Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do worry that KR allows clubs/players/agents to mess us around too much.

I just can’t imagine this palaver would’ve been tolerated by Mapp, feel he would’ve pulled the plug and moved on.

I do worry that KR allows clubs/players/agents to mess us around too much.

I just can’t imagine this palaver would’ve been tolerated by Mapp, feel he would’ve pulled the plug and moved on.
The one thing that Appleton always said though was that you had to be patient. The Maguire transfer was a good case in point.

The one thing that Appleton always said though was that you had to be patient. The Maguire transfer was a good case in point.
very true, but this deal has going on all summer, and has morphed from a permanent deal, to a season long loan, to a 6 month loan, once he signs for another club, to him now sitting in the stands unsure of whats going on himself by the sounds of it!

I don't think Mapp would've accepted that level of messing about, as it's one thing being patient for a permanent deal or long term loan, but a 6 month loan, where its certain the player will be leaving in Jan, brings into question how truly committed that player will be in the first place.

After all this, he'll probably be announced on a 3 year deal tomorrow!

The commitment side of things is a major concern for me with Cadden, but also...how good even is he?
For me, signing Cadden was about how good could he become more than how good he is right now. A small investment that could grow in value if we can settle him in English football. We are talking about a player who has never played for anyone other than Motherwell in the SPL. We’ve seen before it doesn’t matter how well you do up there it doesn’t always mean you will do the same down here.
Cadden spent 4 months of last season out injured and then even when back the general consensus is that he had a poor season by his standards, so it’s not like he’s a player in top form ready for a new challenge.
Wether he signs permanently or on loan it would be harsh to expect him to settle immediately and this is where my loan issue lies. We are going to spend time and effort getting him match fit, settled in English football and then at best get a few of months of him before...see you later Chris, enjoy your new club.
To put it simply, if he somehow ends up here permanently, then I’ll be delighted and well done to the club.
If he signs on loan from the MLS and is here for 6 months, then that’s disappointing for me and I don’t see why we are wasting our time with the deal.
If he signs on loan with the plan being he ends up at Sunderland, well then I think even Scotchegg would post something negative. ?

This Cadden business is starting to become some sort of joke. Will he won’t he? Say in the stands and he told my father he was signing, he’s coming to us for 6 months then to Sunderland for the remaining part of the season l, this is total bollox.
I would call it a day regarding Cadden if it is for 6 months then he’s of to scumderland to help them with a promotion push while we would be languishing on the depths of L1.
Has Robinson got any clout, has Tiger or any of his mob got any pull are they prepared to invest in the playing side. If not they can fook off.
This seasons recruitment surely has to be one of the worst we’ve had in years.
It makes me laugh posters saying don’t panic still a couple of weeks before the season starts I think they need to wake up and see that our great club is suffering yet again.

I have a gut feeling it's Ranger.
If it is then that would be a sign of failure at this club, was never a prolific goal scorer and it also shows the board have no intention of trying to put this club forward as a promotion prospect.

Last edited:
If he was a key player in the first 6 months, we should be grateful to have had him for that time, surely?
yes and no really.

If he was a key player until Jan, which enabled us to pick up a lot of points, that would be great, but then when he leaves, we've got a gaping hole in our team, that we may struggle to fill.

However, if he knows he's off in Jan, will he be as committed as a perm/season long loan player? Will he throw himself into 50/50 tackles, run himself into the ground, chase lost causes, will he throw his body on the line to block a shot in the 89th minute?

A 6 month loan could go either way really. It could be great, and he could help us make a great start, and build up good momentum for the season, or we could end up carrying a player, who's more interested in simply staying fit, as he knows he'll be off soon anyway.

Ignore t is then that would be a sign of failure at this club, was never a prolific goal scorer and it also shows the board have no intention of trying to put this club forward as a promotion prospect.

Not so sure I agree with you re: Cadden but definitely regarding Ranger - in fact, I think you are being kind describing him as " never a prolific goalscorer" - his record is far worse than Wes Thomas for example - in fact, isn't Wes a free agent so maybe we should sound him out !!!

To be fair to Wes, probably a better prospect anyway especially with the creative players we already do have

The commitment side of things is a major concern for me with Cadden, but also...how good even is he?
For me, signing Cadden was about how good could he become more than how good he is right now. A small investment that could grow in value if we can settle him in English football. We are talking about a player who has never played for anyone other than Motherwell in the SPL. We’ve seen before it doesn’t matter how well you do up there it doesn’t always mean you will do the same down here.
Cadden spent 4 months of last season out injured and then even when back the general consensus is that he had a poor season by his standards, so it’s not like he’s a player in top form ready for a new challenge.
Wether he signs permanently or on loan it would be harsh to expect him to settle immediately and this is where my loan issue lies. We are going to spend time and effort getting him match fit, settled in English football and then at best get a few of months of him before...see you later Chris, enjoy your new club.
To put it simply, if he somehow ends up here permanently, then I’ll be delighted and well done to the club.
If he signs on loan from the MLS and is here for 6 months, then that’s disappointing for me and I don’t see why we are wasting our time with the deal.
If he signs on loan with the plan being he ends up at Sunderland, well then I think even Scotchegg would post something negative. ?
Wed also be getting a player match fit and settled into league 1 football for a rival in our own division if this is all true.A totally pointless move.If Sunderland cant afford the fee its not down to us to help them.

Not so sure I agree with you re: Cadden but definitely regarding Ranger - in fact, I think you are being kind describing him as " never a prolific goalscorer" - his record is far worse than Wes Thomas for example - in fact, isn't Wes a free agent so maybe we should sound him out !!!

To be fair to Wes, probably a better prospect anyway especially with the creative players we already do have
yeah I agree, I wouldn't go anywhere near Ranger, I don't understand what he could bring to our club, other than grief

For everbody's info, the "deep pocket" guys on the Board are, at this very moment, funding invoices from the Consultants appointed by them to look at the -so called- '5 sites'. So they are in effect "backing the club" as these fees run in to many thousands. Would most people on here rather we were not doing this?

For everbody's info, the "deep pocket" guys on the Board are, at this very moment, funding invoices from the Consultants appointed by them to look at the -so called- '5 sites'. So they are in effect "backing the club" as these fees run in to many thousands. Would most people on here rather we were not doing this?
Allegedly. We’ve had enough of experts, and itk guys

very true, but this deal has going on all summer, and has morphed from a permanent deal, to a season long loan, to a 6 month loan, once he signs for another club, to him now sitting in the stands unsure of whats going on himself by the sounds of it!

I don't think Mapp would've accepted that level of messing about, as it's one thing being patient for a permanent deal or long term loan, but a 6 month loan, where its certain the player will be leaving in Jan, brings into question how truly committed that player will be in the first place.

After all this, he'll probably be announced on a 3 year deal tomorrow!

The problem here is that we don't know whether it is that KR is a bit weak in negotiations or if he has at least one hand tied behind his back - he is certainly being left to field all the questions which many have for the club as a whole - MAPP was regularly being backed up verbally by his board which must have been a positive advantage

Thanks for the ‘information’. Information is good, at least where it is reliable and communicating this to people who commit time and money to following their team might be a good thing to do. Let’s hope it catches on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom