Transfer News +++Transfer Deadline Day LIVE +++

Like he also pockets the £1m+ loss every season you mean
Not strictly true Dave. His holding companies show profit and loss and he gets paid from them. The need for him to actually put money/cash into OUFC is not there. All on paper. One of the wondrous things about being a director (with vast experience of capital funding etc!)

So Oufc doesn’t run at over £1m loss per season ? With £11m plus debts ? The myth that Darryl keeps the lot is wrong, even charlie is in agreement that his balance sheet now is probably fairly even in what he’s put into Oufc and could have taken out. And that’s not accounting for operating costs, agent fees and stuff like that. Purely transfer income vs cost of club and estimated transfer fees spent. (Which he airs on the low side)

Maybe we should just keep this on topic?

So Oufc doesn’t run at over £1m loss per season ? With £11m plus debts ? The myth that Darryl keeps the lot is wrong, even charlie is in agreement that his balance sheet now is probably fairly even in what he’s put into Oufc and could have taken out. And that’s not accounting for operating costs, agent fees and stuff like that. Purely transfer income vs cost of club and estimated transfer fees spent. (Which he airs on the low side)
No, what I am saying is that Eales does not keep putting money in. So, he is not running a £1m loss. Part of the running costs of the holding company, Ensco1070, for OUFC that is in turn, a holding company for Alcydion, is a salary to the director. So Eales is actually making a living out of OUFC, nothing wrong with that but, he is not having to dig into his pocket every month to fund the club.

Maybe we should just keep this on topic?

This is the topic, who do u think is going to buy any incoming players or get decent fees for out going ones. Not that many years ago the only exits we could expect in a jan window we’re players being released from their contract to make way for wilders yearly tinker. Now we are selling multiple players for £m’s

Last edited by a moderator:
  • React
Reactions: Ian
Johnson has a decision to make.

Play first team league 1 football and put himself in the shop window for moves elsewhere. Or train with the U23s with several players ahead of him at a club that don't want him.

I think the Woodman thing is slightly misleading.
We have always heard that the club has a few targets for every position.

I suspect with Barnsley making bids for Easty, it is likely we have asked NUFC about Woodman's availability.

Sounds to me like more of a back up plan rather than a sure fire thing.

Simon Eastwood is pivotal to our success.

Doesn’t sound a lot
bc9274f8b810f2212007c4c45d0a8d7a.jpg

Jheeeeze 350k is pitiful.

I get keepers go for less but that would hideous.

Championship clubs receiving bids from Premier League teams:

"I geniunely believe this lad is worth the full £12 million"

Championship clubs bidding on League One players:

"You'll get a packet of crisps and be grateful for them."

'You should be flattered by our interest in players from your little club'

'Now roll over and let us tickle your belies'

• React
Reactions: MJB
To be fair £350k is pretty good for most league 1 goalkeepers of Eastwoods age (ie not a youngster with potential to be a world beater) but that doesn’t take into consideration how good he’s been for us. We don’t need to sell, they can jog on

Championship clubs receiving bids from Premier League teams:

"I geniunely believe this lad is worth the full £12 million"

Championship clubs bidding on League One players:

"You'll get a packet of crisps and be grateful for them."

? It’s called pecking order. I’m sure we try to do the same if we want a league 2 or National League player

Northern Echo mentioned it in their live text a couple of hours ago:

"Other than that winger Marvin Johnson could be the other player on the move. Oxford have been knocked back a couple of times already and might try again."

Does that suggest we are going for a permanent deal?

Back
Top Bottom