League One Tinpot Reading

View attachment 17411
Their away support is bigger than ours. Fair play for their reaction yesterday and making something happen, did not expect it. Still don't like them But in the grand scheme if things they are meh.
Only this season because they have new grounds to visit, and only just. For all the years they've been in the Championship and we've been in League 1 or 2 we've consistently averaged higher away crowds each season.

It will of course also depend on who they have played, and which were midweek or Saturday games. A lot of variables in play behind mid-season raw total counts.

This as well, get a big away end on Saturday to a team you haven’t played in years at the right time of year when you are on a good run and you can take so many more than a team who catch them at the wrong time in midweek. For instance had we got Charlton away on a prime Saturday rather than New Year’s Day we take a lot more than we did, Reading could well be benefiting from a couple of fixtures like that as well as the new ground syndrome.

View attachment 17411
Their away support is bigger than ours. Fair play for their reaction yesterday and making something happen, did not expect it. Still don't like them But in the grand scheme if things they are meh.

It’s an interesting chart but the miles travelled metric is a bit simplistic for me, if you are going to use that to alter teams averages then why not other factors, it’s just one consideration as to the difficulty/ease of getting to a game.

Where were all the tennis ball protests and pitch invasions complaining about that? There weren't any, because their fans were too busy enjoying the unsustainable success.
I'm not aware that we protested too vigorously when a certain R Maxwell was engaged in dodgy dealing on our behalf.

I certainly agree that we lost out when he switched to Derby. However, my understanding is that our club benefited from Maxwell's creative accountancy. I could say more, but the information is not my own.

As for yesterday's antics. I don't think Port Vale should be awarded the match 3-0 as previously suggested as that is unfair on the other teams who have dropped points against Reading.

However, they need to be punished, and severely. They've been disrupting games all season with their tennis ball protests. A hefty fine, next two games behind closed doors and a 3 point deduction sounds about right.

View attachment 17411
First season at this level, we took more away than them in L2/Conference than they were doing in the Championship!

I certainly agree that we lost out when he switched to Derby. However, my understanding is that our club benefited from Maxwell's creative accountancy. I could say more, but the information is not my own.

Pretty certain Maxwell won’t mind.

I couldn’t give a f**k if the pair of them go to the wall tomorrow, they couldn’t care about us so f**k them.

Yep, and we shouldn't expect any sympathy from anyone else if it happens.

Live way beyond your means and this is the risk you take. You shouldn't expect any other clubs to shed any tears for you.
As a club, I agree.
I do think that the supporters of most clubs in this situation deserve sympathy ( Reading aside)
It is totally out of their control how much is spent, how the debt builds up.

Big difference being nobody knew until the whole thing unravelled, and we were a very,very,very long way down the list of where the money went.

It is common knowledge that the Plastics have been spending 200%+ of their revenue.

An element of financial transparency, even if it is a bit blurred in a lot of cases, is generally good for the game.

Is there any reason why they didn't protest in the Championship when they were routinely, and evidently, spending well beyond their means for a decade?

IMG_0253.jpeg

"Again, we'll never play you again"

That's what they sang at us as we went down and they went up. Followed by a constant barrage of P**s taking over the years as we struggled and they were bankrolled into the Premier League. They are still at it on social media this season, trying to portray us as a small club, in their shadow.

They also have a history of showing no sympathy for other clubs who fell on hard times over the years.

And you hope we show them our support? Absolutely no way. f**k them, they've bought it on themselves and deserve everything they're currently getting.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

As for yesterday's antics. I don't think Port Vale should be awarded the match 3-0 as previously suggested as that is unfair on the other teams who have dropped points against Reading.

However, they need to be punished, and severely. They've been disrupting games all season with their tennis ball protests. A hefty fine, next two games behind closed doors and a 3 point deduction sounds about right.

How will they pay the hefty fine?

Back
Top Bottom