General Very Tinpot Wycombe

Not actually enough contact to make anyone fall over so if he doesn’t throw himself to the ground then Barnsley don’t score. Plus why drop the ball?

Not actually enough contact to make anyone fall over so if he doesn’t throw himself to the ground then Barnsley don’t score. Plus why drop the ball?

From how I see it, I think the goalie used his right arm to brace against the player (with ball in left hand), then used left arm to brace the fall and the ball got lost in translation between those moments. Keepers make those falls with the ball still held so you could say he was clumsy (while setting aside the initial push)

Would they?! Not sure how in anyway that is even close to being a red card. A foul yes, possibly a yellow card but no way is it a red.

It's not a red card, not for a second.

Some would give it though, if he's raised his hands, he's given the ref a decision to make.

We've seen it happen.

Last edited:
From how I see it, I think the goalie used his right arm to brace against the player (with ball in left hand), then used left arm to brace the fall and the ball got lost in translation between those moments. Keepers make those falls with the ball still held so you could say he was clumsy (while setting aside the initial push)

There’s so little contact there that you don’t need to brace against anything, that wouldn’t knock my 94 year old grandad over, he could just stay standing up and get on with the game and High Wycombe get a point, he has thrown himself to the ground to waste (even more time).

Goalies get so much protection yet waste so much time, this one just gets his comeuppance for it.

OK, let's all laugh at Wycombe but that "incident" gives Barnsley two additional points which may cost someone a playoff place come May

It's a foul, no doubt. But the keeper trying dramatically to get it back indicates that HE maybe didn't think so and he'd better try and iron out his mistake. Not a difficult sell for the ref.

There’s so little contact there that you don’t need to brace against anything, that wouldn’t knock my 94 year old grandad over, he could just stay standing up and get on with the game and High Wycombe get a point, he has thrown himself to the ground to waste (even more time).

Goalies get so much protection yet waste so much time, this one just gets his comeuppance for it.

Yes I agree it was minimal contact. No dispute there. He made the most of it hoping for a foul.

Just 1,604 in attendance at Adams Park to witness the FA Cup loss to Morecambe today and the natives are getting very restless with gaffer Matt Bloomfield.

Hardly a good attendance from us today but I can't imagine us being tinpot enough to get a crowd this low in an FA cup second round game!
Just 1,604 in attendance at Adams Park to witness the FA Cup loss to Morecambe today and the natives are getting very restless with gaffer Matt Bloomfield.

Back
Top Bottom