League One Tinpot Reading

A good friend of mine I spoke to yesterday who is a season ticket holder gave his take on what is happening.
John Madjeski is partly to blame for selling to a charlatan initially. Then the Thais asset stripped and now the Chinese are lumbered with a £200m debt.
it needs to go bankrupt as it’s worthless. Administration will take control away from the owners.
Basically ripe for a supporter buyout to at least start in L2.
I keep asking the chair of the supporters club why we don’t do this. I’ve done the calculations and sent them through to her.
We will be expunged from L1 at the very least. All the home games will be abandoned as the group decided to act last night. I’m not sure about action at away games. All I know is the intention is to disrupt all the remaining home matches.

I think it has to be remembered that whilst we can be amused at what has happened it could just as easily happen to anyone else. We still pay huge rent to Kassam and there are plenty of obstacles ahead of us if we are to move away to SB

Last edited:
How are you aware that we have the second highest wage budget in the league?
Was confirmed by Colin B who's close to things. Even without that it's not hard to imagine that we're spending plenty of money with Cam's big contract, Henry getting one off the back of that and the likes of Murphy and Browne on big money to barely contribute.

There but buy the grace of god…

Don’t get me wrong I want to thrash then on a football field same as the scum orient Luton everyone else, I just want the opportunity to play them regularly. I hate that they’ve had to keep throwing tennis balls on the pitch and complete an invasion and sit in. I wish the fans every success in their struggle to keep their club alive and I hope that it is sold soon.

I hope and pray we never have to go through that again.

Don’t get me wrong I want to thrash then on a football field same as the scum orient Luton everyone else, I just want the opportunity to play them regularly. I hate that they’ve had to keep throwing tennis balls on the pitch and complete an invasion and sit in. I wish the fans every success in their struggle to keep their club alive and I hope that it is sold soon.

Aye I hate to see any club go bust. We need teams to play and local rivals are more fun than boring Barnsley, Burton,etc.

We will be expunged from L1 at the very least. All the home games will be abandoned as the group decided to act last night. I’m not sure about action at away games. All I know is the intention is to disrupt all the remaining home matches.

If they've genuinely decided that yesterday is going to be the norm from now on, then at a minimum the EFL is going to have to have all their games played behind closed doors, and at a maximum they'll throw them out of the league.

Otherwise, agree 100% with WuTang and Joey. Reading are reaping what they've sowed.....but it could just as easily be us if Bakari gets bored the way Yongge has. It's the danger you face if you don't live within your means.

I feel sorry for their fans who sympathised with our plight, but can’t help but feel satisfaction that their fans who mocked us are now experiencing something similar!

A good friend of mine I spoke to yesterday who is a season ticket holder gave his take on what is happening.
John Madjeski is partly to blame for selling to a charlatan initially. Then the Thais asset stripped and now the Chinese are lumbered with a £200m debt.
it needs to go bankrupt as it’s worthless. Administration will take control away from the owners.
Basically ripe for a supporter buyout to at least start in L2.
I keep asking the chair of the supporters club why we don’t do this. I’ve done the calculations and sent them through to her.

I think it has to be remembered that whilst we can be amused at what has happened it could just as easily happen to anyone else. We still pay huge rent to Kassam and there are plenty of obstacles ahead of us if we are to move away to SB
They should be kicked out of the league and start again like Bury, not allowed to go into L2.
If their fans are going to protest again, who is going to visit their place only to see Reading fans screw up the game.
Port Vale fans paid good money to watch a game, they bought a ticket,b spent money on travel, food, programmes only to see 16 minutes of footy. Who’s going to recompense them?
If they’re still operating when they’re due to play us, I would expect the club to bring in extra stewards, more police and prevent fans getting on the pitch. I’d also have security beefed up around the fence end to stop them trying to jump over ab
ndcdisrupt the game.

They should be kicked out of the league and start again like Bury, not allowed to go into L2.
If their fans are going to protest again, who is going to visit their place only to see Reading fans screw up the game.
Port Vale fans paid good money to watch a game, they bought a ticket,b spent money on travel, food, programmes only to see 16 minutes of footy. Who’s going to recompense them?
If they’re still operating when they’re due to play us, I would expect the club to bring in extra stewards, more police and prevent fans getting on the pitch. I’d also have security beefed up around the fence end to stop them trying to jump over ab
ndcdisrupt the game.

Some of those Port Vale fans would have spent the best part of a hundred quid on yesterdays day out, with only 16 minutes being played and obviously no result being reached, all because of a premeditated pitch invasion/occupation that Reading FC did practically nothing to stop. Port Vale FC and the fans, if it’s ordered to be replayed, have to pay more money out on a week night, they will probably receive no money towards the costs so it’s shot for them.

If it happens again, then to keep the sporting integrity of the competition, they have to play behind closed doors, no other alternative, can’t have one teams fans deliberately getting games called off else the competition becomes a joke.

I don't like Reading, I am 100% supportive of the fans disrupting every game (even ours) until they actually get listened to.

Considering the reaction on here to some weak comms from the club, surely we cannot be against their fans making themselves unavoidable in the face of what they've been lumbered with lately.

If they continue to disrupt games and those games are not played they will be played behind closed doors, no way can a league allow that to continue, don’t know if that helps or hinders their cause?

And if they take action at the game at our place, I hope we show our support for them too.
"Again, we'll never play you again"

That's what they sang at us as we went down and they went up. Followed by a constant barrage of P**s taking over the years as we struggled and they were bankrolled into the Premier League. They are still at it on social media this season, trying to portray us as a small club, in their shadow.

They also have a history of showing no sympathy for other clubs who fell on hard times over the years.

And you hope we show them our support? Absolutely no way. f**k them, they've bought it on themselves and deserve everything they're currently getting.

Don`t get me wrong, I was on the pitch protesting against the Thames Valley Royals.

That was for a far different reason though, it was the absolute destruction of two clubs.

As it stands Reading will take the rough with the smooth the same as we did in the Conference years.

They weren`t whining when they were in the PremierSh*t, or moving from a crumbling Elm Park to the MadStad................ all gets a bit parallel universe from there.

"Again, we'll never play you again"

That's what they sang at us as we went down and they went up. Followed by a constant barrage of P**s taking over the years as we struggled and they were bankrolled into the Premier League. They are still at it on social media this season, trying to portray us as a small club, in their shadow.

They also have a history of showing no sympathy for other clubs who fell on hard times over the years.

And you hope we show them our support? Absolutely no way. f**k them, they've bought it on themselves and deserve everything they're currently getting.

Yep, I’m from this school of thought too. No sympathy for Reading - or Swindon. There was plenty of p*ss taking from them during our struggles so now the boots on the other foot, I agree, f**k them.

Back
Top Bottom