General Very Tinpot Wycombe

Deanroger

I hate to say it but Wycombe are looking ominously like automatic promotion contenders this season. When they came to us I thought they looked very strong and had real presence all over the pitch. They are obviously masters of the 'dark arts' too which is frustrating but very effective. I still don't think we have enough 'muscle' and 'nastiness' in the squad to grab one of those automatic spots. Let's hope I am off the mark with this gut feeling.

It’s natural that a team that’s had a season in the Championship would look strong, I’d like to think we’d be a step stronger this season if we’d gone up instead of them - even if we’d come straight back down

Me too. All I'm saying is that they look good for an auto spot at present which could mean there will only be one left.

Don’t really care about any of the other teams in this division so if we don’t go up I ain’t arsed about who does. It’s a decent level with some decent sized clubs in it and it’s much better than where we were for the 16 (?) years previously but none of the clubs really get you going this year, found myself scanning the potential FA cup first round draw for either a fun away day or a game with a bit of needle.

Not knocking the club, just we have been back at this level long enough that you get used to it and we have no real malice with any of the teams, when Wycombe even get mentioned then you know that’s true.

, found myself scanning the potential FA cup first round draw for either a fun away day or a game with a bit of needle
Now your talking fa cup when is the draw for the first round id like a team from quite far down the pyramid for a decent away day and a ground with a decent support I don’t want to draw league 1 or 2 teams not to much to ask is it 😁

Now your talking fa cup when is the draw for the first round id like a team from quite far down the pyramid for a decent away day and a ground with a decent support I don’t want to draw league 1 or 2 teams not to much to ask is it 😁

Final qualifying round is the coming weekend so Monday after that probably.

I am excited by Wycombes success. It’s great to see the little guy doing well and punching above their weight especially as they’re close by like Oxford City and Banbury

I am excited by Wycombes success. It’s great to see the little guy doing well and punching above their weight especially as they’re close by like Oxford City and Banbury
I’d rather it was us than them.

As a club and entity I quite like Wycombe, small local club doing well etc, but I hate the current team and setup because they basically cheat - sneaky fouls, time wasting, etc - rather than attempting to play football. Referees need to be stronger with this sort of team.

Unfortunately it looks like the 'Wycombe Way' is the way to get promoted. Strength and dark arts are effective at this level.

I’d for sure rather they went up over Sunderland, just for the joy of reading their forum…
I’d rather Sunderland went up, but it would be funny if they lost to Wycombe.

Ainsworth is a c**t and his team cheating fuckers, but they have an incredible will to win and are going to be hard to beat.

Back
Top Bottom