There has to be something going on..

Interest in revitalising the dog track at Sandy Lane?

A sizeable loan to make it happen has just been submitted by a Mr J Beauchamp ...

It all sounds like a repetition of the FK scam. Using the club as a front to get land, planning and licences as all necessary for looking after the club and the good people (voters) of Oxfordshire.

And Kassam is one of the “investors” in the new stadium/hotels etc., as part of the deal in us leaving Grenoble Road and freeing it up for housing? A legal kickback to Tiger?

Last edited:
Where are the paying fans going to come from? the new generation has very little interest in their local club and there are so many other things to attract these days and that's without even thinking about the never out the house always sat in front of the consoles on their mobiles youngsters etc etc etc.....
They can talk the talk all they want have plans for this that and the other but without the paying customer and a on field product worthy of the name or is it "Brand" there is no football club..Meanwhile the gap between the elite and clubs such as ours grows ever wider and no charlie new train set tycoon wont give a flying or be able to anything about it but he/they will still have their land to play with.

Theres been a few rumblings in the local media about the old speedway /dog racing stadium in
Sandy Lane, BBleys albeit pretty much derelict currently = multi sport stadium potential dog racing, speedway & football

downsides - parking minimal in the vicinity, if there is dog n speedway racing distance from the (football) pitch
would probably require binoculars?

Apart from the novelty of OUFC being a boys toy for our absentee owner , he and other investors will be looking to make as much £ as they can
from owning an EFL football club

I doubt if anything other than filthy lucre is what any owners or 'investors' are interested in... fact is none of them give a f**k about Oxford United football club as anything other than a means to (try to) accrue more money by whatever means, as far as I can see
Re the bottom paragraph the same as the owners of Chelsea’s both Manchester clubs Leicester Watford Everton Liverpool Bournemouth to name a few

Agreed, the ground, the fan base, the merchandise, the players, etc etc all have to be a good product - Help us.......

Good posts from @PC, @Navegante, @unification, @ZeroTheHero.

Getting really angry now.

The aim here is to extricate OUFC from the stadium to allow lucrative development. It's not pure asset-stripping as there are obviously no current assets to strip.

OUFC the club is irrelevant to Tiger, Thohir, Griecke, Nuseibah, Floreat and any other speculative parasites who might get involved. They don't care if we end up homeless or playing on a recreation ground in Bicester.

The club is simply a mess. Absent owner, ineffective manager, stadium owner we can't deal with, part time MD. The list goes on.

Unless something significant happens - and I can't imagine what that might be right now - we'll be playing 'who'll finish bottom?' with Plymouth throughout the season.

Whether we lose on Saturday or win 4-0 is irrelevant. Robinson is going nowhere as he's a convenient part of Tiger's consortium's longer term plan.

No doubt the new housing scheme at Grenoble Road will have to be called 'Kassam Meadows' or something equally obnoxious. Get your name down now.

No No No!!!!

Darryl, the investment banker, sold the club to the best future custodian. Not to the highest paying charlatan.

But hey everyone. This was all done ‘in the best interests of the club’..
Hmm , the Sartori/Donald/Methven takeover was also a business proposition that didn't work for them at the higher asking price, and also involved a ground move ? I think they've shown that money talks by the Sunderland takeover when clearly none of them have ever had any prior connection to Sunderland.

Would they have done a better job than Tiger? [edit] of course, how could it be any worse judging by our current league position and stand-off with Kassam[/edit],

But, Donald lost £10 million only getting Eastleigh from conference south to conference in his time in charge, and bills and costs keep appearing out of the woodwork at Sunderland which threatens their business plan of slashing the wage bill and using parachute payments to pay off Short, and it seems the £45M to buy out Short wasn't there to start with, which was about the sum I think was discussed to do a project at OUFC (move + stadium + promotion).

Also the council talk after was that Water Eaton was never a goer, but now the councils are talking relocation again?

Although i'd like to think that if Donald involved had been involved with Sartori at Oxford, there would have been some interest in having a prosperous football team at the same time, presumably not by asset stripping any land around a new ground.

Last edited:
A Reading fan that cares about OUFC, there's a first ?

Difference is as has been mentioned previously we as a club don't really have any assets to strip, we don't own the ground, we own no land so what could he strip?

My worry is that there is no plan, hope I am wrong!

I think we will need to see may take say 2 years but the chairman is the first chairman from FK that has the money to do something about FK, stick with the chairman and see

I’ve said it before and will say it again both Oxford city council and Oxfordshire county council don’t give one s**t about OUFC.
If having read this thread it turns out themat Tiger is a mere miracle of a middle man so as to line his pockets via being the vendor and vendee in the same sentence with the attitude “ Football nah I’m only here to make money “ then what the f**k is the fit and proper persons test all about with the FA.

Thinking aloud re: Thohir. Why would a man worth over £200 million want to invest cash in to build a stadium, plus other stuff when the pay off will be a long term one? The property play would have to be a significant one to to get a decent ROI out by the end of it. Secondly, where in Oxford is there enough land to do this on a scale that would be of interest to a large investor?

If I recall correctly, WE was not a goer because the Farmer who owned part of the land said he'd not really been spoken to, plus the local plan had moved on since it was proposed.

I have said it before, in terms of available sites, green belt land is under consideration for development. That could include some very large plots with good access.

Back
Top Bottom