Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
So everyone will vote for the MP that aligns with their Brexit view, and will be voted for on that one policy alone? What rubbish. A GE will not, and should not, be just about Brexit.

Whatever the result, should one take place, it will not make it any clearer what 'the people' want... Unless the Brexit party win the most seats!

Completely agree with LJS and the above. Obviously a GE should be about a whole range of issues and the various policies that parties have as part of their manifesto. That’s in a normal political environment!!

We are so far from a normal political environment at the moment and with all encompassing Brexit hanging over us anyone who thinks that it’ll be anything other than a de facto 2nd referendum are a lot more optimistic than me. It’ll be six weeks of “we’ll get Brexit done” or “We’ll revoke article

It’s paralysis at the moment and the only way forward has to be a GE.
Nothing is happening in terms of legislation as it’s all about brexit.
Labour won’t agree to an election on the grounds that they’re unhappy with a no deal, although the reality is that they would most likely lose. They also hope that voters might be persuaded to come round to their way of thinking on brexit...not that they are clear on that.
Meanwhile Jo Swinson and her motley crew of remainers continue to pick up support from the other parties.
If there is an election in December, it’s unclear what the the outcome will be. An election just before Christmas though unlikely, might just get rid of the dead wood and see some positive change. If there’s an election then comically it could be drawn out like brexit because of heavy snow.
Lowest turnout in history and compete lack of interest from the public.
The MPs have a lot to do to rebuild the faith of the public.

The best thing that could happen to Labour would be to agree a GE, lose it badly, be forced to dump Corbyn, McDonald, & Abbott. Crush Momentum and the far left in the same way that Militant was dealt with. Elect a moderate centre left leader and front bench and become a party that was actually electable.
And yet just two years ago Labour increased its share of the vote and seats, leading to a hung parliamemt. doing much better than most social democratic parties. Given the Conservative party has moved so far to the right that it no longer had room for the likes of Philip Hammond. I can't see leave seats in the North east voting for Johnson under any circumstances. the Tories can say goodbye tot heir Scottish seats too and they'll be vulnerable in lots of the South East.

I think the only message from the last few years that we can all agree with is "don't count your chickens".

I did laugh at the clip from last week with Bernard Jenkins and Ian Blackford of the SNP - it rather shows the two faced nature of what some are proposing for leaving the EU and what the SNP want with IndyRef2. The look of smugness on Jenkins face suggests he was told to use that line.

It does sound like the Govt will be playing parliamentary games this week to move the needle to something else by boring MPs out - leaving the EU or a GE. With Macron's understandable disgust at the UK parliament, it could be a dull and exciting week in parliament. I just wish the Govt weren't playing those games, but Remainer MPs are so "yeah........ but....... no........ but" I can see why.

And of course, the poison dwarf finally leaves the speakers seat. Ding dong the witch is dead ;)

"Poison Dwarf" "witch" What pleasant chaps you are.

Meanwhile even the biggest Brexit fan of all can't say there's going to be any benefit for the common people for 50 years.

Those who short the pound and move their business to Ireland of course will see benefits a bit sooner...

Can kicked until 31st January 2020............................................ no surprise there then....

Stalemate until then with no GE getting through...........

And a new word created............ flextension.

And yet just two years ago Labour increased its share of the vote and seats, leading to a hung parliamemt. doing much better than most social democratic parties. Given the Conservative party has moved so far to the right that it no longer had room for the likes of Philip Hammond. I can't see leave seats in the North east voting for Johnson under any circumstances. the Tories can say goodbye tot heir Scottish seats too and they'll be vulnerable in lots of the South East.

I think the only message from the last few years that we can all agree with is "don't count your chickens".
Thats when the Labour Party manifesto stated they would honour the result of the referendum, by the time we had the european elections it became clear they were hiding in a bunker hoping the storm would pass without their involvement. They got smashed and have now back tracked faster than an olympic cyclist on fast rewind. I cant see the North East voting in labour candidates that are remain.

Weird isn't it. the people who keep talking about how undemocratic the EU is also spend their time citing the EU elections.

37 Percent of people voted. I imagine those are the people for whom the EU is the most importnat issue. Just over half the people who voted inthr 2017 General Election.

The Labour Policy remains very good- accept the referendum, negotiate the best deal possible- (retaining workers and environmental rights so need for the Tory amendments to to send children up chimneys and adulterate food.) and then have a vote on the result.

Maybe people in Sunderland won't vote for that. But that won't bring their jobs back. And if they trust Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees Mogg to save them they're even dafter than trusting that other Old Etonian Charlie Methven to get them back in the Premiership.

Thats when the Labour Party manifesto stated they would honour the result of the referendum, by the time we had the european elections it became clear they were hiding in a bunker hoping the storm would pass without their involvement. They got smashed and have now back tracked faster than an olympic cyclist on fast rewind. I cant see the North East voting in labour candidates that are remain.

For the result of the referendum, clearly define the basis of the future relationship and how it looks in the transition period in that question as that is what is being argued about?

You might be wrong on Labour north east voters: https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...brexit-remain-second-referendum-a8973551.html

I have a memory of reading an analysis that a lot of Brexiteers didn't vote for Labour anyway in the last GE in the North East but can't find the article with it.

Weird isn't it. the people who keep talking about how undemocratic the EU is also spend their time citing the EU elections.

37 Percent of people voted. I imagine those are the people for whom the EU is the most importnat issue. Just over half the people who voted inthr 2017 General Election.

The Labour Policy remains very good- accept the referendum, negotiate the best deal possible- (retaining workers and environmental rights so need for the Tory amendments to to send children up chimneys and adulterate food.) and then have a vote on the result.

Maybe people in Sunderland won't vote for that. But that won't bring their jobs back. And if they trust Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees Mogg to save them they're even dafter than trusting that other Old Etonian Charlie Methven to get them back in the Premiership.
What I find weird is why you have to keep making stuff up to try and prove a point.

A one eyed bling hedge hog can see the labour party policy on brexit as a total cluster f**k and a complete cop out.

Sh*t just got serious - sod the breakdown of the UK Motoring Industry, currency fluctuations and curbs on workers' rights, if I can't have pigs in blankets on Christmas Day I'm marching on Downing Street pitchfork in hand.

Could you be specific about what I’ve made up?

I know that now Boris Johnson is Prime Minister (“ a pathological liar with no moral compass of any kind “ as one of his former colleagues called him) it’s hard for you Brexit supporters to know the difference but it would help the rest of us understand where you’re coming from.

Sh*t just got serious - sod the breakdown of the UK Motoring Industry, currency fluctuations and curbs on workers' rights, if I can't have pigs in blankets on Christmas Day I'm marching on Downing Street pitchfork in hand.

Seeming as this whole brexit debacle was presaged by Boris’s made up stories about straight bananas, and the metric martyr business, it’s not so surprising to see this kind of stuff. It would be nice if lack of Christmas food was the bleakest aspect of what’s ahead.

Seeming as this whole brexit debacle was presaged by Boris’s made up stories about straight bananas, and the metric martyr business, it’s not so surprising to see this kind of stuff. It would be nice if lack of Christmas food was the bleakest aspect of what’s ahead.
I would imagine David Cameron is aghast at this news given his desire for all things porcine ;)

"Poison Dwarf" "witch" What pleasant chaps you are.

Meanwhile even the biggest Brexit fan of all can't say there's going to be any benefit for the common people for 50 years.

Those who short the pound and move their business to Ireland of course will see benefits a bit sooner...
Some would call him a lanky streak of pee because he is tall. The poison dwarf must be order ordering his boxes for when he loses his seat and doesn't get a peerage. Such a shame

Meanwhile, in the People's Vote organisation, they are falling out with each other

Back
Top Bottom