Matches The Yellows at Charlton.......!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I looked some seasons ago, clubs are allowed four “home fans only” ticket promotions per season.

I think we use ours for Armed Forces Day. Not sure about the other 3 games.

If we can take 2,000 to QPR on a Tuesday in the cup then I’d like to think we’d be able to take at least that to Charlton on a Saturday for a more important game in the League.
QPR will have had those wanting to "tick" if off as we hadn't played their since 1999.
We've played at The Valley 5 or 6 times in the last 10 years so naturally will drop off the list for those who have to pick and choose their away games.
Hopefully there are enough people who see it as an excellent day out (which it is, with so many options pre-match) combined with a big game in the end of season run in.

Unfortunately, it has lined up with me being best man at a Covid delayed wedding so won't be heading down, it's normally one of the first on my list.
Will be at Crewe though on the Tuesday following - £25?!?!?!?!

Ticket ordered, another ground to tick off. Bizarrely, through number of reasons never been to The Valley. It will be ground no 106 on which I've seen Oxford play.
I'm the same, think there's been a couple of Tuesday nights where I was working and the other one, I'm ashamed to say..I couldn't be bothered...It was around the time of Ashley Smith-Brown and Buckley-Ricketts (shudders)...I was so convinced it wouldn't be worth going and umm yeah...

Ticket ordered, another ground to tick off. Bizarrely, through number of reasons never been to The Valley. It will be ground no 106 on which I've seen Oxford play.
82 away grounds for me watching Oxford United since 1983, although there are a few non league grounds visited from our anonymous time in the Conference league.
With the true fact that i have seen Rotherham v Oxford United Play at Millmoor, The Don Valley Stadium & The New York Stadium......

Cant believe they have the audacity to challenge the red card. They should be given an extra fine for that.

£2.5k down, 7 yellows, no points, fans in the mud. Feck off Pompey.

I think there used to be a risk of further punishment for 'frivolous appeals'.

Could be mistaken though.

They bus them in from Kent 😂 Palace or Millwall simply would never.
What a ridiculous comment. They bus them in because they have a big supporter base in Kent, and always have had. The only alternative is Gillingham who have generally been useless. So, if we apply your logic, when we have a new stadium (fingers crossed) we shouldn't make arrangements for fans to come in from (say) Chipping Norton, as that might be taking fans away from Cheltenham. Millwall have little fanbase in Kent, because a) they are mostly from Bermondsey, and b) not too many people want to visit Millwall unless they absolutely have to. Palace has always had a south London club supporter base. I'd do a bit more prep before you spout off in future.

What a ridiculous comment. They bus them in because they have a big supporter base in Kent, and always have had. The only alternative is Gillingham who have generally been useless. So, if we apply your logic, when we have a new stadium (fingers crossed) we shouldn't make arrangements for fans to come in from (say) Chipping Norton, as that might be taking fans away from Cheltenham. Millwall have little fanbase in Kent, because a) they are mostly from Bermondsey, and b) not too many people want to visit Millwall unless they absolutely have to. Palace has always had a south London club supporter base. I'd do a bit more prep before you spout off in future.
Chipping Norton is much closer to Oxford. It would be the equivalent of us bussing fans in from Stratford upon Avon 😂
In actual south London charlton have always been viewed as a bit of a joke. Palace and Millwall will always dominate.

I'm the same, think there's been a couple of Tuesday nights where I was working and the other one, I'm ashamed to say..I couldn't be bothered...It was around the time of Ashley Smith-Brown and Buckley-Ricketts (shudders)...I was so convinced it wouldn't be worth going and umm yeah...

Any excuse to dust it off again. Genuinely the most exciting second half of football I've ever witnessed live. It was a real glowing point in the gloom of the post-Pep/pre-Tiger-takeover lull.

IBR wasn't that bad that day at all. If his shot had gone in and not hit the post, all could have been very different ... ASB made his debut as did goalscorer Todd Kane. The latter is a well established player in the Championship, ASB is at Stalybridge Celtic.

What makes that game all the more stranger is that Aaron Martin started ahead of Rob Dickie in defence. Weird.

Chipping Norton is much closer to Oxford. It would be the equivalent of us bussing fans in from Stratford upon Avon 😂
In actual south London charlton have always been viewed as a bit of a joke. Palace and Millwall will always dominate.
Charlton have a lot more background than little Millwall, whose supporters are generally neanderthal idiots. Maybe Charlton fans have historically done a bit better for themselves and moved to more salubrious areas? I suspect by your reasoning Oxford United are viewed as a bit of a joke in actual Oxford, where Chelsea and Man U will always dominate.

Charlton have a lot more background than little Millwall, whose supporters are generally neanderthal idiots. Maybe Charlton fans have historically done a bit better for themselves and moved to more salubrious areas? I suspect by your reasoning Oxford United are viewed as a bit of a joke in actual Oxford, where Chelsea and Man U will always dominate.
Bit harsh on Millwall that, most of their supporters are good people from Bermondsey, Deptford, the Elephant etc. Charlton are always going to be much calmer considering most of them are from places like Tunbridge Wells.

At least Oxford are the biggest club in our own city!

Ticked the Valley off in 1985(ish)..... sure it was mid-week and the first time I had driven into SE London.

No sat navs, no phones and they filmed matches through a potato. :ROFLMAO:

early May 85, 3-3 draw, 2nd from last match in old division 2 before 3 seasons in the top flight

if memory serves it was a bit spicey post match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom