So who should we approach or Interview ?

Charlton was (I hate to say it as it is a season highlight) a bit of an attacking anomaly - would love to think starting a young speedy side with Napa thrown up front would be a realistic game plan - but it was a spur of the moment plan C. I dunno - maybe it could be an option if we played on the counter.....but then we would need to be able to sit back and defend.....doh. Catch 22? Lol

I love this. Delusions of grandeur much?

So you don’t want a young, aspirational manager who is doing extraordinarily well on tight budgets in the league below? Cutting his cloth and making it fit

Which is exactly the type of manager our club, with limited resources, needs

And by the way, those linked so far suggests that a lot of managers are doing their own homework. And they’re not liking what comes back.

GA has done really well- no argument. But can't you see why supporters don't want him? Every time I have seen us play against Wycombe they have tried to waste time, feign injury and kick teams in the air. A very unpleasant team to watch. Compare and contrast to Tisdale at Exeter. They at least play football (or try to). Their budget would not be much more than Wycombe's? They have been equally successful over the years.

Then bringing through youngsters? Wycombe- Makail Smith, Akinfenwa, Hayes, Thomson. All what in their mid 30's?

Compare to Tisdale. Young players brought through and sold at a big profit.

Personally despite agreeing totally that Ainsworth has done a great job at Wycombe, I would not want him at OUFC. Tisdale? Far more. Surely his way of working is far more appropriate to what OUFC are trying to do?

Graham Potter ?

More chance of getting Harry

Him and ron are already here. Aged a bit now though.

09e597ca1acafbf977812972251b173a.jpg

Were we not rumoured to be very keen on Alan Archibald at Partick Thistle in the summer? Not heard his name mentioned at all this time round.

I love this. Delusions of grandeur much?

So you don’t want a young, aspirational manager who is doing extraordinarily well on tight budgets in the league below? Cutting his cloth and making it fit

Which is exactly the type of manager our club, with limited resources, needs

There are others who think having Phil Brown, whose organisational skills and ability to work with cash strapped is excellent, is beneath us

Again, exactly the TYPE of manager we need

Some on here need a bloody wake-up call as to who we can and cannot attract.

And by the way, those linked so far suggests that a lot of managers are doing their own homework. And they’re not liking what comes back.
No delusions of grandeur in the slightest. Don't want GA because of incidents like the Plymouth game or his pathetic "bantz" before that promotion game. Would happily appoint a manager from the Conference, or as suggested elsewhere, Graham Potter - where they come from is irrelevant, it's who they are that is the most important. GA has so many chips on his shoulder, I'm surprised he can stand up straight. The same as Phil Brown.

So pray tell. Why do you assume the fans need a wake up call re the manager? Isn't that just a wee bit self obsessed of you? And how do you know about managers doing their homework and not liking what they see? Spill those beans please!

Faz’s odds are starting to shorten again at a time when you’d think his stock is as low as it’s ever been. Could it be him thats announced as the new manager after the game on Saturday..?

Faz’s odds are starting to shorten again at a time when you’d think his stock is as low as it’s ever been. Could it be him thats announced as the new manager after the game on Saturday..?

Faz's odds are shortening because each game that passes brings him nearer the 10 required for him to be called permanent manager by the bookies.

Faz's odds are shortening because each game that passes brings him nearer the 10 required for him to be called permanent manager by the bookies.
This is probably a silly question but what happens if Faz completes 10 matches as caretaker and then someone else, Bellamy for instance, is announced the new permanent manager? Do the bookies have to pay out on both?

Seeing as we appear to need a magician to get us out of this mess, perhaps we SHOULD push the boat out for Potter....Harry could do a job for us, I'm sure. ??

This is probably a silly question but what happens if Faz completes 10 matches as caretaker and then someone else, Bellamy for instance, is announced the new permanent manager? Do the bookies have to pay out on both?
Don't believe they do once the 10 Games have been played then Faz is classed as permanent manager.

Is anyone else expecting our new manager to be announced today around 9am and Faz remaining in charge for tomorrows game. Would make sense to me and I think it will be Craig Bellamy.

Back
Top Bottom