So who should we approach or Interview ?

Is anyone else expecting our new manager to be announced today around 9am and Faz remaining in charge for tomorrows game. Would make sense to me and I think it will be Craig Bellamy.
Agree about Craig Bellamy but now 09.15 so the announcement is not coming just yet ?

To be honest I’m not holding my breath on any imminent announcement. DE is out of the country again for a start. I know he can still conduct interviews etc via Skype but it doesn’t exactly indicate that it’s top of his list of priorities. I’m more in the camp the that thinks it’ll be as you are with Faz in charge until if and when a take over happens. Just gut feeling

I just thought it would make sense to announce it today and 9am would make sense, but then it is OUFC so sense may not come into it I suppose.
Kane's played in what three games and he's an expert on our destiny now really! wish the players would stop mouthing these opinions and get on and let their skills do the talking.

Nope. Not expecting anything at all.

Judging by Kanes comments this morning "were too good to go down" we are in danger of sleepwalking to relegation.

The sooner someone admits that we are utter s**t at present and does something about it, the better.
To be fair to Kane he’s probably just toeing the party line. If Faz is the preferred candidate there’s going to have to be a pretty good PR campaign needed - “everything is fine, we’ll be ok” etc

Nope. Not expecting anything at all.

Judging by Kanes comments this morning "were too good to go down" we are in danger of sleepwalking to relegation.

The sooner someone admits that we are utter s**t at present and does something about it, the better.
You have been reminding everyone how s**t we are all season, so I don’t think anyone could sleep walk in to relegation with you around ?

GA has done really well- no argument. But can't you see why supporters don't want him? Every time I have seen us play against Wycombe they have tried to waste time, feign injury and kick teams in the air. A very unpleasant team to watch. Compare and contrast to Tisdale at Exeter. They at least play football (or try to). Their budget would not be much more than Wycombe's? They have been equally successful over the years.

Then bringing through youngsters? Wycombe- Makail Smith, Akinfenwa, Hayes, Thomson. All what in their mid 30's?

Compare to Tisdale. Young players brought through and sold at a big profit.

Personally despite agreeing totally that Ainsworth has done a great job at Wycombe, I would not want him at OUFC. Tisdale? Far more. Surely his way of working is far more appropriate to what OUFC are trying to do?

Tisdale would be a great appointment also. Like Ainsworth he cuts his cloth. It’s unfair to say he’s not developed young talent btw. I can think of 2 off the top of my head.

GA’s ‘style’ at Wycombe does not worry me. Again, he’s cutting the cloth, doing what it takes. The notion he can only play one way is bizarre. As an aside some of the gamesmanship you talk about would not go amiss now - it might keep us up.

But both are irrelevant snyway. The clubs rep in the game is nowhere near as high as it was pre-season and even the it was dipping

Ambitious managers ask the right questions. One being: er, why do you have a part-time M.D.?

To be honest I’m not holding my breath on any imminent announcement. DE is out of the country again for a start. I know he can still conduct interviews etc via Skype but it doesn’t exactly indicate that it’s top of his list of priorities. I’m more in the camp the that thinks it’ll be as you are with Faz in charge until if and when a take over happens. Just gut feeling

It’s been that all along, Clotet went because he pissed a lot of people off, after Wigan it just needed one bad result and that would be that, Bury was the one.

It’s Faz until we get taken over unless it gets really desperate, but by that point it might be a bit late. Eales is basically hoping Faz can keep it steady until a deal is done.

It’s been that all along, Clotet went because he pissed a lot of people off, after Wigan it just needed one bad result and that would be that, Bury was the one.

It’s Faz until we get taken over unless it gets really desperate, but by that point it might be a bit late. Eales is basically hoping Faz can keep it steady until a deal is done.

Exactly this ^^^

An ever so slightly upmarket version of Pep, no? Last managerial forays have been relatively modest...

Foreign = foreign?
Tisdale would be a great appointment also. Like Ainsworth he cuts his cloth. It’s unfair to say he’s not developed young talent btw. I can think of 2 off the top of my head.

GA’s ‘style’ at Wycombe does not worry me. Again, he’s cutting the cloth, doing what it takes. The notion he can only play one way is bizarre. As an aside some of the gamesmanship you talk about would not go amiss now - it might keep us up.

But both are irrelevant snyway. The clubs rep in the game is nowhere near as high as it was pre-season and even the it was dipping

Ambitious managers ask the right questions. One being: er, why do you have a part-time M.D.?

I've been told Ainsworth applied, so you may be doing our rep a disservice if that's true

What if Eales is already completely 'out of the loop'? What if a deal is imminent and part of that deal is that Eales has no further input to the running of the club, including appointing a new manager? Under this scenario, Faz stays until the new owner / investor is fully on board and makes their own decision on a manager.
I've no idea, but if we're guessing I reckon that sounds feasible.
I would say to be completely out of the loop would mean the deal had already been done and the new owner would be fully on board and in control. However if you are saying the deal is almost done and Eales is twiddling his thumbs until it is finalised then I agree.

What if Eales is already completely 'out of the loop'? What if a deal is imminent and part of that deal is that Eales has no further input to the running of the club, including appointing a new manager? Under this scenario, Faz stays until the new owner / investor is fully on board and makes their own decision on a manager.

I've no idea, but if we're guessing I reckon that sounds feasible.
It’s as good a guess as any as to why there’s such a delay. Darryl says there’s no rush but I think everyone realises that’s bullsh*t. Bradford and Barnsley have both dismissed and replaced managers since we got rid of Pep. Why should there me more necessity for them to get new managers in than us? Have we got nothing to play for?

I try and be supportive of the football club and stay optimistic but as my recent posts on here show I’m really starting to get pissed off and frustrated with this situation now, not because I’m panicking about relegation, although the slight danger is there, it’s the blatant lack of respect being shown to us as supporters. Fine, maybe there’s confidentiality agreements in place, but a potential new owner continuing to lord it and be very high profile at matches while our present owner seems to be constantly overseas at a time when he should be showing strong leadership is going to raise questions that should now be getting some answers. I think As supporters we’ve been very patient while the shenanigans have been going on this season but it’s getting to the point when enough is enough. I’m surprised RO don’t ask Tiger a few questions on a Saturday afternoon, he certainly doesn’t seem like someone who would be aloof or unreceptive.

Phew.. I feel a little bit better for getting all that off my chest.. thanks for listening...

An ever so slightly upmarket version of Pep, no? Last managerial forays have been relatively modest...

Foreign = foreign?

I've been told Ainsworth applied, so you may be doing our rep a disservice if that's true

Ainsworth can’t apply unless we’re give permission to speak to him. Seeing they turned down Barnsley, I’m not so sure this is true

I’ve never seen a thread this long on an outgoing manager. I always thought that once Pep went that would give the board ten days to appoint a new manager before the next game, Instead of which we have had several managers going in and out at other clubs and nothing seeming to go on at our club.
Tomorrow will be a very tough game and three points look hard.
As to manager availability there only seems to be the untried Bellamy and I have a feeling our fans are not warming to him.
As for Ainsworth, no thanks. Not sure Paul Buckle would come if asked.
After the weekend, Rosler might become available if Fleetwood drop into the bottom four. I think he would do a do a sterling job here. Has plenty of experience and could get the players going again

Back
Top Bottom