So who should we approach or Interview ?

If we’re happy to harm other clubs this time by taking an employed manager, and haven’t at least gauged Paul tisdale’s interest I’d be a little gutted. He might not wanna come, he might not interview well or fit with what we want, but he should be quite high up on the list of possibles

There’d be little doubt he’d be the best dressed candidate. A yellow and blue cravat would convince me he’d be the man for the job.

Unless the impeccably dressed James Beattie has thrown his hat into the ring as well ... if he has, it’ll be a trilby.

Scheduled to be on the debate tonight, he was replaced late by Dennis Wise the other night so be interesting to see if he's there tonight !!!

Darryl- do u think u can finish what pep started?
Craig - easy
56e79ce7b778e3d7ef54410997a9e1a7.jpg

I’m not keen on this nicey-nicey attitude Darryl seems to have with recruitment. It’s a business and a competition, so trying to be the good guy and not upset others just feels incredibly naive to me. Sod that - Oxford first. To me, it’s not unsporting, it’s part of the sport and business, whether you like it or not. Can’t imagine PNE were crying over their fax machine every time they submitted a bid for a Ledson, thinking “how could we? We’re monsters!”

As far as Bellamy is concerned, if he is the next manager I will give him my support, of course, but can’t help but feel a bit nervous about appointing another unknown. Let’s hope he can improve things on the pitch over the remainder of the season and build over the summer.

I may be way behind on this one but going back to our friend Lampard .... have seen people say he ruled himself out. When and how did he do that? I just thought he had said that he did talk to us when MAPP left ... and that's all he said. Nothing about not interested now.

I may be way behind on this one but going back to our friend Lampard .... have seen people say he ruled himself out. When and how did he do that? I just thought he had said that he did talk to us when MAPP left ... and that's all he said. Nothing about not interested now.
I gave up trying to make sense of it all weeks ago...

Tisdale would be a great appointment also. Like Ainsworth he cuts his cloth. It’s unfair to say he’s not developed young talent btw. I can think of 2 off the top of my head.

GA’s ‘style’ at Wycombe does not worry me. Again, he’s cutting the cloth, doing what it takes. The notion he can only play one way is bizarre. As an aside some of the gamesmanship you talk about would not go amiss now - it might keep us up.

But both are irrelevant snyway. The clubs rep in the game is nowhere near as high as it was pre-season and even the it was dipping

Ambitious managers ask the right questions. One being: er, why do you have a part-time M.D.?
Mmm- OK sounds like you are pro Ainsworth.
I reckon Tisdale would be a great signing, but Ainsworth? Maybe he will be a good manager at a higher level. I doubt it.
Gamesmanship? Fine. I don't disagree that it may be a good idea to play dirty and do a Westley/ Ainsworth. But a permanent manager?
No thanks.
He MAY do a CW and change his way of playing a little. You suggest that he can play in lots of different ways? Maybe maybe not. Tisdale has played the right way for years bringing on good young talent.
Ainsworth has played awful football, blaming his budget.
Personally I can't see how Ainsworth can be put in the same sentence as Tisdale at the moment. Maybe in the future...

Mmm- OK sounds like you are pro Ainsworth.
I reckon Tisdale would be a great signing, but Ainsworth? Maybe he will be a good manager at a higher level. I doubt it.
Gamesmanship? Fine. I don't disagree that it may be a good idea to play dirty and do a Westley/ Ainsworth. But a permanent manager?
No thanks.
He MAY do a CW and change his way of playing a little. You suggest that he can play in lots of different ways? Maybe maybe not. Tisdale has played the right way for years bringing on good young talent.
Ainsworth has played awful football, blaming his budget.
Personally I can't see how Ainsworth can be put in the same sentence as Tisdale at the moment. Maybe in the future...
Ainsworth spends too much time complaining and deflecting in interviews. Wouldn't last 5 minutes with our lot.

Back
Top Bottom