So who should we approach or Interview ?

I can't see anyone but Faz at leat until the end of the season. Simply because of the timing with the transfer window etc

If we’re reverting back to the policy of recruiting younger players, improving them and therefore the team then the current England U20s boss Paul Simpson would be worth considering, if he’s interested in league management again of course.

A bit odd to see Terry Brown not just listed in the betting, but being backed! Manager of Basingstoke Town!

3 year deal on the table promise of funds available return to what Mapp started playing decent football in walks Garry Monk

Correct, however analytics comes before everything at Brentford.

At Oxford it’s clear, the recruitment/analytics is used, however the coach obviously has a say also.
He was told at Brentford that he would have no say at all in player recruitment so he walked. He was very happy with data analytics being used to create a shortlist, but then wanted to see the players himself and do a bit of digging into their background and attitude etc. Not unreasonable....

I'm sure Jim Smith's got his phone switched on...;).
McDermott or Simpson would be interesting. McDermott has been out of management for the best part of 2 years. It would be another gamble to see if he could recapture the form he had in his first spell at Reading. After the Youth World Cup success I guess that Simpson is looking to stay within the national set-up?

He was told at Brentford that he would have no say at all in player recruitment so he walked. He was very happy with data analytics being used to create a shortlist, but then wanted to see the players himself and do a bit of digging into their background and attitude etc. Not unreasonable....

And this isn't afforded at Oxford?

Not that many people objected to the appointment of Clotet. I would say the majority view was positive.

Contrast that with the objections we raised to the appointments of Wilder and Appleton.

And this isn't afforded at Oxford?
I would be surprised if there was absolutely no input into player recruitment at Oxford. The Brentford owner has made his money from analytics and professional gambling, and has been very successful. He has a sports analytics business and obviously Brentford is a client. I understand that Warburton used to have some say in signings, but left after the owner said even that limited input would be removed from him. At the same time, the owner closed the Academy as he wanted to reply on the analytics team to pick up 17/18/19 year olds let go by Prem clubs. It sounds like a much more extreme example of our 'model'.....

More likely DE will go with the 'safe' option, and give the care taker role to Faz with CA his deputy. If so this would signal to me that DE is not planning to be here next season

I would be surprised if there was absolutely no input into player recruitment at Oxford. The Brentford owner has made his money from analytics and professional gambling, and has been very successful. He has a sports analytics business and obviously Brentford is a client. I understand that Warburton used to have some say in signings, but left after the owner said even that limited input would be removed from him. At the same time, the owner closed the Academy as he wanted to reply on the analytics team to pick up 17/18/19 year olds let go by Prem clubs. It sounds like a much more extreme example of our 'model'.....

Exactly. My point being, he is used to working with analytics etc, AND at [Oxford] have a say. Best of both!

Appleton has been proved absolutely right

I think people should get set for a wake-up call

The game can see what’s happening at this club. The money has run out and that does not go
Unnoticed

Back
Top Bottom