General Radox 5 minute Forum

Shame about Singha, thanks Ka$$am you c**nt.
Kassam had no obligation to let us do whatever we wanted in his stadium. Perhaps we shouldn’t have oversold what we could do for Singha before we had confirmed it in writing with the people whose decision it is, and maybe we shouldn’t have started stomping about saying we wanted to play somewhere else and pissing him off to the point that we couldn’t even get into the stadium on match days. We took the guy to court over money we owed him, started kicking him in the balls in public over it, and then people want to moan that he didn’t let us sell someone’s beer in the ground when we never even sorted it out with him in the first place? If there was a deal signed with the stadium company over Singha being sold and they then broke it, that would be different. As it is we assumed it would all be fine and easy, couldn’t fulfil our end of the bargain and came unstuck. Nothing to do with our beloved ‘custodian’. There are plenty of things to hate the bloke for, but this ain’t one of them. Under promise and over deliver, not the other way around. Business 101.

Good to hear we have another sponsor lined up, anyway, and that there are plans to get players in soon. We rarely get players in when we’re told the deals are done and that they’ll be announced any day now, but hopefully on this occasion we’re not far off.

Kassam had no obligation to let us do whatever we wanted in his stadium. Perhaps we shouldn’t have oversold what we could do for Singha before we had confirmed it in writing with the people whose decision it is, and maybe we shouldn’t have started stomping about saying we wanted to play somewhere else and pissing him off to the point that we couldn’t even get into the stadium on match days. We took the guy to court over money we owed him, started kicking him in the balls in public over it, and then people want to moan that he didn’t let us sell someone’s beer in the ground when we never even sorted it out with him in the first place? If there was a deal signed with the stadium company over Singha being sold and they then broke it, that would be different. As it is we assumed it would all be fine and easy, couldn’t fulfil our end of the bargain and came unstuck. Nothing to do with our beloved ‘custodian’. There are plenty of things to hate the bloke for, but this ain’t one of them. Under promise and over deliver, not the other way around. Business 101.

Good to hear we have another sponsor lined up, anyway, and that there are plans to get players in soon. We rarely get players in when we’re told the deals are done and that they’ll be announced any day now, but hopefully on this occasion we’re not far off.
Please god, not another ‘Animalbloodylates’

Grigg was definitely on the cards in January, but he'd almost certainly be a huge club record fee unless Sunderland are more desperate than we think. We might get him on loan to get him off their books, and that would be on big wages, but Tiger implied that these were more likely to be permanent deals.

Stephen O'Donnell and Jazz Richards are on the radar, but not sure either would warrant record wages, and Joel Cooper would be on even less.

So if we are looking at a deal that has happened so quickly, with top wages, I think that it will be Matty Taylor. He's on a free, and we know what we're getting so we can throw a few extra quid his way.
But he’s out of favour and Sunderland might cut their losses especially if there is a wage cap

But he’s out of favour and Sunderland might cut their losses especially if there is a wage cap
He is, but I would guess that they'd still want best part of £1m, which is huge money for the current climate - especially if he's on top wages.

I do think Grigg would do a job here, but I would be equally happy with Taylor without the transfer fee.

He is, but I would guess that they'd still want best part of £1m, which is huge money for the current climate - especially if he's on top wages.

I do think Grigg would do a job here, but I would be equally happy with Taylor without the transfer fee.
I agree with what your saying over them wanting nr a million but with the current climate and talk of transfer fees being less as a result, and being talked about Ivan Toney values up to 12 million by the posh but now only about 6 million, that’s what I would call a loss where as750k is not much for a club the size of Sunderland who knows. But as has been alluded to it could be Matty Taylor.

Its a fair point, but many people would take the moral high ground on the basis that a successful tenant is good for business.. its supposed to be a mutually beneficial relationship. If the deal is lucrative, approve in return for a fair cut

Not tit for tat recriminations that don't help anyone.

We're looking for big name signings and they don't get much bigger than

Hakeeb Adeola Abiola Ayinde O. O. J. Adelakun

You need broad shoulders with a name like that!!!
That full name in a song please!

Back
Top Bottom