Questions for Oxvox

Yes let’s tell everyone about all our plans and instantly inflate transfer values against anyone we want and tell all nimbys where we want to build.

Think that somewhat misses the point about the club clearly being elusive and very unconvincing in everything that it has delivered since Tigers arrival. From his late and clumsy presentations early on to the indifference to Oxvox questions subsequently.

If Oxvox are unable to influence or get answers to questions then they should come out and directly say that to the media.

If they know what is going on because they have got answers behind the scenes and are comfortable they should say that.

They are not and should not be just a portal for asking questions. We all have twitter and Jerome for that.

Good letter by Oxvox and needed. Would have liked them (and other media outlets) to have pushed Tiger months ago on what his actual plans for the club were. May be wrong and happy to be corrected but I don’t think we’ve ever seen a proper plan or reasoning or even where the money / investment is coming from Tiger side.

Just a few quick ones as I’m hoping you’re clearer than me on these issues following your conversations. I couldn’t work it out from reading the oxvox site.

1. What is the strategy of the new regime?

2. What is the ownership make up of the new regime?

3. Have they provided you satisfactory explanation for the two winding up orders received from HMRC this calendar year?
I’m going to bump this.

Following the excellent and strong statement by Oxvox this week, I hope they will see this as a wider issue that demands more scrutiny and an opportunity to see the raging bull by the horns.

There is no point us simply receiving a high level piece of PR around why HMRC weren’t paid on time. I think we can all predict the sound bites now. It certainly won’t be defined as a cash flow issue and most likely will be accounted for as a timing issue or unexpected anomaly that took time to investigate and resolve.

We should use the two incidents this year with HMRC, and the strength of fan feeling, to really head strongly towards getting some answers and understanding some root causes. The original questions above I think would be pertinent, and if answered ‘believably’, help Tiger restore some trust and credibility with the fan base. So it’s in his interest.

I do wonder whether it’s worth OxVox keeping the momentum up and issuing another public request for confirmation from the Board/Tiger that this debt has now been settled.

Not that I had any faith in our bow tie wearing joker from the start but the tide is turning in the fan base and it’s a good opportunity for OxVox to show all supporters of OUFC the valuable role they play in holding our owners to account.

The initial communication and distribution was very good but the pressure needs to be maintained before some sections of the fan base forget about this with the Boxing Day, U18s, Womens FA Cup smokesc... I mean news.

I do wonder whether it’s worth OxVox keeping the momentum up and issuing another public request for confirmation from the Board/Tiger that this debt has now been settled.

Not that I had any faith in our bow tie wearing joker from the start but the tide is turning in the fan base and it’s a good opportunity for OxVox to show all supporters of OUFC the valuable role they play in holding our owners to account.

The initial communication and distribution was very good but the pressure needs to be maintained before some sections of the fan base forget about this with the Boxing Day, U18s, Womens FA Cup smokesc... I mean news.

I think this may be the only way to keep the OM on the case. Pressure needs to come from somewhere but I'm not sure the OM, or BBC, are the ones to do it as, as others have already said, they're too interested in keeping their news feeds filled by OUFC official statements so don't want to upset the apple cart.

This reminds me of the Alan Partridge episode where he keeps shouting "Dan" to zero effect.

Tiger and cohorts utterly ignored the first letter. And the follow up. And the requests from RadOx. And the emails sent by fans personally.

They have unfortunately demonstrated utter contempt for the fans, and its now all about maximising that cashflow on boxing day.

The more they ignore Oxvox or the rest of us the more we know where we stand. Then we know the level of response required.

Hell of an episode by the way

Now they've got the taste for questions I recommend OxVox apply the medicine as directed until the course is complete or the patient is demonstrably recovered.

I think in this case the patient needs to accept that the course of medicine will need to be a lifelong continuous one - and accept the FOUL taste - even if it appears that the symptoms have cleared up.

This reminds me of the Alan Partridge episode where he keeps shouting "Dan" to zero effect.

Tiger and cohorts utterly ignored the first letter. And the follow up. And the requests from RadOx. And the emails sent by fans personally.

They have unfortunately demonstrated utter contempt for the fans, and its now all about maximising that cashflow on boxing day.

Great episode!

I agree with what you’re saying but I do feel there are a group of fans who, until OxVox are being publicly ignored etc. will accept the current status quo and mushroom treatment.

If it makes more fans publicly aware of the complete P**s take of a management team we find ourselves with then great.

I just think it’s a shame that it’s taken an incident like this for us all to challenge the owners intentions when the warning signs have been there, but I guess it’s galvanised the fans more, well hopefully.

In 10 days time Tiger's programme notes will make very interesting reading! How much do you bet he doesn't even mention HMRC?
I really do think that "his" page is ghost written.

A response from the club is deafening, but we still have heard nothing further from Oxvox as to whether they have had a response or not?

Indeed it may.But maybe we should be aware that they have stop heard nothing. If that is what has happened ...

I know one of the OM oufc journos and all I can say is they know and care more than they are allowed to publish. This has been the case for a long time, pre-Tiger

But it seems to confirm that the problem was/is indeed cash flow.

Good to see that all those billionaires on the board are earning their corn..

Back
Top Bottom