Questions for Oxvox

Anyway enough talk about unpaid tax bills. My family and I are off to the Banbury Christmas lights switch on now including market and fair rides so no doubt I will be relieved of some of my already taxed money. ??

Anyway enough talk about unpaid tax bills. My family and I are off to the Banbury Christmas lights switch on now including market and fair rides so no doubt I will be relieved of some of my already taxed money. ??
have a good un ,wrap up warm....enjoy , hope its not too much of an , err, taxing experience ;):cool:

But it still comes back to the point that oxvox knows no more than anyone else until the day before facts come out in the poxford Mail. If they do,it’s like a Masons pledge that they don’t say.

Oxvox committee to answer your question.

I understand why membership is helpful for funding but in reality numbers above a few hundred are irrelevant and have been a big distraction. If the primary fans organization asks questions in public and through the media, then they will have just as much visibility and weight regardless. And here we are talking about representation rather than the issue.

In terms of the response from the club, it is quite frankly utterly unacceptable the inadequate response. At the point at which you get to this far in with these questions unanswered it’s beyond lazy or disrespectful. It’s clear that it’s deliberate and being used as a smokescreen to buy time without challenge and scrutiny.

If the club (Tiger) wish to make such a position their policy then I’d be clear that without clear answers by x date then a press release would be issued by Oxvox stating no confidence in the strategy as it doesn’t exist. There’s no point in towing the line and building rapport or relationships if they deliver nought in return.

If anything you’re then being used and inadvertently being counter productive. A lack of robust and firm challenge from the primary fans organization could be seen as tacit approval of Tigers strategy. I know and like the Oxvox committee but I don’t think currently they’re challenging this silence robustly enough. And I know there are some tough characters amongst them so I’m confused if nothing else.

On membership numbers, I think the bigger the size of the membership the more weight it holds and the more representative of the whole fanbase it is.

Dunno if it was covered anywhere but did he question about pitching for members at the blackbird get a mention at the q&a ? Surely it’s the best place pre match to canvas and pitch to a very large number of oxford fans and most certainly better than the quad.

For the record the first winding up petition on the club this year wasn’t actually delivered. So doesn’t count.
When you say it "wasn't actually delivered", what do you mean?

The fact remains that HMRC were driven to the point where they felt they had to take legal action to get the club to pay the tax which was due. If they then mucked up the process, that doesn't change the underlying, worrying, position that tax hadn't been paid.

Yes - underlying & worrying indeed. It's cash flow that is the problem - even very simple maths show that there's more going out in salaries, miscellaneous costs & rent than is actually coming in! Having said this we are no worse off than the majority of other League 1 & 2 Clubs but I am afraid, at the moment, the ability of OUFC to attract & buy new players in January looks a non-starter.

The daily cash flow is very much the problem at Oufc. Wouldn’t surprise me if other people / company’s hadn’t been paid locally as well...

Is that the case even with these amazing billionaires on board? I thought it was just a case of cherry picking our targets?

Similar to summer. Top, top WOW signings. Only this time actually sign them.

But if no cashflow........

Dunno if it was covered anywhere but did he question about pitching for members at the blackbird get a mention at the q&a ? Surely it’s the best place pre match to canvas and pitch to a very large number of oxford fans and most certainly better than the quad.
It certainly was raised and both acknowledged & minuted too :)

Last edited:
When you say it "wasn't actually delivered", what do you mean?

The fact remains that HMRC were driven to the point where they felt they had to take legal action to get the club to pay the tax which was due. If they then mucked up the process, that doesn't change the underlying, worrying, position that tax hadn't been paid.
Actually I think the situation was that it hadn't been "acknowledged" so shouldn't have been public, and was then paid a day or so later. The first one can perhaps be explained as an issue over who pays during the takeover process, but the second one there seems little excuse.

HMRC`s default position is to issue proceedings, some admin clerk just pressed the button on a system with no thought required. Football clubs seem very fond of dodging HMRC bills and I would like to see points deductions for it. Might focus the mind a bit.................. and Southend would be non-league by now. :)(y)

The Club cannot publically disclose anything that weakens their position in all things involving Firoka. It would be tantamount to financial and club suicide to show any cards that can be used in the negotiations going forward. Its BLATENTLY obvious that the club wants away from Kassam, but getting their without shafting the current 'just about working' relationship is a huge struggle, so telling the fans what the strategy is in a public forum would be crazy, not to mention tipping of the private sector, who might start adding noughts to any negotiations going on! Anyone thinking that the Directors are being deliberately obtuse, seem to have no clue about business or the nightmare situation the club is in, not owning or controlling the ground. Same goes for HMRC stuff and in fact anything contentious. This does bring into question the point of these open meetings, but at least the board can hear suggestions and gauge the feelings of the fans, but to expect answers that can be used against the club by helping the 'enemy', is madness. Could always ask the Manager to explain the set free kick and corner training moves before that vital cup game, great insight for the fans, but the opposition will know what we are doing!!

Umm, except that the club has already disclosed very publicly that they want to move from the stadium, have identified five sites and are hiring experts to look into it. (Apparently)
And re the HMRC thing - the club should know that interested parties keep an eye on what is going on. Doing various company searches to get an idea of the financial health of a potential customer/employer is standard practice, so it was always going to come out in the public. Far better to have a statement prepared than to mutter that it will 'be sorted out next week' (has it been?) when challenged.

Last edited:
Mm, the notion that the manager could explain "the set free kick and corner training moves" seems naive and fanciful too.

Does anyone actually believe the board has a clue what their goal is and what the plan is to get there?

Point taken about the free kick comment, although I was thinking more of 'a' generic manager to try and make my feeble point. In terms of the board having a clue...I think their hearts are generally in the right place and they do have a goal, but whether that's achievable, who knows. Good plan or bad plan, sharing with the enemy never good.

Sorry I was enjoying myself with the manager comment but your point would indeed make sense with a real manager.

Genuinely I doubt if Tiger has a plan worked out; Lenagan didn't, Eales didn't (or did until it proved too expensive, he lost interest and fired Ashton). I take the opposite view that sharing your plan with your supporters is a good thing - there's not a lot enemies can do about them unless they involve property, councils and that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom