Questions for Oxvox

Sorry I was enjoying myself with the manager comment but your point would indeed make sense with a real manager.

Genuinely I doubt if Tiger has a plan worked out; Lenagan didn't, Eales didn't (or did until it proved too expensive, he lost interest and fired Ashton). I take the opposite view that sharing your plan with your supporters is a good thing - there's not a lot enemies can do about them unless they involve property, councils and that sort of thing.

If there was a plan, it would have been shouted from the rooftops.

A billionaire has joined the board and not even 1 word publically about his financial input, his intentions.

Its seriously odd.

Sorry I was enjoying myself with the manager comment but your point would indeed make sense with a real manager.

Genuinely I doubt if Tiger has a plan worked out; Lenagan didn't, Eales didn't (or did until it proved too expensive, he lost interest and fired Ashton). I take the opposite view that sharing your plan with your supporters is a good thing - there's not a lot enemies can do about them unless they involve property, councils and that sort of thing.

But FK does have his tentacles in lots of places, other property tycoons and possibly councillors, although one could argue that he wants OUFC away as well so he can develop. I still say keep your cards close. Now your point about whether those cards have any substance or credibility, particularly based on past form, I can see why the cynicism, but not sure we have much choice, lets all hope they have got a full house not bluffing with a pair of two's!

Well I think we’re getting close to the time when we’ll see which way it’s all going to fall. We’re nearly into Christmas, by the end of January - with the transfer window - I think we’ll have most of the questions about the boards level of ambition answered one way or another.. I’m not expecting huge money signings but hopefully the squad will be shaped to show, at least, that it will be competitive. The management side too if necessary..

If there was a plan, it would have been shouted from the rooftops.

A billionaire has joined the board and not even 1 word publically about his financial input, his intentions.

Its seriously odd.
Yes let’s tell everyone about all our plans and instantly inflate transfer values against anyone we want and tell all nimbys where we want to build.

The Club cannot publically disclose anything that weakens their position in all things involving Firoka. It would be tantamount to financial and club suicide to show any cards that can be used in the negotiations going forward. Its BLATENTLY obvious that the club wants away from Kassam, but getting their without shafting the current 'just about working' relationship is a huge struggle, so telling the fans what the strategy is in a public forum would be crazy, not to mention tipping of the private sector, who might start adding noughts to any negotiations going on! Anyone thinking that the Directors are being deliberately obtuse, seem to have no clue about business or the nightmare situation the club is in, not owning or controlling the ground. Same goes for HMRC stuff and in fact anything contentious. This does bring into question the point of these open meetings, but at least the board can hear suggestions and gauge the feelings of the fans, but to expect answers that can be used against the club by helping the 'enemy', is madness. Could always ask the Manager to explain the set free kick and corner training moves before that vital cup game, great insight for the fans, but the opposition will know what we are doing!!
Welcome to the forum, I can see you are going to be entertainment with your "style" of writing.
Not a lot of substance there and enemy is a very strong word, I would wait and see who turns out to be the enemy of OUFC as the supporters know it.

Yes let’s tell everyone about all our plans and instantly inflate transfer values against anyone we want and tell all nimbys where we want to build.
You are presuming that you think something good is actually going to happen, the way the club and the fans are drifting along in apathy any positive snippet of information would be well received.

Dunno if it was covered anywhere but did he question about pitching for members at the blackbird get a mention at the q&a ? Surely it’s the best place pre match to canvas and pitch to a very large number of oxford fans and most certainly better than the quad.
Yes and it was quashed. Something about logistics even there is car park at the back!

Yes and it was quashed. Something about logistics even there is car park at the back!

Quashed Like the suggestion adverts were removed from the forum you mean [emoji6]

Actually it wasn’t quashed at all, and we have discussed holding the stall in different locations and that it was a good idea by @Sarge. Might be something for preseason though, unless u fancy manning it in a car park in this weather.

Quashed Like the suggestion adverts were removed from the forum you mean [emoji6]

Actually it wasn’t quashed at all, and we have discussed holding the stall in different locations and that it was a good idea by @Sarge. Might be something for preseason though, unless u fancy manning it in a car park in this weather.
Improvements have been made to the adverts, see the post about a new skin.

The Blackbird idea was quashed, i didn't say holding stalls in different locations were though.

Why do you need to use the carpark? Have you ever been to the BlackBird? The pub has a back room AND the dominos room, i am sure Glen would be happy for you to use. Worth a shot surely?

All you need is a tablet so you can sign and take payment using the OxVox website, The Blackbird even has free WiFi :)

What other location outside of the stadium area will you find 100+ OUFC fans on match day?

Improvements have been made to the adverts, see the post about a new skin.

The Blackbird was quashed, i didnt say holding stalls in different locations was quashed.

Why do you need to use the carpark? Have you ever been to the BlackBird? The pub has a back room AND the dominos room, i am sure Glen would be happy for you to use. Worth a shot surely?

It wasn’t quashed, what was said was holding it in a pub with the noise level pre match wouldn’t be effective as you wouldn’t be able to hear. We are fully behind the idea of going out and speaking to fans, it’s why as a committee we had the banners made and have held two this season already, every idea is “worth a shot” Some are less practical than others, even committee members have pre match routines we like to enjoy as well.

It wasn’t quashed, what was said was holding it in a pub with the noise level pre match wouldn’t be effective as you wouldn’t be able to hear. We are fully behind the idea of going out and speaking to fans, it’s why as a committee we had the banners made and have held two this season already, every idea is “worth a shot” Some are less practical than others, even committee members have pre match routines we like to enjoy as well.

The back room is generally quieter than the front.

I think you would get 10+ sign ups. But there we go. I just thought when @Sarge mentioned the Blackbird, it was negatively refused. That is just my take though.

p.s I edited my post after you quoted my initial one :)

The back room is generally quieter than the front.

I think you would get 10+ sign ups. But there we go. I just thought when @Sarge mentioned the Blackbird, it was negatively refused. That is just my take though.

p.s I edited my post after you quoted my initial one :)

Nope 100% not quashed. It’s one of @Sarge better suggestions. [emoji16]. But even when there’s not a physical stall there are committee members based in most areas pre match, and a lot of people know who we are, so if u have a question or a mate that might be interested, point them in our direction, always happy to talk.

However if the landlord can stretch to free drinks and use of a room, we will be there next home game [emoji6]

Why are @Dave T `s smilies "super sized" ??

Apart from that......... plenty of space at the Bird and the backroom bay window would be a perfect location.

Buy your own drinks! :)

Nope 100% not quashed. It’s one of @Sarge better suggestions. [emoji16]. But even when there’s not a physical stall there are committee members based in most areas pre match, and a lot of people know who we are, so if u have a question or a mate that might be interested, point them in our direction, always happy to talk.

However if the landlord can stretch to free drinks and use of a room, we will be there next home game [emoji6]

Glen the landlord rarely stretches to a smile never mind free drinks ? Not tempted by
The cuisine? The birds pre match buffet is legendary, especially chefs various quince dishes .. back room /lounge has a small annex & as someone else mentioned (above) theres the bay window area too ....those adhering to the changing monthly dress code to keep standards up do get preferential treatment (and a half smile from Glenn, if you're itk handshake wise).. .. if free drinks are the clincher I'll buy ya a beer at the bird if you're manning an ox vox stall in there @Dave T ;):cool:

Welcome to the forum, I can see you are going to be entertainment with your "style" of writing.
Not a lot of substance there and enemy is a very strong word, I would wait and see who turns out to be the enemy of OUFC as the supporters know it.
Entertaining or informing are probably my goals indeed and thanks for the comment and the welcome. I was perhaps using the term 'enemy' a bit flippantly, maybe adversary’s would have been more appropriate and that will include internal and external forces I am sure.

Back
Top Bottom