Questions for Oxvox

But it seems to confirm that the problem was/is indeed cash flow.

Good to see that all those billionaires on the board are earning their corn..

It amazes me that this could surprise anyone. It was very apparent with all the summer wow signings not transpiring that Tiger was brassic in football terms.

Its also concerning regarding the millionaires and billionaires involved in that, if theyre not investing to help the cash flow and progress, what the hell are they here for/doing?

It amazes me that this could surprise anyone. It was very apparent with all the summer wow signings not transpiring that Tiger was brassic in football terms.

Its also concerning regarding the millionaires and billionaires involved in that, if theyre not investing to help the cash flow and progress, what the hell are they here for/doing?
As @Junior_1 stated elsewhere, it seems that the budget was increased but significant investment in the youth and under 23 set up took away from first team spending. Does mean that we're skint, and actually shows some longer term thinking which will benefit the club in the future.

It seems a shame, Scotchers, that the management of the club can't be bothered to tell us their plans and leave you to scramble around making wild surmises and suppositions to try to put a happy face on the mysterious cabal at the club's helm.

It would be fitting for Tiger to to mention your staunch support in dispatches. If only he did dispatches.

As @Junior_1 stated elsewhere, it seems that the budget was increased but significant investment in the youth and under 23 set up took away from first team spending. Does mean that we're skint, and actually shows some longer term thinking which will benefit the club in the future.
Blimey, you could put a happy face on it if we went bust! Yes, spending on the younger and development teams is a good thing, but surely not if that is at the expense of not having enough money to pass on the PAYE deducted from the players' wages to the tax man? That really is literally, unbelievable. If there is any truth in it at all, then the finance director and his staff should be sacked immediately.
If there's one thing we have learned from this sorry affair it is that we have to look at what this owner and his odd board actually DO rather than what they SAY - we are still waiting for the grand stadium location list, for example - until they earn a bit of trust from us, we have to be sceptical of any and all pronouncements from them.

Blimey, you could put a happy face on it if we went bust! Yes, spending on the younger and development teams is a good thing, but surely not if that is at the expense of not having enough money to pass on the PAYE deducted from the players' wages to the tax man? That really is literally, unbelievable. If there is any truth in it at all, then the finance director and his staff should be sacked immediately.
If there's one thing we have learned from this sorry affair it is that we have to look at what this owner and his odd board actually DO rather than what they SAY - we are still waiting for the grand stadium location list, for example - until they earn a bit of trust from us, we have to be sceptical of any and all pronouncements from them.

Yes I agree and not continue to hide behind the lots of things going on behind the scenes but we can’t tell you anything yet angle - this is understandable and believable once or twice but now well into his ownership we still don’t really know anything!!

It seems a shame, Scotchers, that the management of the club can't be bothered to tell us their plans and leave you to scramble around making wild surmises and suppositions to try to put a happy face on the mysterious cabal at the club's helm.

It would be fitting for Tiger to to mention your staunch support in dispatches. If only he did dispatches.

Maybe I'll get my own personal dispatch from Tiger!

I haven't excused the tax issue, but if money was really such an issue, why invest in youth when any financial returns could take years to get back?

That is why I'm less concerned about whether we have the money or not, but rather the way it is being used. We're in a mess of course, but incompetency is fixable, being skint less so!

Looking at what cashflows are like...
1 - the club normally makes a loss of anywhere between £1million and £2million per year which needs to be funded. In 2017 we had exceptional FA cup runs, a Wembley final, and player transfer fees on Roofe and O'Dowda to make a net profit.
Last year we sold Johnson and Lundstram, but these were before the February takeover so the balance of any fees due would have been factored in to the sale price of the club.
2 - any money 'banked' from season ticket sales in the Summer has been spent.
3 - there were instalments of loans due to Ensco in April 2018 and September 2018, and another one next year. These may or may not be fully covered by instalments of transfer fees coming in, and potentially future player sales as well if not covered already.
4 - the stadium service charge dispute is something like £600K of arrears, and that is quite a chunk of money to find, and it would also presumably mean that current service charges would go up too.

I think the HMRC problems have confirmed that Tiger isn't wealthy enough to bear these losses out of ready cash. So are the new Directors on board for advice, or has Tiger somehow convinced them to join as investors as well?

I can't imagine anyone loaning the club money as an investment as there simply aren't any assets to guarantee repayment, or if you did it would be very high interest and high risk with no expectation of the club breaking even in its current state and league.

I haven't excused the tax issue, but if money was really such an issue, why invest in youth when any financial returns could take years to get back?

That is why I'm less concerned about whether we have the money or not, but rather the way it is being used. We're in a mess of course, but incompetency is fixable, being skint less so!

Incompetence is the one human trait that can't be solved, I'm afraid. Especially when the person in question is utterly convinced they aren't.

I think the HMRC problems have confirmed that Tiger isn't wealthy enough to bear these losses out of ready cash. So are the new Directors on board for advice, or has Tiger somehow convinced them to join as investors as well?

Why would you invest if Tiger still retains control?

He's put very little money into the club personally* so why take a larger financial risk than Tiger for less potential reward ?

*Evidence: the club was bought on tick from Eales, money from season ticket sales kept us ticking over the summer, we know creditors have not been paid.

He's put very little money into the club personally* so why take a larger financial risk than Tiger for less potential reward ?

*Evidence: the club was bought on tick from Eales, money from season ticket sales kept us ticking over the summer, we know creditors have not been paid.
Not quite. look at the confirmation statement of shareholders. £2.3million of shares issued for cash in Feb 2018 to Oxford Investment Holdings PTE Ltd. We don't know what has been loaned to the club since then.

The rest of the purchase price due to Eales was allowed to be deferred and is I think partly or mostly covered by the transfer instalments that both sides knew are or were coming in.

As for why invest if Tiger retains control, you could ask the same about Sartori and Donald at Sunderland.

Essentially, we are awaiting for the bigger picture to unfold (again). But, the issue with the HMRC would have been known for some time, so for it drift on for so long is quite negligent. I respect cash flow issues, but equally, there has to have been some sort of planning in place for the arbitration to stop. Best case, worst case and as is.

As Mark states somebody has spent a lot of cash (£2.3m shares and the increasung cost of runnng the club-in excess of £100k per month, plus transfer fees allegedly for Dickie and Brannagan)
Don't forget that Eales was able to receive cash instalments from the transfer fees received.

Is there an OxVox view on this?

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/1...as-grenoble-road-picked-for-huge-development/

Not being local and finding the OM site generally too slow and ad packed I don't know what opinion is

Agree that the OM site is awful, so slow and full adverts, I usually give it a miss.

However this looks an interesting potential development.

If the club is going to stay at Grenoble Road then hundreds of potential new supporters on the doorstep has to be a positive for the club.

Does it make it less or more likely that the club would be ‘encouraged’ to find a new home because the Stadium site would fit into nicely to a housing plan? I really don’t know.

Agree that the OM site is awful, so slow and full adverts, I usually give it a miss.

However this looks an interesting potential development.

If the club is going to stay at Grenoble Road then hundreds of potential new supporters on the doorstep has to be a positive for the club.

Does it make it less or more likely that the club would be ‘encouraged’ to find a new home because the Stadium site would fit into nicely to a housing plan? I really don’t know.
It would be interesting to know how it will affect the price of the land that FK owns. I would guess that it’s value for housing would decrease quite substantially now that pressure has been eased, due to space suddenly becoming available in the area to accommodate 1700 new homes.

Might there be value for the area as a leisure & shopping precinct?

Leave room for housing as well....

Might there be value for the area as a leisure & shopping precinct?

Leave room for housing as well....
those planned 1700 new homes will probably need something like a pub.... I wonder if THAT may get the tax exiled, slum landlord, and lease holder of the Priory to actually carry out the repairs he is contracted to do. Especially as he may make a few quid with the planned new residents spending there potentially? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

those planned 1700 new homes will probably need something like a pub.... I wonder if THAT may get the tax exiled, slum landlord, and lease holder of the Priory to actually carry out the repairs he is contracted to do. Especially as he may make a few quid with the planned new residents spending there potentially? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Oh Sarge. We get it, we really do. And no, it won’t.

Back
Top Bottom