Tickets Pompey Crowd

I've said many times I believe the club takes its fans for granted they think fans will just turn up out of blind loyalty unfortunately that doesn't really work if the club had as much dedication as people like @Colin B and @Thecurraghofkildare have for dot counting or as much passion for getting people through the gates as @Scotchegg then we'd be doing a fine job unfortunately they don't at present

Having to read the moaning about the club in this thread is as draining as the lack of marketing from the club itself; I do hope someone, anyone from this thread is explaining the representative thoughts of this thread to the club?
This thread is about ticket sales for tomorrows game, can we just stick to that.

No one will be surprised to know that I equally hate criticising the club, but it's been 15/16 months since we started pushing the 10k+ games on here, and yet the club has done absolutely nothing to build on these foundations to improve attendance.

It was all a bit tokenistic and often too late to make much difference, but at least we had a signed shirt etc drawn from each game over 10k last season, and it's not like we haven't got plenty left in the club shop to do the same.

And you would have thought that we'd be busting a gut to get various Kidlington community groups to games to help promote the new stadium. We should have had tickets going out to every school and football club in Kidlington, plus the rugby clubs, scout groups etc. This doesn't even need to be free tickets, but deal where you get 15 kids and 5 adults for a collective discounted price.

I also get discount through the Blue Light card for emergency workers. Clubs like Bolton are always doing discounted deals on there, but we do absolutely nothing. The JR and other Oxford hospitals? Nothing. The universities? BMW? Science Park? Literally sod all.

And this lazy marketing doesn't only cost us this season, but it also plays in to the hands of Middleton and others who argue against the need for an 18,000 capacity stadium based on current usage. We know the potential, and how this has played out elsewhere, but the club doesn't half make it easy for these nuggets to paint us as small fry when we act in the same way.
and we have added an expensive individual with this type of stuff as the sole focus ! He might need time but no excuse for the basics not being sorted by the end of week 1

Having to read the moaning about the club in this thread is as draining as the lack of marketing from the club itself; I do hope someone, anyone from this thread is explaining the representative thoughts of this thread to the club?
This thread is about ticket sales for tomorrows game, can we just stick to that.

Pretty sure the comments are all related to ticket sales 👮🏻‍♂️

I’m finding myself agreeing with @Scotchegg pretty regularly recently. Like many of us, he sees we have way more potential than current management and previous Coach have served

Completely agree with the sentiment expressed on this thread. Incredibly poor from the club..

I’ve appreciated the efforts of the dot counters and others to help focus our attention on this game.

I’m bringing along a mate tomorrow night. He’s a premier league team fan who now has more than a passing interest in Oxford. It’s his 3rd game of the year, that’s £60+ in the Oxford coffers from a new ‘fan’ but as they say ‘every little helps’.

Let’s have one final push ourselves. Text those mates who don’t come that often, persuade the better half to let the kids stay up late or if needs be just sneak them out of the house!

A packed away end, under the lights, a crucial game, it could be a classic. It could be a game that gets some newer fans hooked!!

Pretty sure the comments are all related to ticket sales 👮🏻‍♂️

I’m finding myself agreeing with @Scotchegg pretty regularly recently. Like many of us, he sees we have way more potential than current management and previous Coach have served
Five posts out of 44 actually relate to ticket sales. That’s all I want to read about in a thread about ‘Pompey Crowd’.
A few others comment on whether they will or won’t be going and why/why not but the majority of others bemoan the lack of marketing by the club. Over and over. Now you’ve got me wasting my time in a row about people moaning...ffs.
Stick to the f*****g subject of the thread!

Anything less than 8,500 would be dreadful and that's a reflection on the marketing rather than the fans. I know it's been a bad season and it's an expensive month for supporters but considering how important this game is, we need all the fans we can get. The club simply haven't pushed it and some fans probably don't even know we're playing tomorrow. A year ago we got 9,600 against MK Dons in what was a huge fixture so we are perfectly capable of getting bodies through the gates but once again, it's another missed opportunity.

There's so many strategies that could've been done - Bolton+Pompey+Cheltenahm 3 for £60 on adult tickets or buy two and get your third match half price. This is very basic marketing and the club can't even seem to use free social media to push big games...

Anything less than 8,500 would be dreadful and that's a reflection on the marketing rather than the fans. I know it's been a bad season and it's an expensive month for supporters but considering how important this game is, we need all the fans we can get. The club simply haven't pushed it and some fans probably don't even know we're playing tomorrow. A year ago we got 9,600 against MK Dons in what was a huge fixture so we are perfectly capable of getting bodies through the gates but once again, it's another missed opportunity.

There's so many strategies that could've been done - Bolton+Pompey+Cheltenahm 3 for £60 on adult tickets or buy two and get your third match half price. This is very basic marketing and the club can't even seem to use free social media to push big games...
It's not easy to market a team that cannot win a game or score any goals.

FREE SOCIAL MEDIA did anyone see the article in Saturdays programme where from what's now free, twitter could cost the club USD1000 per month going forward, could be the end of the oufc official account, wouldn't blame them if they knocked it on the head

It's not easy to market a team that cannot win a game or score any goals.

Ain't you a cheerful soul!

Marketing doesn't have to be about what has happened before, but what a difference our collective attendance xan be in affecting the future.

The mythical 12th man, the crowd willing the ball into the net, the fact that we are all in this fight together. When the chips are down, we need everyone to come together but that needs the club to get things moving too.

Press ignore then.
I‘m actually quite interested in what the crowd might be tomorrow night, they’re the updates I’m waiting for, not the incessant criticism of the club or we may as well rename the thread ‘Let’s all have a pop at the club, it’s marketing dept and the way the clubs being run’.
Simple really.

I‘m actually quite interested in what the crowd might be tomorrow night, they’re the updates I’m waiting for, not the incessant criticism of the club or we may as well rename the thread ‘Let’s all have a pop at the club, it’s marketing dept and the way the clubs being run’.
Simple really.

Those that do the dot counting for you and the rest of us, have also partaking in the wider discussion about how the club is marketing itself.

Given the time they spend counting dots, I’d suggest they’re well within their rights to also have an opinion on the marketing (or lack of) at our games. Simple really.

Those that do the dot counting for you and the rest of us, have also partaking in the wider discussion about how the club is marketing itself.

Given the time they spend counting dots, I’d suggest they’re well within their rights to also have an opinion on the marketing (or lack of) at our games. Simple really.
Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, it’s how and where it presents itself. As we’re all wading in on this thread, what did you think of the lack of noise from our fans on Saturday?

Simple really.
Are you happy with the marketing dept?? Are you happy with how the club is being run??

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, it’s how and where it presents itself. As we’re all wading in on this thread, what did you think of the lack of noise from our fans on Saturday?

I thought the crowd were superb from
The minute Telford didn’t get his marching orders

Back
Top Bottom