Tickets Pompey Crowd

Thecurraghofkildare

Chief Dot Counter
Just did a dot count on Friday evening for the Pompey match on Tuesday and sales are very light so far, perhaps not surprisingly with all the focus on the match vs Bolton on Saturday.

There are currently 3,611 home seats remaining, meaning home seat sales of just 5,943 to date.

Hopefully lots will be buying their tickets at the ground on Saturday and it will be interesting to see how much this figure has improved by this time tomorrow night with hopefully an inspiring victory giving lots of impetus to sales!

But at the moment this looks much more like a 9.000 than a 10,000 crowd.

Just to add that Pompey sold out their allocation of 1,450 on April 4th so adding that on plus an estimated 250 for the executive boxes would bring us to an overall estimated total of 7,643.

I would hope that with sales at the ground today and from those inspired by a first victory under Liam (feeling optimistic about today's match for no logical reason!), we would be over 8,000 by this evening.

Tuesday night games are always harder with people having to move work schedules or games finishing too late for kids at school the next day. However, I'm sure that we'll exceed 9000 - and a win today could push it even higher.

But we know that the communication and marketing of this game isn't going to be great from the club, so let's do it ourselves. Talk to those around you at the game today to see if they're coming, and encourage anyone that isn't. Get your mates from work, college, friends, family, neighbours etc to come too. If you're driving then offer a lift to others (and make a few quid in petrol money!).

There has been far too much division this season for far too many reasons, but we have 6 games, 4 of them at home, to save our season. We saw the impact of 10k+ crowds last season with the late winners against Pompey and Sheffield Wednesday, plus the complete turn around against Cambridge, and we need that support more than ever right now.

Now is not the time to ask what the club can do for us, but we need to ask what we can do for our club.

Let's make this happen, together.

Strange 1 for us Pompeyyellows as we will know more people in the away end than our own end. Even travelling up with 2 Pompey fans. Going our separate ways once we have parked lol

it me old mans funeral late morning early avo that day... there well be all my sisters kids and my kids, plus some of both my sisters and my grandkids at the Pompey game- as well as my sis, my n my nephew with our STs ( plus me dads seat with a shirt n scarf on it) there looks like they'll be another 16 of the Sarge tribe at the game - my sister block booked an additional 16 seats

Last edited:
1.30pm update on Sunday and sales since Friday evening have been extremely slow with just 76 more home seats sold. Thought there would be a pick up with people buying tickets at the match yesterday but that clearly didn't happen.

That means there are still 3,535 home seats remaining, giving home seat sales of 6,019.

Add in an estimated 1700 for Pompey (1,450 allocation sold out on April 4th) and executive boxes (250) and that gives an overall figure of 7,719.

There really needs to be a big marketing/promotional push for this one from the club as soon as possible (the fact that the OUFC website still has the Sheff Wednesday banner up on the home ticketing page is bizarre at this point).

We have 5 matches to go, 3 at home and we need to keep our destiny in our own hands with 3 points on Tuesday night.

1.30pm update on Sunday and sales since Friday evening have been extremely slow with just 76 more home seats sold. Thought there would be a pick up with people buying tickets at the match yesterday but that clearly didn't happen.

That means there are still 3,535 home seats remaining, giving home seat sales of 6,019.

Add in an estimated 1700 for Pompey (1,450 allocation sold out on April 4th) and executive boxes (250) and that gives an overall figure of 7,719.

There really needs to be a big marketing/promotional push for this one from the club as soon as possible (the fact that the OUFC website still has the Sheff Wednesday banner up on the home ticketing page is bizarre at this point).

We have 5 matches to go, 3 at home and we need to keep our destiny in our own hands with 3 points on Tuesday night.

One would suggest that is unlikely based on previous efforts.

And, as that ethos continues, it makes the shifting of ST`s next season that little bit harder.

Our main source of purchasing tickets (website) is advertising a game that took place 10 days ago.

We are in the midst of a horror run, where every supporter that wishes to purchase tickets should be actively encouraged to do so and with a concise and clean method for actually ordering the bloody tickets.

It’s actually laughable just how inept the football club currently is, in more or less every department.

Does anyone have an email address for Tim Williams and the Commercial Manager? I’d very much like to engage with them on a number of topics.

Yeap, pick and choose the big games or just purchase the '5 game mega package' - Barrow, Harrogate, Crawley, Sutton and Salford.

This is how bad it is-

I said to the Agent (who has a ST next to where mine was) about a fortnight ago that the bar at Bridport Town* does a spectacular pint of Guinness and, if you ask for it in a plastic glass the barman refuses in a righteous and uncontradictable way (I'm with him (the barman) on this but it's a long story). So we fixed that he and mrs Agent would drop down and we'd (me & Agent) watch the Bees and have a decent pint this past weekend.

I got the wrong week, but the Seasiders were at home so we could go there, but it was called off on saturday morning because of a waterlogged davey fort (drainage on the jurassic coast is dismally slow) which we found out when we rocked up for the game. So we ended up watching Honiton playing Torrington and only having 1 Guinness (each obvs) because it was out of one of them can things and left a radioactive fur on my tongue (probably the agent's too but I can't say as he thought it was more like the hard-to-shift taste you get licking the floor of a cowshed). and it was relatively enjoyable.

* where, on 'good friday'. I saw Paul McGrath's son playing against the Bees in an enjoyable match and heard a dahset person exclaim "c'mon! get another and show these devonshire inbreds .. etc". He looks the spitting image of his dad.

This is how bad it is-

I said to the Agent (who has a ST next to where mine was) about a fortnight ago that the bar at Bridport Town* does a spectacular pint of Guinness and, if you ask for it in a plastic glass the barman refuses in a righteous and uncontradictable way (I'm with him (the barman) on this but it's a long story). So we fixed that he and mrs Agent would drop down and we'd (me & Agent) watch the Bees and have a decent pint this past weekend.

I got the wrong week, but the Seasiders were at home so we could go there, but it was called off on saturday morning because of a waterlogged davey fort (drainage on the jurassic coast is dismally slow) which we found out when we rocked up for the game. So we ended up watching Honiton playing Torrington and only having 1 Guinness (each obvs) because it was out of one of them can things and left a radioactive fur on my tongue (probably the agent's too but I can't say as he thought it was more like the hard-to-shift taste you get licking the floor of a cowshed). and it was relatively enjoyable.

* where, on 'good friday'. I saw Paul McGrath's son playing against the Bees in an enjoyable match and heard a dahset person exclaim "c'mon! get another and show these devonshire inbreds .. etc". He looks the spitting image of his dad.
When I was a boy I visited a rope making factory in Bridport, and its claim to fame was that they made the goal nets for Wembley Stadium. Thought you might need to know, my friend.

Game is on ifollow so will keep some people away, also a school night, first day back for some after Easter holiddays.

Game is on ifollow so will keep some people away, also a school night, first day back for some after Easter holiddays.
... but its a game under lights, in a relegation fight, against our old rivals who are managed by our ex ... I appreciate evening games are tricky for some and you can’t take kids, but you’re either excited by this sort of thing or you aren’t

... but its a game under lights, in a relegation fight, against our old rivals who are managed by our ex ... I appreciate evening games are tricky for some and you can’t take kids, but you’re either excited by this sort of thing or you aren’t

Being excited doesn't always mean that you can finish work a few hours earlier, or provide decent public transport options for those who live further afield, or make up for kids with school the following day etc.

The reality is that evening games provide additional difficulties for some that have little to do with how excited fans are, or how much they care.

It's like the Mecca of rope, Bridport!

You'd like St Mary's; park in a council estate, walk across a park to the ground.... Always welcome.
I'll take you up on that one day mate, although I'm more likely to be visiting the area in the summer, so would be good to catch up then.

Back
Top Bottom