Tickets Pompey Crowd

8pm update on Sunday and sales remain relatively slow with 54 seats sold since 1.30pm. This takes home seat sales to 6,073 and overall sales therefore to 7,773. This figure may even be inflated as there are two blocks of 70 - one each in block 1 (south stand lower left side) and block 22 (north stand, top right corner) - which are showing as all sold but may not be, which would take another 140 off this total - either these are reserved for club giveaways or they are being kept back at the moment given how many are still left overall.

I guess there will be more last minute sales than normal tomorrow (and Tuesday) given the proximity of the match after Saturday but at the moment it's looking unlikely we will reach 9,000.

The remaining 3,481 seats are split:

South Stand Lower 857 (116/175/179/9/6/31/163/178)
South Stand Upper 621 (245/58/26/0/11/24/257)
East Stand 778 (122/168/63/100/111/214)
North Stand 1,225 (274/277/260/414)

And just to keep noting, that it's now April 16th and still the top banners on the home ticketing page https://www.eticketing.co.uk/oxfordunited/ are promoting the Sheffield Wednesay match which was played on April 7th and the Cheltenham match on April 25th with no mention of Pompey (likewise there was no mention of Bolton last week)!

This is how bad it is-

I said to the Agent (who has a ST next to where mine was) about a fortnight ago that the bar at Bridport Town* does a spectacular pint of Guinness and, if you ask for it in a plastic glass the barman refuses in a righteous and uncontradictable way (I'm with him (the barman) on this but it's a long story). So we fixed that he and mrs Agent would drop down and we'd (me & Agent) watch the Bees and have a decent pint this past weekend.

I got the wrong week, but the Seasiders were at home so we could go there, but it was called off on saturday morning because of a waterlogged davey fort (drainage on the jurassic coast is dismally slow) which we found out when we rocked up for the game. So we ended up watching Honiton playing Torrington and only having 1 Guinness (each obvs) because it was out of one of them can things and left a radioactive fur on my tongue (probably the agent's too but I can't say as he thought it was more like the hard-to-shift taste you get licking the floor of a cowshed). and it was relatively enjoyable.

* where, on 'good friday'. I saw Paul McGrath's son playing against the Bees in an enjoyable match and heard a dahset person exclaim "c'mon! get another and show these devonshire inbreds .. etc". He looks the spitting image of his dad.
PARKLIFE!

It's like the Mecca of rope, Bridport!

You'd like St Mary's; park in a council estate, walk across a park to the ground.... Always welcome.

You can walk down from town along the Brit.... lovely stroll leads directly to the car park.

Highly recommend the Woodman on South Street & the Ropemakers especially their Cheese nights!

The Museum, also on South Street, has a veritable plethora of rope "stuff".

1.00pm update on Monday and since 8.00pm last night there have been just a net 56 sales (84 in total but 28 additional seats were made available in block 2).

That means there are still 3,425 seats remaining, with home seat sales at 6,129 and overall sales at 7,829.

The lack of any promotion or marketing on social media for the match is both alarming and depressing - and it is being reflected in the extremely slow sales.

Frankly pathetic from the club when we only have 3 home matches to go, all of which are now must win games, it's a huge match against an old enemy in Pompey, and yet the only Pompey reference on the club's social media today has been highlights from the club's women's match against them - nothing wrong with posting that but surely someone can put up something even basic to try to sell tickets!

Oh and the banner on the ticketing page is still promoting the Sheffiedl Wednesday match 10 days after it was played!!

The online ticket office still has a banner for sheff wed home tickets [emoji848]

Honestly what are these guys in charge doing?
Perhaps it's time Williams and Ferguson went and someone who knows what they are doing replaced them? Just a thought...............

I don't know how the club can keep getting some of these basic things so badly wrong?

I simply don't understand how someone hasn't walked in this morning and immediately asked what our sales are like followed by a call to the communications team to get this out on social media and local radio.

Oxford United needs you! Replaying the Cam Bran and Nathan Holland goals at the death last season. The penalties against Pompey in the play off semi. The 5-5 game from the 90's. The 4-1 on the first game of the season etc etc. So many big games, so much history, and a HUGE opportunity to do something again tomorrow night to save our season.

f**k me, I'm just a jumped up prison officer but I could do a better job at promoting these games with my bloody eyes closed!!!

I don't know how the club can keep getting some of these basic things so badly wrong?

I simply don't understand how someone hasn't walked in this morning and immediately asked what our sales are like followed by a call to the communications team to get this out on social media and local radio.

Oxford United needs you! Replaying the Cam Bran and Nathan Holland goals at the death last season. The penalties against Pompey in the play off semi. The 5-5 game from the 90's. The 4-1 on the first game of the season etc etc. So many big games, so much history, and a HUGE opportunity to do something again tomorrow night to save our season.

f**k me, I'm just a jumped up prison officer but I could do a better job at promoting these games with my bloody eyes closed!!!
Good grief! I actually agree with this. :eek:

If the likes of me and @Thecurraghofkildare can take the (not inconsiderable) time to count several thousand dots, try to present the ticket sales in a positive manner, and become the de facto YellowsForum ticket sellers, across several games a season, and the club can't even be arsed to get the absolute basics right in this way, then they should not be surprised if there is mass apathy from the fans.

I hate criticising the club, or being negative toward them, and my default is to stick up for them, but f**k me this sort of crap boils my P**s.

I agree as well. :eek:

A lot with some aspects. :ROFLMAO:

Well the good news is that the Sheffield Wednesday banner has now eventually come down - to be replaced with just the Cheltenham banner for 25th April currently and still no mention of the match tomorrow (just as there never was for Bolton). Screams silently.............

The club have also just released a We#StandUnited video asking for support for the new SB stadium initiative, so charitably I'm guessing that this has been using up the time and resources of the social media/promotional team. Which suggests a complete lack of planning.

Don't get me wrong, we all appreciate how important the SB initiative is to the future of the club, but so is staying in Division 1 and getting a decent crowd to support the team TOMORROW. Surely this video could have waited until Wednesday/Thursday and all our marketing/promotional effeots should have been behind standing united behind the team tomorrow night.

Like Colin, the reason I spend way too long counting dots is to try to build momentum, push sales and to support the club (especially as I'm overseas), and hence why it is so incredibly frustrating when they can't get even the basics right.

I hate criticising the club, or being negative toward them, and my default is to stick up for them, but f**k me this sort of crap boils my P**s.

No one will be surprised to know that I equally hate criticising the club, but it's been 15/16 months since we started pushing the 10k+ games on here, and yet the club has done absolutely nothing to build on these foundations to improve attendance.

It was all a bit tokenistic and often too late to make much difference, but at least we had a signed shirt etc drawn from each game over 10k last season, and it's not like we haven't got plenty left in the club shop to do the same.

And you would have thought that we'd be busting a gut to get various Kidlington community groups to games to help promote the new stadium. We should have had tickets going out to every school and football club in Kidlington, plus the rugby clubs, scout groups etc. This doesn't even need to be free tickets, but deal where you get 15 kids and 5 adults for a collective discounted price.

I also get discount through the Blue Light card for emergency workers. Clubs like Bolton are always doing discounted deals on there, but we do absolutely nothing. The JR and other Oxford hospitals? Nothing. The universities? BMW? Science Park? Literally sod all.

And this lazy marketing doesn't only cost us this season, but it also plays in to the hands of Middleton and others who argue against the need for an 18,000 capacity stadium based on current usage. We know the potential, and how this has played out elsewhere, but the club doesn't half make it easy for these nuggets to paint us as small fry when we act in the same way.

If the likes of me and @Thecurraghofkildare can take the (not inconsiderable) time to count several thousand dots, try to present the ticket sales in a positive manner, and become the de facto YellowsForum ticket sellers, across several games a season, and the club can't even be arsed to get the absolute basics right in this way, then they should not be surprised if there is mass apathy from the fans.

Why should we care nobody at the club seems to give a toss that's how bad its become but will be driving the 1hr and 20min journey to the game tomorrow night must be bloody mad

Back
Top Bottom