Tickets Pompey Away - Tickets on Sale

But how many would we have sold if we had the "4 weeks" to sell them and the online ticket system working properly?
We didn't even sell out for Wycombe and we're several crappy results further on from then. I don't think we'd have sold many more than we have. When there's high demand, these pages and Twitter are awash with 'need x tickets' messages. To date, I haven't seen a single one.

We didn't even sell out for Wycombe and we're several crappy results further on from then. I don't think we'd have sold many more than we have. When there's high demand, these pages and Twitter are awash with 'need x tickets' messages. To date, I haven't seen a single one.
We sold this one out one day after tickets went on general sale. Of course we'd have sold more and we were entitled to them. But the ticketing supremo(s) decided they knew best.

The mistakes here were as follows:

1 - No working ticket site for most of the sales window.
2 - A reduced sales window as Portsmouth held onto the tickets for an extra two weeks.
3 - Agreeing to take a smaller allocation than we were entitled to by EFL rules.
4 - Deciding upon a ridiculously late general sale window, when we already knew all of the above.

I don't know why you're trying to justify the club's actions here, as it's a complete shitshow however you look at it. It's this kind of small club mentality that has, and will, hold us back. Top 30 Club my a**e.

We sold this one out one day after tickets went on general sale. Of course we'd have sold more and we were entitled to them. But the ticketing supremo(s) decided they knew best.

The mistakes here were as follows:

1 - No working ticket site for most of the sales window.
2 - A reduced sales window as Portsmouth held onto the tickets for an extra two weeks.
3 - Agreeing to take a smaller allocation than we were entitled to by EFL rules.
4 - Deciding upon a ridiculously late general sale window, when we already knew all of the above.

I don't know why you're trying to justify the club's actions here, as it's a complete shitshow however you look at it. It's this kind of small club mentality that has, and will, hold us back. Top 30 Club my a**e.
I'm not trying to justify anything, Colin.

It's my opinion. Hope that's OK with you.

It was against Arsenal at Highbury.

We had our 15%, which was just shy of 6,000, and there were another 900 that Arsenal offered us, as they would not sell out against League Two Oxford United. As it was discretionary on their part Arsenal said that we had to pay for any we didn't sell. We declined the extra tickets. Our Chairman was Firoz Kassam.

Interestingly, in the next round they were at home to Farnborough Town and made them the same offer. Farnborough took the extra tickets and sold them all.
Wasn't the Arsenal v Farnborough game actually a Farnborough home game they switched for the money - Graham Westley was the owner/manager and left 3 days after the game taking most of the money. So in that case as the 'home' club they could have as many tickets as they wanted.

I have a spare Adult and Under 14 standing ticket for Portsmouth now available. Ideally collect from Headington area this evening. Adult ticket £25, child ticket £5.

"Marginal gains" in football can make all the difference.
By not taking our full allocation of 2,000 it meant Pompey had fans just to the side of Cummings goal. Did that have any effect on Pompey's goal after 1 minute? Was Cummings distracted any way? We will never know. But if we had taken all 2,000 tickets then some of those seats would have partly been filled by Oxford supporters or have been empty which surely would have been better than having Pompey fans a few feet away from Cummings.

"Marginal gains" in football can make all the difference.
By not taking our full allocation of 2,000 it meant Pompey had fans just to the side of Cummings goal. Did that have any effect on Pompey's goal after 1 minute? Was Cummings distracted any way? We will never know. But if we had taken all 2,000 tickets then some of those seats would have partly been filled by Oxford supporters or have been empty which surely would have been better than having Pompey fans a few feet away from Cummings.
Straw clutching of epic proportions! I know some people just look for any excuse to pan the club these days but ... chris on a bike!

Back
Top Bottom