Tickets Pompey Away - Tickets on Sale

No, that's wrong. We were entitled to the full allocation, with no strings attached. The "extra" 600 are not a concession from Portsmouth in any way.

Our club have decided to take a lesser allocation. It's a bit like Portsmouth saying they don't want the full 1,480 allocation that we give them (which is more than 10% by the way) and they'll just have 1,000. Yet another f**k up from the people running the OUFC ticket operation!
Is there a way, for example, that OUFC can agree to hand back the 600 in return for a share of the sales? For example, can they say to Portsmouth, “Well we can just take them as is our right, or we can hand them back for you to sell in return for 50% of whatever your fans pay for them”?

Just trying to get my head around why the club wouldn’t take up the allocation as is their right. Under the new regime it can only be financial…

No, that's wrong. We were entitled to the full allocation, with no strings attached. The "extra" 600 are not a concession from Portsmouth in any way.

Our club have decided to take a lesser allocation. It's a bit like Portsmouth saying they don't want the full 1,480 allocation that we give them (which is more than 10% by the way) and they'll just have 1,000. Yet another f**k up from the people running the OUFC ticket operation!
I stand corrected and not for the first time and I’m sure not for the last.

Does my theory come into play for cup games? I’m sure I’ve heard we haven’t taken full allocations before due to risk of liability for unsold tickets?

Is there a way, for example, that OUFC can agree to hand back the 600 in return for a share of the sales? For example, can they say to Portsmouth, “Well we can just take them as is our right, or we can hand them back for you to sell in return for 50% of whatever your fans pay for them”?

Just trying to get my head around why the club wouldn’t take up the allocation as is their right. Under the new regime it can only be financial…
Unless Pompey have said here's your extra 600, buy them up front, it'll cost you £x. If you can't sell them then you take the hit not us. I believe a few clubs have used that tactic on us in the past, albeit in cup games?

Unless Pompey have said here's your extra 600, buy them up front, it'll cost you £x. If you can't sell them then you take the hit not us. I believe a few clubs have used that tactic on us in the past, albeit in cup games?
Can you say that when it’s a league rule you get ten percent? What’s to stop clubs saying that about any unsold away tickets?

Can you say that when it’s a league rule you get ten percent? What’s to stop clubs saying that about any unsold away tickets?
Don't know, but there is a percentage rule in the FA Cup as well and it happened. This is going back a bit now though, can't remember who it was against.

Thoroughly cheesed off by the clubs small time logic once again. The chuckle bros phrase 'to me to you' is all so very apt. Imagine the call to the pom poms ticket office - do you geezers want our 600 seats because we know as table toppers you may want to make more noise to help John's team move towards winning the title and as a nice family club we would be honoured in doing so. So 'from us to you' please take them!

However, looking at our smaller allocation do you think it was tasked for our video data analysts to have gauged 'similulated boos' at the end of the match from 1400 fans against a fuller 1800/2000 allocation as this might have been behind the reasoning to this total f*ck up and of any small chance we may just have had to drown out the small time Charlie's lol.

COYY'S

Long gone are the days of shared gate receipts for league games (I'll give you three guesses which teams petitioned to get that removed). You get 5% of any sales made on behalf of the home club as a sellers fee.
1000004308.jpg
And all tickets are supplied sale or return
1000004311.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know, but there is a percentage rule in the FA Cup as well and it happened. This is going back a bit now though, can't remember who it was against.
It was against Arsenal at Highbury.

We had our 15%, which was just shy of 6,000, and there were another 900 that Arsenal offered us, as they would not sell out against League Two Oxford United. As it was discretionary on their part Arsenal said that we had to pay for any we didn't sell. We declined the extra tickets. Our Chairman was Firoz Kassam.

Interestingly, in the next round they were at home to Farnborough Town and made them the same offer. Farnborough took the extra tickets and sold them all.

It was against Arsenal at Highbury.

We had our 15%, which was just shy of 6,000, and there were another 900 that Arsenal offered us, as they would not sell out against League Two Oxford United. As it was discretionary on their part Arsenal said that we had to pay for any we didn't sell. We declined the extra tickets. Our Chairman was Firoz Kassam.

Interestingly, in the next round they were at home to Farnborough Town and made them the same offer. Farnborough took the extra tickets and sold them all.
Chelsea at Stamford Bridge FA Cup 4th Round replay in 1998/99 did the same. Don't remember the number of tickets or values, but it was we either took the bottom tier of main stand to left of the dugout as you look from the stand, or we could have the tickets for the whole bottom tier, but those to the right of the dugout would not be sale or return (e.g., we'd be paying for them regardless). At that time we didn't take them as we were very risk adverse having not been able to pay staff for 2 1/2 months earlier that season. One would think it would be a bit different now and we could be a bit bolder!!

I thought we had multi millionaire owners, buying a few more tickets at not a lot of money (relatively) even if we had to pay would surely be a pishin the ocean?

Chelsea at Stamford Bridge FA Cup 4th Round replay in 1998/99 did the same. Don't remember the number of tickets or values, but it was we either took the bottom tier of main stand to left of the dugout as you look from the stand, or we could have the tickets for the whole bottom tier, but those to the right of the dugout would not be sale or return (e.g., we'd be paying for them regardless). At that time we didn't take them as we were very risk adverse having not been able to pay staff for 2 1/2 months earlier that season. One would think it would be a bit different now and we could be a bit bolder!!
Chelsea was the game I was half remembering I think.

I thought we had multi millionaire owners, buying a few more tickets at not a lot of money (relatively) even if we had to pay would surely be a pishin the ocean?
They may fund the club, but they hire others to organise the day to day and make those decisions .

Long gone are the days of shared gate receipts for league games (I'll give you three guesses which teams petitioned to get that removed). You get 5% of any sales made on behalf of the home club as a sellers fee.
View attachment 18016
And all tickets are supplied sale or return
View attachment 18017

Am i right as i'm sure we were told by OUFC that the delay in selling them was that Pompey hadn't sent them to us. We only started selling the 2 weeks before the game, not 4 weeks.

Am i right as i'm sure we were told by OUFC that the delay in selling them was that Pompey hadn't sent them to us. We only started selling the 2 weeks before the game, not 4 weeks.
Why would Pompey delay? They've given all clubs the same initial number this season. I'm guessing here, but I think it was because we were updating our CRM system/ticket website. I think the club thought that would be sorted long before it was, and when it dragged on they got to a position where they just had to get them on sale, and so used the phone or in-person method.

This is just the latest example of an ever growing list of poor decisions by Adam Benson, overseen by Tim Williams and that impacts on supporters.

Again, I’d urge anybody that hasn’t already looked, goes and takes a peak at Adam Benson’s ‘pedigree’ in Senior Sporting Managerial Roles. I can’t imagine you’ll be bowled over by his work.

He needs outing, sharpish.

This is just the latest example of an ever growing list of poor decisions by Adam Benson, overseen by Tim Williams and that impacts on supporters.

Again, I’d urge anybody that hasn’t already looked, goes and takes a peak at Adam Benson’s ‘pedigree’ in Senior Sporting Managerial Roles. I can’t imagine you’ll be bowled over by his work.

He needs outing, sharpish.
Agree - certainly a question for the forum. What experience does he have to hold the role he currently does.

If you look at his career there is nothing in there that justifies his position.

Damage has been done unfortunately

I did ring the ticket office a few times to find out when they were going on-sale, and each time I spoke to various people they said that they hadn’t received the tickets, but was hoping to get them imminently. Why there was a delay, I’m not sure. May be find out more from Portsmouth’s end e.g. was it them or us?

Having sold out at 7pm on the Wednesday how many of the 600 would we have shifted between then and Friday evening?

Moot point because Portsmouth have sold them all anyway.

Small team mentality does not a "Top 30 Club" make....................

Back
Top Bottom