2) The worst signing - Tim and Grant
3) A loan player who you had high hopes for but disappointed - Ismail
4) A loan player you wish we signed permanently - G. Baldock
5) The most under-rated player - Bowery
6) The most influential player/signing - Roofe
7) The worst overall player - Tiendalli
8) The best overall player - Roofe
9) Your favourite player - Maguire

The Best signing: ROOFE - Huge excitement around the club when we signed him, and it was a signing that was integral to our success that season.

The worst signing: HANSON - Nearly went for Pekalski, but we never got to see him play, so we don't even know what might've been with him, but we know Hanson was a pathetic crock, and he was crap as well, so he gets the nod from me.

Most disappointing loan: HOLLAND - I hoped he was gonna be as inspirational a loan signing as Roofe was, but he turned out to be an absolute fraud of a footballer.

Loan player I wish we'd managed to sign: BALDOCK - It was pretty obvious that he was destined to play at the top level, so never really thought we'd be able to keep him, but was still totally gutted when he was recalled, coincidently by none other than then MK Dons manager KR, the c**t.

Most under-rated player: SKARZ - A no frills but very effective left back, who I always felt never really got the recognition or appreciation he deserved, but who none the less was a consistently solid performer, who never let us down, and even played through injury to help our promotion cause towards the end of that season.

Most influential player/signing: ROOFE - It was the signing that really got the ball rolling, and the whole club and fans buzzing, and probably influenced many of the other quality signings we made that summer to sign for us, and his performances that season really inspired and influenced the team, everyone at the club, and in the stands to enjoy what to this day has been the most enjoyable season since the 95/96 promotion season.

The worst overall player: TIENDALLI - OK so he was past it, but my god, he was absolute shite, and looked like he'd never played the game before.

The best overall player: HENRY - Pure class and talent, a really intelligent player, with fantastic ball control, and could manoeuvre the ball in such tight situations, a fantastic passer and crosser of the ball, and a great finisher, scoring over 50 goals for the club, and nearly making it into the top 10 goalscorers of all time for the club. If only his decision making could've been better on a couple of occasions! 🫣

Favourite player: Brannagan - What a great servant he's been to our club, especially as he's had opportunities to push for a move, but has always stayed, as he genuinely wants success with us, and it's clear to see how much the club means to him. He may not have the talent of Henry (who was a close 2nd) but he's always 100% committed in games, and has scored some great goals, and dealt admirably with some very high pressure moments from penalties, with a total so far of nearly 50 goals for the club, a great achievement. Along with the commitment he's shown to the club, the club have also shown great care and support to him when he had his serious problems with his eyesight. A rare thing in the modern game, for a non homegrown player to move to a club at such a young age, and spend the majority of his career there. Here's hoping he stays for many more years to come...

Now, back to work...
I saw Skarz on that list and thought "what is he on about, Skarz played for us well over 10 years ago". But no! 2015-2017! He was a cracking left back.

Best signing - Brannagan is close but for the level we were at at the time I think it has to be Roofe, absolute class act and was the catalyst for us going up a few levels. Honourable mention to Henry as well, having his prime years in League 1 was a coup.

Worst signing - We've had some crap but for what it cost us it has to be Hanson, think we would have spent well over £1m on him in terms of fee and wages over a ridiculous 4 year contract. Completely damaging and no surprise he's playing Dog and Duck league now.

Loan player who you had high hopes for but disappointed - Maybe Woodburn, he wasn't awful but was generally just sort of ok with some moments of class sprinkled in. Never fully got going.

Loan player you wish we signed permanently -obviously Baldock, but Jordan Graham was class as well. His first loan I think he only played 5 games, no goals and a red card but it was still clear he was miles above that level. Him and Baldock down the right flank in League 2 was a pisstake of the highest order.

Most under-rated player - Rothwell. An absolute class act who we never found a place for. At one point we had him, Lundstram and Lego but rarely seemed to play them together. I recall we did it once against Swindon and absolutely mullered them. Wasn't at all surprised to see him move up a level after leaving us and now gets fairly regular game time in the Premier League. He could carry the ball like an on form McGuane but also had a range of passing on him.

Most influential player/signing - Roofe, as I said above really seemed to kick things off.

Worst overall player - Tiendalli. Dog s**t.

Best overall player - Roofe. Again Brannagan is close but I think Roofe is the best player we've had since we've been at the Kassam.

Favourite player - Roofe, Baldock, Rothwell, Baptiste, loads to mention but for entertainment value it's probably Ricardinho. Rarely a game went by without him doing something outrageous on the edge of our own box.

It's a good starting point for a review of our recent history, particularly as Appleton had his big clear-out of players half way through 2014/15 after the 5-1 defeat at Cambridge, before winning promotion the next season.

Best signing - Kemar Roofe just ahead of John Lundstram Simon Eastwood Cameron Brannagan and Marvin Johnson
Worst signing - Xemi Fernandez just ahead of Pat Hoban and Aegon Mehmeti
Loan signing I had high hopes for - Alex Mowatt
Loan signing I had hoped to sign permanently - Herbie Kane
Most underrated player - Joe Rothwell
Most influential signing - Chris Maguire
Worst overall player - Dwight Tiendalli ahead of Xemi Fernandez,Jon Obika and George Waring
Best overall player - Cameron Brannagan
Favourite player - Shandon Baptiste

Best signing - Kemar Roofe just ahead of John Lundstram Simon Eastwood Cameron Brannagan and Marvin Johnson
Worst signing - Xemi Fernandez just ahead of Pat Hoban and Aegon Mehmeti
Loan signing I had high hopes for - Alex Mowatt
Loan signing I had hoped to sign permanently - Herbie Kane
Most underrated player - Joe Rothwell
Most influential signing - Chris Maguire
Worst overall player - Dwight Tiendalli ahead of Xemi Fernandez,Jon Obika and George Waring
Best overall player - Cameron Brannagan
Favourite player - Shandon Baptiste

Pat Hoban is nowhere near the worst signing compared to Xemi or Mehmeti.

1 Lundstram
2 Allardyce
3 Crowley
4 Martinez/Rothwell
5 Sykes
6 Lundstram
7 Tiendalli
8 Ledson
9 Brannagan

Last edited:
So is he still with us, I don’t recall seeing his name mentioned in any non- first team match reports.?

Back
Top Bottom