Transfer News Players Leaving Oxford United

Peterdev

With the new players coming in there are bound to be players exiting the Kassam.
This might be a good thread to enter players you know are leaving. I’m sure Matt Taylor will be leaving before long. I wish him well

With the new players coming in there are bound to be players exiting the Kassam.
This might be a good thread to enter players you know are leaving. I’m sure Matt Taylor will be leaving before long. I wish him well
They all will be leaving at some point just no idea when. Will be interesting to see how this squad gets refreshed. New energy and leadership was desperately required.

I've no doubt that players will leave, but we also have huge gaps in the squad so we're along way from having to move players out to bring others in. I suspect that most leaving will be on loan deals so it could be a while yet before any leave.

I can’t see Taylor coming back. Hopefully he will find another club soon.

I wonder if Taylor might go to Reading as they won’t be able to afford much now they’re down with us and have financial problems of their own

I wonder if Taylor might go to Reading as they won’t be able to afford much now they’re down with us and have financial problems of their own

He might go to Northampton or Cheltenham. Somewhere else geographically close to home.

Return to FGR?

Yeah anywhere that’s not far from home. I still think he could do a job at this level, but not for a team chasing promotion. Plus he will probably want more than a 1 yr deal. So if we offered him a 2 yr deal and went up, it would be a wasted spot in the squad for a side in the Championship.

He won’t go to Reading. I’d be extremely surprised if that happened. SCUM doesn’t bare thinking about.

Back
Top Bottom