PEP has Gone!

Shocked tbh. But clearly things were not right. DE has not fucked about so he must have a positive agenda here. Clotet had to go and the writing on the wall was the 7-0 at home.
Eales still believes that we can make something out of this season and has acted accordingly. Our new Man will have to hit the ground running though if we are not going to slide into obscurity. COYY

It was time - he had lost the fans, and most of the players. We HAVE to stay up this season, and the form we are in, the performances the team are putting out were putting that at risk. I'm sorry for Pep, but he has to take responsibility for this. Looking forward to a fresh start.

Collective decision in the board room.

Lampard would be a publicity stunt to get bums on seats. He’s had no Experience.

Shrewsbury manager doing well, and Nathan Jones at Luton. I’d be calling them and offer them a decent salary and a good budget and they may well jump ship. We have the money, so let’s use it wisely.

Lessons learnt no foreigner.

Bring back Mapps. ?

Wow..... A brave decision. Seems Eales was more likely pushed into it from the board.
I doubt it. Whilst Eales has a fluffy public persona, and he does look to stability and building, he won't hesitate to be ruthless if plans aren't being met. In Appleton's first season when things weren't going to plan he was called in and asked what he was going to do about it - he presented a coherent updated plan and then proceeded to meet it. I have no doubt that before Christmas Pep was asked for a plan for improvement. I can't imagine for a minute he was delivering it given the defensive shambles of the last couple of weeks (at least).

This doesn’t really feel like a DE method of operating. Makes one wonder if there is in fact somebody else pulling the strings now...?
You don't get to be a successful businessman by being concensual the whole time..I wonder if Payne being moved on by H was a sign of disquiet and a bad omen

He’s got a few clubs out of this division in the past so knows it well.

He was on a hiding to nothing at Sunderland, a club in transition and squad needing a total re build.

I think a sensible move considering where the club resides in the table. If we were any further towards the relegation places, then it's suddenly a much less appealing role for any potential manager - who could risk adding a relegation to their CV. Because of where we're at in L1, I expect we'll have some decent applicants....

Back
Top Bottom