Pep vs MApp

Is the fight in water or on land? How many rounds? Feet and hands? Come on guys these need answering. What was the thread about again?

Is the fight in water or on land? How many rounds? Feet and hands? Come on guys these need answering. What was the thread about again?
Pep v MApp
Half time entertainment, in the centre circle, at a home game, with Rosie MC-ing n Faz refereeing .... MMA rules? :eek:

Pep v MApp
Half time entertainment, in the centre circle, at a home game, with Rosie MC-ing n Faz refereeing .... MMA rules? :eek:

Hmm, I don't see Pep lasting long there to be honest...unless beneath that cuddly Catalonian exterior there beats the heart of a psychotic rampaging madman.

Can only see one winner...pep...sneaks some tattoo remover into his spandex mma costume. MAPP runs for the empty fence end and away to safety. Pep admits after he was happy with MAPP's defensive performance.

Since you were the only person who was called 'racist' on one occasion (you made racist comments then pulled your neck in) that means neither that 'people' made racist comments nor that it happened 'often'.

Haha your lying ways have transferred from the old forum to this one, it would seem. Care to remind me what I said about our summer recruits that was so outrageous? Of course you won't provide any actual examples.

Would you like to make up some more quotes and attribute them to me? Again?

Such a whopper.

...and he inherited these players in a League above (and a tough league at that) where MApp started, so it doesn't feel fair to compare them.
Mapp took an underperforming club that was below the level it could be playing at. That was deliberate on his part, and you may remember Alex Ferguson gave him a rollicking for choosing Blackburn and Blackpool previously, two clubs clearly on the way down at the time.

Clotet has taken a club which has arguably already found its level. If he takes us into the Championship it will be a bigger achievement.

MAPP on MOTD 2 extra right now.

It's like seeing an ex that you still have feelings for across the street :cry:

• React
Reactions: Ian
While there are a number of similarities in the situations MAPP and Pep found themselves in when taking over as manager there are also some notable differences. MAPP inherited a squad that was probably relegation fodder, the only way he could get rid of anyone was to pay them off, his initial signings were poor and added little to the cause, he was lucky Waddock signed Hylton or we would have been toast. He also had to coach the players he inherited to play in a way that was alien to them.
At the end of January he had improved the squad enough through signings and coaching to make us one of the better league two sides and continued to improve us in his next two seasons bringing the average age of the players down, while results improved, so did the entertainment and the value of assets in the squad went through the roof. Clearly recognition and praise has to be given to the scouting network, Eales and Ashton plus Faz for helping MAPP make this happen. With some hic ups along the way the line on the graph under MAPP moved in a positive direction.

PEP came in, some assets left but plenty remained, Ledson, Eastwood and Ruffles are wanted by championship clubs and the scouting network would have identified replacements and new talent. I will eat my feet if they had identified GVK, Mehmeti, Xemi and the rest of the ageing/injured signings he made. I have no idea why Eales went away from the "plan", maybe prices had gone up and he invested more in wages backing Peps judgement. The players he inherited were all familiar with playing passing football, had finished 8th last season, finishing strongly, improving throughout the season(not dis similar to MAPPS first season) and it could be argued a 60 plus game season stopped us making the play offs. This season we started positively and looked good, we pressed high, moved the ball quickly and looked a decent side. However we have stuttered, stalled and the line on the graph is heading in a negative direction with a few notable upward blips. The squad age has increased, saleable assets decreased, entertainment declined as have results. We will have to fall off a cliff to go down and although Eales has shown he is a patient man some of Peps comments in the press have sounded a little like a guy getting his excuses in early to me. Clearly this months signings show we have gone back to the "plan", I expect Pep needs to show he can make it work in the remainder of the season or he will seeking employment elsewhere.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom