DE, Pep and Faz off to scout in Europe

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
So DE isn't at the meeting tonight because he has flown out with Pep and Faz to Europe to scout. According to the Oxford Mail.

Surely a footballing matter unless they are signing someone there and then?

DE does not have to be there!

Not a bad excuse i'll give him that. For all three to go I am guessing there is decent money involved?

Surely a footballing matter unless they are signing someone there and then?

DE does not have to be there!

Well I don't know any of the details (I suspect the same goes for you?) but what if there is a large sum being offered for the player and DE wants to tie up the deal there and then before the player is poached by another club? I suspect if he is putting up anywhere near half a million or more of effectively his own money he may actually want to see the player too? Not sure what there is to complain about without knowing the facts. Personally I like that we are actively seeking new players. Would you be happier if we weren't?

Middleton FC vs Cobh Rangers in the ROI Amateur cup KO 7:30

Plz.no more overseas crocks.just 2 days ago we were told that we were reverting back to the young hungry homegrown talent,and before you know it all four of them are off on a foreign jolly.yeah we signed the young boy from reading which is great,and hopefully the boy from Liverpool will sign,but these are the type of lads we should be recruiting,Plz pep and d.e. don't make the same mistakes as in the summer.

It’ll be a young promising player, Eales wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t a serious attempt to bring the player in to the club. Clear that there’s going to be money involved so Eales would’ve wanted to see what he’s effectively buying

Well I don't know any of the details (I suspect the same goes for you?) but what if there is a large sum being offered for the player and DE wants to tie up the deal there and then before the player is poached by another club? I suspect if he is putting up anywhere near half a million or more of effectively his own money he may actually want to see the player too? Not sure what there is to complain about without knowing the facts. Personally I like that we are actively seeking new players. Would you be happier if we weren't?

I am not complaining I am giving my opinion!

I would normally think the coaches would look over a player then after that DE may get involved. Does DE normally go on scouting mission's?

That's not a dig at DE as I don't know...

They mentioned that Eales was there to talk to parents of the player. Must be a youngster.

They mentioned that Eales was there to talk to parents of the player. Must be a youngster.

Yes, I got the impression parents and maybe agents to get the deal tied up. If it is someone a few teams are after then being there to make the offer might be the key to getting him.

This is a perfect illustration of the influence of having the owner etc present at recruitment:

Posted elsewhere, but notice how the player keeps mentioning how he wants to feel ‘wanted’....and was impressed when Benham etc came to the meeting unexpectedly.

So DE isn't at the meeting tonight because he has flown out with Pep and Faz to Europe to scout. According to the Oxford Mail.

Or a lads on the lash break from the “stress” of running the club. Remember the scene from Mike Bassett, England manager ?

Well I know someone who lives in Tackley and he saw fazza last night. So much for a scouting mission

Back
Top Bottom