PEP has Gone!

Wow..... A brave decision. Seems Eales was more likely pushed into it from the board.
I wouldn't have thought DE needed to be pushed by anyone..he said he looked at trends not one off results and that was underperforming badly set up teams

So we need a proven manager ASAP. 9 days of the transfer window left for the new man to get 2-3 of his players in.

I’m guessing the window will end before we get a manger. That doesn’t mean key players won’t be brought in, but it might take some convincing

I only hope phrase 'be careful what you wish for'does not come into play.

Does this mean we won't have a 11 men behind the ball for set pieces? If it does then thank f*ck.

Yes. Hopefully not a 14 day as before recruitment process!
It definitley won't be, i suspect Eales will try to get the new man in by Sunday. This way he'll have a full week with the players before Charlton aswell as some time in the transfer market.

With the odd exception,”performance”
by “team”has declined as the season has progressed.
For me the the last 5 minutes at Fleetwood & the game away at Port Vale were tipping point.
It is true we have won games since then, but the nature & the way we have played has continued to slide .

Yes. Hopefully not a 14 day as before recruitment process!

Possibly more difficult to persuade the right people to come here, after boardroom unrest, takeover attempts and a manager being given the boot?
I'd hope getting the right man in is more important than just getting anyone because the window is closing. Wouldn't want a manager bringing in stiffs from foreign leagues would we? ;)

I think Wigan was dead man walking. Hope this can turn around a dismal season that looked good early on

Guessing here but I think the January signings were not his, not giving Dickie a chance would of gone against him and he looked to have a poor relationship with the rest of the staff.

With what was happening on the pitch, consistently poor performances that were getting worse and a drop off of results Eales hand was being forced, he stuck by Appleton because he felt it would improve, I am guessing he looked at it and couldn’t see it happening under Clotet.

The right decision for me, his poor signings in the summer doomed him, he will go down as an oddity in our history, the man who signed obscure footballers from around Europe who had played for him before.

Grayson is unlikely, but I would take him in a shot, can’t see it though but no harm in asking.

I wondered why i saw Marco Silva in The Turnpike in Yarnton last night.
DE obviously saw his sacking at Watford as a great opportunity.
What manager could turn down the chance, of taking a club to Wembley in the Checkatrade Champions league final.
Onwards and upwards.

Back
Top Bottom