League One Oxford vs Portsmouth? Title contenders?

I think, due to the incredible soft spot I have for Mous, I'd be more than happy with portsmouth winning and us coming second. Would love you/him to do well
You’re all having a go but it was actually John Mousinho’s wife who posted that, so…

Question is can we keep Beadle in January, can make a massive difference. Dread the thought of him being recalled and left with Eastwood

Question is can we keep Beadle in January, can make a massive difference. Dread the thought of him being recalled and left with Eastwood
According to the official site he is with is for the whole season...

For those saying they would be more than happy with coming second to Pompey because of Mous, so if there was one point in it and we finish second on the last game you will be happy? Not for me, I will be more than happy for Mous to get promotion with Pompey but by coming second to us!

According to the official site he is with is for the whole season...

He is but these season long loans always have have a break clause for all 3 parties in the January transfer window, I am hundred percent we won’t activate, pretty sure he is happy but I suppose the only worry is a championship club offer Brighton more money and the chance for him to play a level higher.

He is but these season long loans always have have a break clause for all 3 parties in the January transfer window, I am hundred percent we won’t activate, pretty sure he is happy but I suppose the only worry is a championship club offer Brighton more money and the chance for him to play a level higher.
I can’t see the money issue being material, here.

Brighton (and Beadle) will be primarily concerned with minutes played. With that in mind, I think we’re on a firm footing.

For those saying they would be more than happy with coming second to Pompey because of Mous, so if there was one point in it and we finish second on the last game you will be happy? Not for me, I will be more than happy for Mous to get promotion with Pompey but by coming second to us!
If we finish second this season and get automatically promoted to the Championship, will I be happy?

Yes, I’ll be absolutely ecstatic

I can’t see the money issue being material, here.

Brighton (and Beadle) will be primarily concerned with minutes played. With that in mind, I think we’re on a firm footing.

True, with his age I am hopeful that Brighton will be patient with him anyway, plus it’s a gamble for championship club on such a young keeper.

Brighton, from the outside, seem sensible and more interested in the long term player development than the loan fee/wage contribution. He is no.1, playing every week and developing which I reckon is far more important for Brighton.

Surely no sane OUFC would think otherwise?

This primitive nonsensical thugish hate just because someones in a different tribe to us rah rah is nauseating.
I'm happy for JM. If he gets top spot come the end at our expense then fair play to him - the better team won.
While we're at it, I love seeing Luton in the prem - fair play to them. I hope they stay.
I hope Reading sort their issues out.
I hope Bromley, Altrincham, and Gateshead get into league 2.
Cant people just be happy that other people are happy?!

I'd definitely be happy if we and Pompey went up this season. Pompey are a decent club with a proper old style ground, one of my favourites to visit. Also my wife's dad's family all hail from there, and her cousin is one of those supporters who ended up on the board. JM being there is another bonus.

(Also I believe we've played them more often than we've played any other side in the league - be fitting if we went up in tandem ...)

But I want us to be the ones who win the title! 😉

This primitive nonsensical thugish hate just because someones in a different tribe to us rah rah is nauseating.
I'm happy for JM. If he gets top spot come the end at our expense then fair play to him - the better team won.
While we're at it, I love seeing Luton in the prem - fair play to them. I hope they stay.

I would rather we came above a team managed by a former player of ours? That’s fairly normal, don’t know why you would spend a fortune and give up loads of your life to fall over yourself for a player who played less games for us and at a lower level than Gary Smart?

Football support is tribal, grounds would only have a few ground hoppers and players family in them if it wasn’t.

Last edited:
If we finish second this season and get automatically promoted to the Championship, will I be happy?

Yes, I’ll be absolutely ecstatic
Yes I would be too but that is not the point. If you asked me would I be happier finishing ahead of Pompey or second behind them if we get promoted I would choose winning the league every time above them. It's seems some would be happier to finish second as long as it is Pompey who won it! What would you rather, first or second this season?

Who said anything about ‘hate’?

[
, post: 752059, member: 7092"]
[/QUOTE]

I think this conversation has gone over your head! I would be quite happy for Pompey to go up but I would rather we finish above them. No hate here.

Last edited:
Pompey is one of my favourite away days, and I like Mous, so I'd be happy if both teams are promoted, but it has to be Oxford first, and Pompey 2nd or via the play-offs. I really dislike Joey Barton but always like the edge to the Rovers home and away games, unlikely, but I'd be happy if there were up there. I couldn't give a toss about the rest.

Pompey is one of my favourite away days, and I like Mous, so I'd be happy if both teams are promoted, but it has to be Oxford first, and Pompey 2nd or via the play-offs. I really dislike Joey Barton but always like the edge to the Rovers home and away games, unlikely, but I'd be happy if there were up there. I couldn't give a toss about the rest.
I feel Pompey and Rovers are real long-standing rivals, without any overblown ‘hate’, though I really dislike Barton. It was a great atmosphere yesterday. I’d love a title race with Pompey and would be happy if they went up as long as we finished above them. Then we could resume our ongoing battle.

Back
Top Bottom