oufc versus liverpool

wolvercoteyellow

Just heard Claire O'Neill say that we are playing like Oxford United when we should be playing like Liverpool. Bloody hell!
Oh, wait, it's about climate change. Sorry, couldn't find the right thread. ;)

Just heard Claire O'Neill say that we are playing like Oxford United when we should be playing like Liverpool. Bloody hell!
Oh, wait, it's about climate change. Sorry, couldn't find the right thread. ;)
Just heard that too. My immediate thought was "bloody cheek" but on reflection it was a reasonable analogy and any positive publicity for the club is to be welcomed.

I despise the use of "like" as verbal punctuation.

Typing it is even worse.

Offenders should be birched.

If you’re referring to the OP then surely it means ‘like’ as in ‘similar to or the same as’? Or would you rather they’d have said ‘We are playing Oxford United when we should be playing Liverpool’? - That would make even less sense surely!

Now`t in particular, just dislike the over use of the word as verbal punctuation. ?

"Jew no wot I meen?"

If you’re referring to the OP then surely it means ‘like’ as in ‘similar to or the same as’? Or would you rather they’d have said ‘We are playing Oxford United when we should be playing Liverpool’? - That would make even less sense surely!
Thanks HY. I couldn't figure out what Essex Yellows was, like, talking about.

The irony is that without liverpools behaviour we would have been in Europe. So it should have been we are behaving like Liverpool but should be like Oxford Utd.

Back
Top Bottom