OUFC Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Jan 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date
And I told you before that you read it wrong! That 'Youth' is in the 'Fee' column. It's saying that the fee is 'youth' because he came from the youth system and didn't have to pay a fee for him. If it was for a Liverpool youth side, it'd say that in the 'club' column. It'd say 'Liverpool U18s' or 'Liverpool U23s'. But it doesn't, because it's the Liverpool first team.

By your logic, if he scored his only goal for Liverpool in the FA Youth Cup, then he scored his Watford goal in the FA £4,000,000 Cup.
I get what you mean but still only 4 goals unless what I posted of google is bollox

All is not well on other social media regarding fans and their thoughts on the how the club is being run

Right one Liverpool youth FA cup goal
One League goal for Sunderland
One FA cup goal for Watford
One s**t trade goal for Sunderland

Right, I'm not going to carry on this pointless conversation, but WTF are you talking about? He scored a goal for the Liverpool first team, in the third round of the FA Cup. OK, it's not a Premiership game, but how the hell is that the "Youth FA Cup"?

Personally I'll wait to see him play before I judge him, but go ahead and write him off if it makes you happy.

One thing that has surprised me today is that Tiger wasn’t in the country today. I know he has other business to deal with but surely the transfer deadline day is 1 day that he should be at the club?
You’re not really surprised though are you?

This guy is not by any way shape or means good for this club. It’s patently obvious. We can tell ourselves things we’d like to believe or give the benefit of the doubt, but quite frankly we need him gone.

We’ve signed a decent forward with plenty to prove on loan and still the whinging continues. Support the lad, support the team and support the club.

And no I’m not being ‘rose tinted,. I’m being fair.

I’m afraid I disagree with this Tim.

I do agree with support the lad, the team and the club, but I think it’s pretty legitimate to be very cynical right now.

He has plenty to prove for the very reason that nobody knows if he’s decent. And that is why people are left yet again frustrated by Tiger. Big promises but very wooly delivery.

It’s all stacking up very negatively. Appropriate challenge and expectation of delivery from the top is just as much a form of support as blind support. Because it shows you want and hope for more from your club.

The striker issue was clear from the beginning of last summer. It has still not been addressed.

Right, I'm not going to carry on this pointless conversation, but WTF are you talking about? He scored a goal for the Liverpool first team, in the third round of the FA Cup. OK, it's not a Premiership game, but how the hell is that the "Youth FA Cup"?

Personally I'll wait to see him play before I judge him, but go ahead and write him off if it makes you happy.
I mis read the youth bit in the game it was stated he was youth so I presumed it was a youth fa cup my bad but the 4 goals scored i I think it’s 42 games as a striker we’re correct, just saying if you can handle that.

I’m afraid I disagree with this Tim.

I do agree with support the lad, the team and the club, but I think it’s pretty legitimate to be very cynical right now.

He has plenty to prove for the very reason that nobody knows if he’s decent. And that is why people are left yet again frustrated by Tiger. Big promises but very wooly delivery.

It’s all stacking up very negatively. Appropriate challenge and expectation of delivery from the top is just as much a form of support as blind support. Because it shows you want and hope for more from your club.

The striker issue was clear from the beginning of last summer. It has still not been addressed.

Always nice to banter with one of the YF cult heroes..

Disagree. How can you say that? All his games to date have been at higher level than league 1.

We’ve also just made 4 signings in the window. Yes, I know 3 are loans but 1 is a great addition to the squad - and as for the others, well, the jury is out. That’s what a measured supporter CAN say in all fairness....the jury’s out,

And Incidentally has Mackie been such a bad signing anyway? Have you watched any of the last 3 league games?

I’m sorry the default for many on here re the squad is negativity. Lately this has been depressing. And unfair.

By all means have a crack at the ‘cash flow’ management of the club ( very concerning), but squad building ? , in this window? No.

A major problem we have, and not the only one, is that what decent player would want to come here, players do not want a relegation on their cv, and we are in a relegation battle
Before Tuesday I would have been happy with 1 point but at 2 nil, we should have seen the game out, those 2 extra points would have given us a little gap, we haven’t strengthened our defence, even though our ‘good’ run, our defence was lucky, a mixture of poor finishing against us and some fortunate luck in defending.
COYYs

I’ll give my bit for what it is worth.
I think Sinclair May well be a great signing for us. Watford must have seen something in him to pay what they did. He has played at a higher level and for us to attract someone like him in the position we are in is very encouraging indeed.
I see him being played tomorrow and coming on in place of Mackie as an impact player.
I actually believe we will win at Burton and Sinclair could well score for us.
We have shipped out a few players that did little for us, and given ourselves some options with new players.
Earlier this season I was hoping for Donald and Charlie to run the show here, but it wasn’t to be. What we see this season is the three clubs in the money occupying top spots and splashing the cash.
I wasn’t expecting promotion this year or even the play offs after Clotet’s reign, rather consolidation. I’m not expecting relegation, and see us finishing 14th or so, which based on our horrendous start wouldn’t be that bad.
Looking at the bottom, I think Wimbledon are almost gone, and Rochdale with their horrendous goal difference are crashing out. We are on the right track and have done well recently.
A lot to be optimistic about

Always nice to banter with one of the YF cult heroes..

Disagree. How can you say that? All his games to date have been at higher level than league 1.

We’ve also just made 4 signings in the window. Yes, I know 3 are loans but 1 is a great addition to the squad - and as for the others, well, the jury is out. That’s what a measured supporter CAN say in all fairness....the jury’s out,

And Incidentally has Mackie been such a bad signing anyway? Have you watched any of the last 3 league games?

I’m sorry the default for many on here re the squad is negativity. Lately this has been depressing. And unfair.

By all means have a crack at the ‘cash flow’ management of the club ( very concerning), but squad building ? , in this window? No.

Tim, we needed to sign a proven reliable striker which we were informed would be addressed, not a player who has yet to prove himself.

We were also led to believe that we would sign 2 strikers, I think within 48hrs, but again this didn’t happen

If we signed Jerome and a proven striker (Vaugh) then I’m sure the fans wouldn’t complain, but now we limp to the end of the season with an unknown which could be very risky.

Money in the club, my a**e.

I know the forum is social media but I passed on what was written on another social media site

It’s all well and good quoting social media bazzer but that first guy is always moaning whatever’s going on! Think he’s smhs or use to be and probably doesn’t even watch the games as more intent on fighting

Tim, we needed to sign a proven reliable striker which we were informed would be addressed, not a player who has yet to prove himself.

We were also led to believe that we would sign 2 strikers, I think within 48hrs, but again this didn’t happen

If we signed Jerome and a proven striker (Vaugh) then I’m sure the fans wouldn’t complain, but now we limp to the end of the season with an unknown which could be very risky.

Money in the club, my a**e.

Exemplifie my earlier point.

How do you know we will ‘limp’ to the end of the season?

Didnt robinson at the start of the season say it was one of the biggest budgets he has worked with? Cant really blame our chairman for not wanting to splash more cash his way. Saying that would rather have gone for a billy kee type player or danny hylton rather than a relatively unproven striker. Still it is what it is lets get behind the boys and push us on to safety.

Back
Top Bottom