OUFC Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Jan 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date
Barring any changes, this is the current squad:

Potential XI: Eastwood; Hanson, Nelson, Dickie, Ruffels; Mousinho, Henry, Brannagan; Whyte, Sinclair, Graham

Potential Subs: Stevens, Garbutt, Kashi, Sykes, Browne, Carruthers, Mackie

Reserves: Shearer, Long, Napa

Injured: Baptiste, Hall, Obika

Whilst it isn't great in depth, it does look strong in quality. If this side escapes any more injuries, I'm confident we can avoid relegation. Also, we're past the worst of everything schedule-wise, we only have two more weekday matches and 2 games in four days over Easter.
I reckon that avoiding injuries is one of the key things for us in the rest of the season.
As you say we have a decent first 11 and with Carruthers, Browne have a couple of quality other players.
Surely we have had our share of injuries this season?

Right this is giving me a headache now.. I missed Robinson’s bit on the radio, are we saying there’s still potentially another player coming in still..?

He said there are no plans for any to go out and while he didn't expect any more to come in, he wouldn't rule it out.

He said there are no plans for any to go out and while he didn't expect any more to come in, he wouldn't rule it out.

We had all that tenuous shenanigans at the end of the last transfer window and nothing happened. I think Robinson just likes to tease ?

Barring any changes, this is the current squad:

Potential XI: Eastwood; Hanson, Nelson, Dickie, Ruffels; Mousinho, Henry, Brannagan; Whyte, Sinclair, Graham

Potential Subs: Stevens, Garbutt, Kashi, Sykes, Browne, Carruthers, Mackie

Reserves: Shearer, Long, Napa

Injured: Baptiste, Hall, Obika

Whilst it isn't great in depth, it does look strong in quality. If this side escapes any more injuries, I'm confident we can avoid relegation. Also, we're past the worst of everything schedule-wise, we only have two more weekday matches and 2 games in four days over Easter.

Switch Long for Garbutt if all fit as that will leave 5 loans in the matchday squad.

1 league goal
1 fa cup goal
1 other cup goal
1 youth goal

Oh come off it Bazzer, a player's record really isn't hard to check:

1 league goal (for Sunderland v Peterborough, 2018)
2 FA Cup goals (for Liverpool v Exeter 2016 and for Watford v Burton 2017)
1 Checkatrade goal (for Sunderland v Notts County, 2018)

Like I said, nothing to write home about, but that's no reason to make stuff up.

What and having a billionaire director sitting on his hands and contributing nothing until some mythical date in April does?

Well, yeh. He’s tied up in Indonesian politics or something till April, as has been mentioned. But our transfer activity tells us nothing about Thohir [emoji1787] get a grip

More from the Ox Mail Blog:

"Meet Jonte Smith. The 24-year-old striker, a Bermudan international, could be United signing No 2.

We understand the U's are interested, but nothing is imminent. If it happens it will go close to the deadline.

Watch this space"

Sorry to say ,we are screwed what a P**s pore window ,Robinson talks so much crap about what is going to happen ,but surprise surprise, nothing ,karl go and take that Philipeno con man with.

More from the Ox Mail Blog:

"Meet Jonte Smith. The 24-year-old striker, a Bermudan international, could be United signing No 2.

We understand the U's are interested, but nothing is imminent. If it happens it will go close to the deadline.

Watch this space"

They've read this place. :)

Oh come off it Bazzer, a player's record really isn't hard to check:

1 league goal (for Sunderland v Peterborough, 2018)
2 FA Cup goals (for Liverpool v Exeter 2016 and for Watford v Burton 2017)
1 Checkatrade goal (for Sunderland v Notts County, 2018)

Like I said, nothing to write home about, but that's no reason to make stuff up.
Just copied what I read on wiki so no stuff made up

There's another cryptic post below on the OM thing, really hope nobody is going out.

Well, yeh. He’s tied up in Indonesian politics or something till April, as has been mentioned. But our transfer activity tells us nothing about Thohir [emoji1787] get a grip
You’ve definitely heard something then? Thohirs taking over in April? I would’ve thought he would be feeding some of his billions into the club to ensure league 1 survival before the window shut. We’ll see I guess but I bloody hope you’re right!

More from the Ox Mail Blog (who yes may be reading this - if not for information, at least for some amusement):

7:12pm

If they can get a deal done (and at this stage it doesn't feel like more than a 50/50 shot) it would be a fairly low risk signing.
There's a four-division jump to cope with, but a relatively low commitment financially means any impact he made would be a bonus.
7:09pm

Jonte Smith's had an interesting career.
Born in Bermuda, for whom he has scored twice in nine senior appearances, he has played in League One before with Crawley Town in 2012/13.
The striker only made four appearances, without scoring, for the Sussex club and has played for a variety of non-league sides since.
He's also had spells in Finland and Norway, before joining Lewes in 2016.
Smith scored 20 goals for the Rooks last season and spent time on trial with Swindon Town this season.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Would have loved Hylton, Vaughan, McNulty etc but Sinclair must have something about him if Watford paid £4m for him 2 years ago.

Let’s not forget all the hype about Smith & Garbutt and we all know how they’ve turned out. Time for a reality check, we’re lucky we’re getting anyone with the league position we are in!

Time to get behind KR and the lads, recent performances haven’t been bad against some of the better teams in the league.

Just heard kr is trying to get it over the line, but the agent is pushing a little too hard atm. BUT....still 3 and a half hours to get it done.

Back
Top Bottom