New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

In terms of the delay to the Heads of Terms for the lease agreement, the following excerpt from the minutes of the Cabinet meeting in September 2023 when it was agreed to lease the Triangle, it is quite clear which councillor has the responsibility for any delays.

(d) Delegate authority to the Director of Finance, in consultation with the Chief Executive and the Cabinet Member for Finance and Property, to negotiate and agree the final heads of terms(e) Delegate authority to the Director of Finance, in consultation with the Head of Legal and Deputy Monitoring Officer, to conclude negotiations with the club and complete all necessary legal documentation for the leasehold disposal(f) Delegate authority to the Cabinet Member for Finance and Property, in consultation with the Director of Finance, to write to the club to outline requirements relating to the net zero carbon plan, a clear and detailed set of proposals and details of the restrictive covenants set out in (c) above.

The director of Finance was, at the time of the decision made to lease the Triangle, one Calum Miller Lib Dem member for the Otmor district. Now selected as prospective LibDem MP for the new Bicester and Woodstock constituency.

Dan Levy is the current Member for Finance & Property having replaced Miller. However, it is still Miller that is the driving force behind the delays. The recent report in Oxfordshire Independent made this clear. Both councillors are LibDem members. Why they are delaying the process is not clear but, Miller has made it abundantly clear that he is opposed to the stadium. I would suggest that this needs to be highlighted as interference in the already agreed process. He, Miller, is no longer Member for Finance & Property and therefore, as per the Cabinet Minutes, no longer the delegated authority for any decisions.
Miller needs to be very careful, he won’t be getting elected in Bicester doing that. Maybe he doesn’t care. But vote Labour, Victoria Oakeshott has already been more positive about the club in 5 minutes than miller in 2 years. Miller needs to be kept out of this constituency at all costs. He’s a snake in plain sight.

Ahhh dr Webb of Friends of lye valley.
Well there's no such place as lye valley, it's the name of a road in an area that is properly called bullingdon.Hence bullingdon community centre in Peat moors the proper name is bullingdon bogs. The over man management of it is overkill hacked down all the reeds, cut bushes down ,& trees . Built a boardwalk through it. . mmmmm it was better when it was my play ground when I was a kid & my walk on the way home from school. Left alone wild & nature to do it's own thing .yeah real friends....
Lyehill Quarry is on the edge of Wheatley, just outside Forest Hill, alongside the A40 dual carriageway- half of it ( bisected by the road from Forest Hill to A40 is/was a car compound for (I think) BMW, the other half is Trees, and mud and rocks. Often youngsters on Trial 'bikes, MotoX 'bikes and similar are batting about in there ( probably illegally, but having a bit of fun)

Miller needs to be very careful, he won’t be getting elected in Bicester doing that. Maybe he doesn’t care. But vote Labour, Victoria Oakeshott has already been more positive about the club in 5 minutes than miller in 2 years. Miller needs to be kept out of this constituency at all costs. He’s a snake in plain sight.
Who does Miller think he is? Swoops into Oxfordshire, starts wagging his finger at OUFC and gets in bed with FoSB.

Snake in plain sight indeed.

Hate to say it but same vote the Tories as in the last administer when CLLr Hudspeth was leader of the Oxfordshire county council he and the council were quite supportive of OUFC and looking for a new ground

Ahhh dr Webb of Friends of lye valley.
Well there's no such place as lye valley, it's the name of a road in an area that is properly called bullingdon.Hence bullingdon community centre in Peat moors the proper name is bullingdon bogs. The over man management of it is overkill hacked down all the reeds, cut bushes down ,& trees . Built a boardwalk through it. . mmmmm it was better when it was my play ground when I was a kid & my walk on the way home from school. Left alone wild & nature to do it's own thing .yeah real friends....

Lye Valley is the nature reserve behind Warren Crescent and Peat Moors. I remember them trying to stop the building of Oxford city council homes on wasteland off Warren Crescent a couple of years back. Similar claims that the construction will have a negative affect on the nature reserve. The homes have been built and the nature reserve remained untouched.

Whilst canvassing in Bicester,councillor Miller knocked the door of a good friend and fellow supporter.
Miller is most definitely AGAINST the stadium.
He never wanted it anywhere in Kidlington and still thinks we should find another site !

Whilst canvassing in Bicester,councillor Miller knocked the door of a good friend and fellow supporter.
Miller is most definitely AGAINST the stadium.
He never wanted it anywhere in Kidlington and still thinks we should find another site !
I hope your good friend told him where to go.

Did councillor Miller suggest another site?

Email to OCC is a good start.

This is the text that I sent on Thursday. Other than two automated responses, no reply so far but, it is Easter and I wouldn't expect an immediate response.

My wife and I wrote to you all in September of last year prior to the Cabinet decision to lease land at Frieze Way to OUFC for the purpose of building a new home for the club. We were very happy with the decision made at that time and greatly relieved that progress was being made and equally grateful towards all involved for the wisdom and foresight shown. Since then, an application for planning has been submitted and many favourable comments left on the application website.

Along the way there has been discussion of road closures, traffic management, a bridge, or not, and some rather disingenuous campaigning by some who would, apparently, do, and say, anything to prevent the stadium project going ahead in their own, or anyone else’s neighbourhood.

Today, via the BBC, we hear that the “heads of terms” for the lease agreement have still not been agreed. Whilst this is not a legally binding document, it is, nonetheless a vital step forward in the process. We are mystified as to the reasons for this. It is not for us to suggest why this delay is happening nor, would it be appropriate to speculate in public but, the question remains, why?

We implore you all to take the morally right step in this process and not prevaricate any further. It is our resolute belief that everything has been done to meet all the criteria originally placed on the decision to lease. The club have submitted planning application for a fantastic and innovative development met with enthusiasm by the majority.

Thank you for your time.

Email addresses of OCC:
'liz.leffman@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'liz.brighouse@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'glynis.phillips@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'pete.sudbury@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'tim.bearder@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'duncan.enright@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'calum.miller@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'jenny.hannaby@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'mark.lygo@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'andrew.gant@oxfordshire.gov.uk'

I also CC'd my local councillor as a courtesy. The list above is of the Cabinet who were the deciding body at the time of the initial decision.
emailed the entire cabinet and CCd my county councillor

Lyehill Quarry is on the edge of Wheatley, just outside Forest Hill, alongside the A40 dual carriageway- half of it ( bisected by the road from Forest Hill to A40 is/was a car compound for (I think) BMW, the other half is Trees, and mud and rocks. Often youngsters on Trial 'bikes, MotoX 'bikes and similar are batting about in there ( probably illegally, but having a bit of fun)
Haha I remember the car compound originally for rover if memory serves,& a few raves, went with my mates to them & scrambling..

Hard to tell how the election result would turn out as it's a new constituency. Currently, Bicester comes under the Banbury area and the MP is Victoria Prentis - Conservative She polled more than half of those who voted with Tim Bearder (LibDem) and one Ian Middleton coming a distant third and fourth respectively. The Labour candidate was Suzette Watson with around a quarter of the votes. Kidlington is currently part of Oxford West & Abingdon with Layla Moran as MP (LibDem) Then throw in the mix of Witney & West Oxfordshire - Robert Courts (Conservative) and we can all see the conundrum!
At a guess, I would say that his chances are going to depend more on national politics than local issues but, he won't be helping himself if the club do not get the lease sorted in time. Even less so when the national press get hold of the story!

Big question - will FoSB have the cheek to go running to the Oxford Fail with the fake independent biodiversity report?

Fosb do talk rubbish I read the nextdoor stories but I try not to respond anymore I just can't be bothered the oufc fans on there who keep responding are doing a great job.

Hard to tell how the election result would turn out as it's a new constituency. Currently, Bicester comes under the Banbury area and the MP is Victoria Prentis - Conservative She polled more than half of those who voted with Tim Bearder (LibDem) and one Ian Middleton coming a distant third and fourth respectively. The Labour candidate was Suzette Watson with around a quarter of the votes. Kidlington is currently part of Oxford West & Abingdon with Layla Moran as MP (LibDem) Then throw in the mix of Witney & West Oxfordshire - Robert Courts (Conservative) and we can all see the conundrum!
At a guess, I would say that his chances are going to depend more on national politics than local issues but, he won't be helping himself if the club do not get the lease sorted in time. Even less so when the national press get hold of the story!
I think the new North Oxfordshire seat will be close as this election Labour have a better candidate than last time. He is/was the Labour leader for Cherwell and has said the Labour Party locally are in favour and I know the Conservatives locally are in favour also.

Back
Top Bottom