New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

This had got me thinking is there away of getting to the East side of Stratfield Field Brake woods last time I went in there was many years ago working for a local gamekeeper helping on a shot this was about 40 years ago.

This had got me thinking is there away of getting to the East side of Stratfield Field Brake woods last time I went in there was many years ago working for a local gamekeeper helping on a shot this was about 40 years ago.
Only if you jump the fence on Oxford RD side. Freize way would be the same. Not so sure about the other side of the diamond.

You've got to laugh at the Foolish Oxford Snobs and Busybodies and their associates, at the same time they are banging on about wildlife and biodiversity, they are advocating private car usage.

Why can't they just give up this silly act and just say "we just don't like football" ?

Walked my dog on Stratfield Brake this morning and went hunting for Bluebells I can confirm there are no Bluebells at Stratfield Brake because it's to early for them.
Late April is the usual time for bluebells to appear according to the folk who look after Harcourt Arboretum but this is gradually getting earlier with climate change.

I think we should look at planting some daffodils and bluebells at the triangle, nice bit of yellow and blue to welcome all visitors.
Might be wiser to consult someone who knows flowers? Bluebells are protected and obtaining bulbs just a tad tricky! See my post above. ;)

Apologies in advance for long post!

The simple fact is that FoSB are promoting an "independent" ecological report based on woodland to the south of the site that will be untouched. So bluebells or no bluebells are irrelevant.

They will also claim that the stadium development will block the "wildlife corridor" between other woodland sites, but this is also nonsense. This woodland was once split by the creation of Frieze Way but both areas continue to thrive. As Jurassic Park tells us, "nature finds a way".

Remember that the stadium site will have to, by law, enhance biodiversity. Therefore any impact on the site (and there will of course be some) must be offset. The development of green spaces, a biodiverse roofspace, planting of trees, wildflower meadows etc, all of this will have a net gain to the actual triangle space whilst also protecting the woodland around it.

If FoSB want to play the ecology card, then let them because this stadium project trumps them at every stage.

Equally, talk of parking on Frieze Way, or as McIvor has now stated, "FACT - coaches will unload on Frieze Way". This is evidentially nonsense. The only way that any vehicle will unload on Frieze Way will be if a dedicated lay-by in created, and that has only be mooted as a possibility.

Or the implication that Oxford United deliberately avoided using the traffic modelling software that is now preferred. The LPA at CDC makes it absolutely clear that the documents submitted meet the national requirements.

Or the "smoking gun" of an email from Kassam that somehow implies that Oxford could happily remain at the current stadium beyond 2026. Yer this has been dismissed by all authorities who have seen the actual documents and has passed through various legal teams already, which have all validated the clubs claims.

Make no mistake, FoSB and famously neutral councillors are working together to try to muddy every aspect of this application so they can somehow claim that due process wasn't carried out and they can ask for a review on that basis.

The fact that all of this has been playing out in public for months and the club have not countered anything shows to me that they know that it is nonsense and they are best ignoring it.

However, they have publicly questioned the delays in OCC agreeing Heads of Terms in regard to the leasing of the land, and consequently that is where I think we should direct our energy.

@Manorlounger posted an excellent email sent to the relevant councillors and I would encourage others to do the same whilst also copying in your local councillor where appropriate. Please do not do so in a way that is unnecessarily confrontational or personal, but simply reinforcing how important the stadium project is to you and why its important that OCC continue to support this. With elections coming up, it's important that those involved in this know that their actions are seen and impact public opinion.

Without making it overly political, my personal opinion is that the Lib Dems and Cllr Miller know that Tory support is falling and think that they will gain votes simply because they are Tories and rural Oxfordshire never votes Labour. We need everyone to understand that we expect people to work hard for our votes and listen to all of us, and that the outcome of the stadium project matters to tens of thousands of their constituents.

I believe that now is the time to ignore FoSB's nonsense, and push every single one of us into supporting the planning application and mobilising our political representatives to make this happen.

Readily available online, I think: https://www.wildwoodbluebells.co.uk/bluebell-bulbs.php (for example) (although not in stock as the 'harvest' isn't until later in the year)
That's surprising but welcome in some aspects. I wonder where the bulbs come from though? Natural habitat is woodland, the older the better.
Irrespective of that, the woodlands closest to the Triangle are not at any risk from the stadium development as mentioned above.

i have found something from the planning application that will make you all chuckle ive passed it on to @Sarge firstly once hes seen it ill post it up on here 🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom