New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Yes brasenose woods or boars hill.
I walked through Stratfield brake west only
Just over a week ago, I definitely wouldn't of missed a carpet of bluebells. So in fact I can't recall bluebells in 13 years of walking around Stratfield brake, but I can with brasenose & boars hill. Magically stratfied brake east is full of them though ??? What a coincidence...
FoSB publishing false information? Well I'm shocked.

The fake biodiversity must be no where near the planning portal. It's misinformation.

The Heads of Terms is a worrying situation. Not least because it appears certain Lib Dem/ Green Councillors are dragging their heels or even worse doing their best to scupper the whole thing.
With the local elections just over a month away ,Is it worth looking into another leaflet drop in the Kidlington area.

This time saying The Lib Dem’s and Greens are killing our football club, just this once although it might go against your normal principals, vote for those who are in favour of the stadium.

I tried to ring Radox after the game yesterday to make this point but I was too late to get on.

Will try again next week as I’m not around on Monday, but if anyone else feels they can ring in @bazzer9461 ? please do.
The future of our football club is at stake here.

We have to be careful not to be seen to play politics in the clubs name, even if only countering other nonsense being presented.

We have two separate issues at the moment. The planning application through CDC, which is looking increasingly positive. And the lease agreement with OCC which the club have highlighted and will leave certainly councillors exposed if the situation continues.

Right now, my advice would be to complete a positive response via the planning portal and encourage others to do the same. And to email your OCC councillor to ask why the HoT has not been completed and to push them into making a positive interaction to resolve this.

Yes brasenose woods or boars hill.
I walked through Stratfield brake west only
Just over a week ago, I definitely wouldn't of missed a carpet of bluebells. So in fact I can't recall bluebells in 13 years of walking around Stratfield brake, but I can with brasenose & boars hill. Magically stratfied brake east is full of them though ??? What a coincidence...
Just to point out bluebells flower in late march to may our ecology expert from fosb went to site on these dates so how did she see them Screenshot_2024-03-30-11-22-43-85_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

We have to be careful not to be seen to play politics in the clubs name, even if only countering other nonsense being presented.

We have two separate issues at the moment. The planning application through CDC, which is looking increasingly positive. And the lease agreement with OCC which the club have highlighted and will leave certainly councillors exposed if the situation continues.

Right now, my advice would be to complete a positive response via the planning portal and encourage others to do the same. And to email your OCC councillor to ask why the HoT has not been completed and to push them into making a positive interaction to resolve this.
emailed my County Councillor the other day ( who is a lib dem/ green alliance councillor) - automated reply so far

lack of proper reply kinda feeds concerns that Lib Dem/ Green councillors appear to be holding things up re heads of Terms

Email to OCC is a good start.

This is the text that I sent on Thursday. Other than two automated responses, no reply so far but, it is Easter and I wouldn't expect an immediate response.

My wife and I wrote to you all in September of last year prior to the Cabinet decision to lease land at Frieze Way to OUFC for the purpose of building a new home for the club. We were very happy with the decision made at that time and greatly relieved that progress was being made and equally grateful towards all involved for the wisdom and foresight shown. Since then, an application for planning has been submitted and many favourable comments left on the application website.

Along the way there has been discussion of road closures, traffic management, a bridge, or not, and some rather disingenuous campaigning by some who would, apparently, do, and say, anything to prevent the stadium project going ahead in their own, or anyone else’s neighbourhood.

Today, via the BBC, we hear that the “heads of terms” for the lease agreement have still not been agreed. Whilst this is not a legally binding document, it is, nonetheless a vital step forward in the process. We are mystified as to the reasons for this. It is not for us to suggest why this delay is happening nor, would it be appropriate to speculate in public but, the question remains, why?

We implore you all to take the morally right step in this process and not prevaricate any further. It is our resolute belief that everything has been done to meet all the criteria originally placed on the decision to lease. The club have submitted planning application for a fantastic and innovative development met with enthusiasm by the majority.

Thank you for your time.

Email addresses of OCC:
'liz.leffman@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'liz.brighouse@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'glynis.phillips@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'pete.sudbury@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'tim.bearder@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'duncan.enright@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'calum.miller@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'jenny.hannaby@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'mark.lygo@oxfordshire.gov.uk'; 'andrew.gant@oxfordshire.gov.uk'

I also CC'd my local councillor as a courtesy. The list above is of the Cabinet who were the deciding body at the time of the initial decision.

emailed my County Councillor the other day ( who is a lib dem/ green alliance councillor) - automated reply so far

lack of proper reply kinda feeds concerns that Lib Dem/ Green councillors appear to be holding things up re heads of Terms
The automatic reply might just be there for the Easter break. I have switched mine on at work.

In terms of the delay to the Heads of Terms for the lease agreement, the following excerpt from the minutes of the Cabinet meeting in September 2023 when it was agreed to lease the Triangle, it is quite clear which councillor has the responsibility for any delays.

(d) Delegate authority to the Director of Finance, in consultation with the Chief Executive and the Cabinet Member for Finance and Property, to negotiate and agree the final heads of terms(e) Delegate authority to the Director of Finance, in consultation with the Head of Legal and Deputy Monitoring Officer, to conclude negotiations with the club and complete all necessary legal documentation for the leasehold disposal(f) Delegate authority to the Cabinet Member for Finance and Property, in consultation with the Director of Finance, to write to the club to outline requirements relating to the net zero carbon plan, a clear and detailed set of proposals and details of the restrictive covenants set out in (c) above.

The director of Finance was, at the time of the decision made to lease the Triangle, one Calum Miller Lib Dem member for the Otmor district. Now selected as prospective LibDem MP for the new Bicester and Woodstock constituency.

Dan Levy is the current Member for Finance & Property having replaced Miller. However, it is still Miller that is the driving force behind the delays. The recent report in Oxfordshire Independent made this clear. Both councillors are LibDem members. Why they are delaying the process is not clear but, Miller has made it abundantly clear that he is opposed to the stadium. I would suggest that this needs to be highlighted as interference in the already agreed process. He, Miller, is no longer Member for Finance & Property and therefore, as per the Cabinet Minutes, no longer the delegated authority for any decisions.

I believe that FoSB are using images from Stratfield Brake East woodland, which borders The Triangle to deliberately mislead people. It won’t matter to their members who will just slavishly like and share any post they write (I suspect they don’t really even read them). Their view seems to be that all the flora and fauna within that strip of woodland will be destroyed by the development, even though OUFC has specifically committed to a buffer to ensure that the woodland is unaffected.

Today, they are claiming that the process is delayed by 3 months + 30 days due to the new requirements around traffic surveying and that OUFC has deliberately misled the public and wasted their time. They make this claim by presenting an email from CDC as the source. Of course the email states no such thing and goes on to say that what OUFC has submitted is perfectly valid and that the delay was outside of OUFC’s control.
It’s just further examples of deliberate misinformation presented as fact.

FoSB - Mendacium pluris quam veritas

I believe that FoSB are using images from Stratfield Brake East woodland, which borders The Triangle to deliberately mislead people. It won’t matter to their members who will just slavishly like and share any post they write (I suspect they don’t really even read them). Their view seems to be that all the flora and fauna within that strip of woodland will be destroyed by the development, even though OUFC has specifically committed to a buffer to ensure that the woodland is unaffected.

Today, they are claiming that the process is delayed by 3 months + 30 days due to the new requirements around traffic surveying and that OUFC has deliberately misled the public and wasted their time. They make this claim by presenting an email from CDC as the source. Of course the email states no such thing and goes on to say that what OUFC has submitted is perfectly valid and that the delay was outside of OUFC’s control.

Their game is to try and delay the stadium beyond 2026 in the hope that the club fold or have to try and stay on at the Kassam stadium. They can then claim we don't have to move.

I pointed this out to them about the so called 3 months delay they don't get it at all. and guess who called for this extra modeling

They've got form with these "explosive" emails. The one from FK proved absolutely nothing.

They are masters of misinformation.

Ahhh dr Webb of Friends of lye valley.
Well there's no such place as lye valley, it's the name of a road in an area that is properly called bullingdon.Hence bullingdon community centre in Peat moors the proper name is bullingdon bogs. The over man management of it is overkill hacked down all the reeds, cut bushes down ,& trees . Built a boardwalk through it. . mmmmm it was better when it was my play ground when I was a kid & my walk on the way home from school. Left alone wild & nature to do it's own thing .yeah real friends....

Back
Top Bottom