General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Callum Millers team were going to update the cabinet in February on how the talks were going
The next cabinet meeting is today 14:00. The agenda for today does not include any mention of reports following last months meeting. The minutes of last months meeting are available here

The next cabinet meeting is today 14:00. The agenda for today does not include any mention of reports following last months meeting. The minutes of last months meeting are available here
Nothing on agenda, might be something in questions from Councillors which are not listed. Is on stream if anyone is interested

The picture of the Stratfield Brake Woodland Trust land, which was never part of any proposal, is extremely misleading. Stratfield Brake has been saved from development.

Screenshot_20230221_120040_Facebook.jpg

A rather self-promoting website article from Cllr Middleton:

The picture of the Stratfield Brake Woodland Trust land, which was never part of any proposal, is extremely misleading. Stratfield Brake has been saved from development.

View attachment 12246

Well of course it's self promoting he's now a career politician, and the pitch is for the upcoming local elections. He's standing for KPC and CDC and according to the first green leaflet of the season his wife Fiona Mawson is standing for the parish, she was coopted before I understand.

No one has suggested the owners want us relegated, I said they aren't alarmed at the prospect which to be honest is hard to argue against currently.

The on the field issues are just as important as the stadium, the owners/board need to be more transparent on both cases.
Somebody implied that the owners want us relegated.
The comments are becoming more extreme

I will miss these wallys when we have our new stadium I think they should be half time entertainment we could chuck wet sponge's at them

Everyone already knows what a 'referendum of Kidlington' (so Ms McIvor can't take part) will return. It will return 75% against the stadium, 25% for the stadium, a turnout of 5% voting. And then the antis would take that as some sort of justification that the stadium isn't wanted, despite 95% of the population of Kidlington not being arsed to vote one way or the other.

Somebody implied that the owners want us relegated.
The comments are becoming more extreme
I agree.
We all need to temper our language and stick to facts, not wild conjecture and speculation.
This is then, often picked upon by our opponents and used to sew even more negativity, against a new stadium.

View attachment 12246

What a shock, he agreed with himself.

Agree things have gone a bit quiet, not getting much traction in this thread recently, ahead of the CDC elections in May: https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/cherwell-district-council-cdc-elections-4-may-2023.9041/

It does feel like the malaise on the pitch is generally demotivating, but it is really important we get organised ahead of the elections. Please do direct others towards this thread so that we can get a YF member assigned to each ward and ready to lobby well ahead of 4 May!

How did FoSB get access to an OCC internal email? Do OCC have a leak?

If the stadium isn't built it'll be a scandal.

Screenshot_20230221_140407_Facebook.jpg
FB_IMG_1677020580133.jpg

Irrelevant now as SB is no longer an option but a worrying leak nonetheless.

I honestly wouldn't be too worried about not having heard anything about the lease negotiations just yet. These things take ages. See this from my earlier post.

Negotiations on securing a lease - a guess of 6-8 months, really depends on how similar the club and council's ideas are for how this lease will work and how much it will cost - if both parties are in close agreement from the outset, it might be much quicker
  • County council officers draw up draft lease (probably several weeks)
  • Club reviews and then negotiates aspects of the terms with officers - this can take several months. I've seen negotiating meetings that take two weeks to organise spend an hour going through one aspect of the terms, and then people have to go away and discuss the outcomes with their bosses/the senior councillors.
  • When club and officers are happy it would have to go through the council's internal sign off process before being put to Cabinet - this alone could take a month or two

Key decision points are:
  • County Council's Cabinet deciding whether or not to approve the agreed lease. At a guess this will be in the autumn or winter of this year, all being well. It might be that it's rejected and the Cabinet requests that changes are made. This could lengthen the process by a few months. However, I think the county will be careful to ensure they don't take it to Cabinet until it's likely to be approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom