General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent 1. Unpublished. He e mailed me asking where I lived. Somewhat irrelelvant as I was , from personal experience, extolling the potential school and community benefits the stadium would bring to that area.

I mentioned this and Bazzers will go in on Tuesday.
So hopefully 2-0 up early doors next week. If only we could do that Saturday
Sorry didn’t know that Sarge otherwise I would have mentioned that as well
Im kinda expecting Cllr Middleton and Suzanne McIvor to both 'respond' to Ropers letter - which was basically an invitation to both of them to do exactly that

Im kinda expecting Cllr Middleton and Suzanne McIvor to both 'respond' to Ropers letter - which was basically an invitation to both of them to do exactly that
I think it's anti solar farm weekend this weekend, what with that and the railway cutting collapse outside Yarnton I think everyone's busy. Were probably going to get a friend's of the A4260 fields at any moment.
Edit:
No they are called this.
©2023 STOP BOTLEY WEST ACTION GROUP | https://stopbotleywest.com

Last edited:
I sent 1. Unpublished. He e mailed me asking where I lived. Somewhat irrelelvant as I was , from personal experience, extolling the potential school and community benefits the stadium would bring to that area.
They always ask you where you live I suppose it’s to do with the demographics of the area you live in.

I think it's anti solar farm weekend this weekend, what with that and the railway cutting collapse outside Yarnton I think everyone's busy. Were probably going to get a friend's of the A4260 fields at any moment.
Edit:
No they are called this.
[emoji2398]2023 STOP BOTLEY WEST ACTION GROUP | https://stopbotleywest.com
The roof of a new football stadium is a perfect place for solar panels.
As would be a large nearby car park.

The roof of a new football stadium is a perfect place for solar panels.
As would be a large nearby car park.
I made this very point to Victoria Campbell of FOSB regarding our intention to do so at the new stadium.

Her response? "I'd rather you just put them on the roof of the existing stadium, if you want to be sustainable."

These people are not interested in hearing ANYTHING positive that we say about the new stadium!

I made this very point to Victoria Campbell of FOSB regarding our intention to do so at the new stadium.

Her response? "I'd rather you just put them on the roof of the existing stadium, if you want to be sustainable."

These people are not interested in hearing ANYTHING positive that we say about the new stadium!

It’s not what happens to these people, it’s where it happens and that isn’t allowed to be anywhere near them, we could boil babies alive in great numbers 20 miles away and they wouldn’t give a s**t, but if me and you fancied a game of beach volleyball at Cutteslowe Park this afternoon then it’s then end of the world and needs to be stopped whatever the cost.

They are without reason, subjectivity or even morals in their attempts to live in some sort of bubble completely unaffected by others.

It’s not what happens to these people, it’s where it happens and that isn’t allowed to be anywhere near them, we could boil babies alive in great numbers 20 miles away and they wouldn’t give a s**t, but if me and you fancied a game of beach volleyball at Cutteslowe Park this afternoon then it’s then end of the world and needs to be stopped whatever the cost.

They are without reason, subjectivity or even morals in their attempts to live in some sort of bubble completely unaffected by others.
As I have said to Suzanne Mc Ivor and others I would have far more respect if they just said

We oppose the stadium because it’s too close to where I live

As I have said to Suzanne Mc Ivor and others I would have far more respect if they just said

We oppose the stadium because it’s too close to where I live
But that’s not a reason to not have it built. They come up with this green environmentally friendly stuff even if the ground is built on land that is of no use for anything else. It’s not walked on, nothing is planted or grown there. The stadium will have solar panels all around the top of the stadium. At least I think that’s what the original plan was. It will be built from materials with the environment at its core. Something Anindya Bakrie is very passionate about.

The plans for the stadium to be environmentally friendly will blow this people out of the water & then the only comeback they will have is that they don’t want it built there. This revealing their true intentions.

But that’s not a reason to not have it built. They come up with this green environmentally friendly stuff even if the ground is built on land that is of no use for anything else. It’s not walked on, nothing is planted or grown there. The stadium will have solar panels all around the top of the stadium. At least I think that’s what the original plan was. It will be built from materials with the environment at its core. Something Anindya Bakrie is very passionate about.

The plans for the stadium to be environmentally friendly will blow this people out of the water & then the only comeback they will have is that they don’t want it built there. This revealing their true intentions.
the vast majority of vociferous opponents to the stadium relocating have a long history of opposing- well, just about anything and everything - KDW, CDW, FoSB , plus various residents associations consist, in the main, of the same people ....

download.jpg

I went past the Triangle yesterday for the first time in ages and am shocked at actually how small the area is. Feels like a last choice but only choice given the timescales. There must be more to it than meets the eye, I can see no great investment opportunity for our owners to be excited about. Unless they have a side deal for a commercial development somewhere else in the City I'm not sure how the finances will work. Would be pleased to be proved wrong, but I am a bit worried having seen the actual site now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom