General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my view, the decision to enter into negotiations is a green light - we've got a lease, we're just arguing about the cost. Planning can be submitted while these discussions take place.
I would have liked to see the council within 6 months given the green light to put a planning application in.
In my opinion I think the OCC have wasted almost a year since OUFC made it known we were looking at Stratfield Brake.

In my view, the decision to enter into negotiations is a green light - we've got a lease, we're just arguing about the cost. Planning can be submitted while these discussions take place.
I tend to agree that the barrier isn't the county really; I think they'll ultimately agree the lease. I think for the sake of diplomacy during the negotiations, the club wouldn't put an application until the lease is signed, and I would imagine the timeline for those two things is roughly the same anyway. I think they'd probably only jump the gun on the application if the lease negotiations were taking too long.

I tend to agree that the barrier isn't the county really; I think they'll ultimately agree the lease. I think for the sake of diplomacy during the negotiations, the club wouldn't put an application until the lease is signed, and I would imagine the timeline for those two things is roughly the same anyway. I think they'd probably only jump the gun on the application if the lease negotiations were taking too long.
That could get held up by the likes of Middleton.

Key decision points are:
  • County Council's Cabinet deciding whether or not to approve the agreed lease. At a guess this will be in the autumn or winter of this year, all being well. It might be that it's rejected and the Cabinet requests that changes are made. This could lengthen the process by a few months. However, I think the county will be careful to ensure they don't take it to Cabinet until it's likely to be approved.
  • The Cherwell District Council planning officer's recommendation. This is key. If they recommend for approval, it means they're happy that on purely planning grounds, it's an acceptable proposal. That means the Planning Committee will mainly be considering wider aspects, like the impact on local people, the principle of building on the green belt, the wider contribution the club will make to the local community etc. If the planning officer recommends for rejection, it's difficult to see it being approved by anything other than an incredibly pro-OUFC Planning Committee. At a guess, the planning officer's recommendation will be known late 2024, early 2025.
  • The Planning Committee will take place about a week after the planning officer's recommendation is published, so probably early 2025.
Thank you for that

Update issued today by FoSB:

Screenshot_20230129_171214_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230129_171235_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230129_171252_Samsung Internet.jpg

KPC documents: http://www.kidlington-pc.gov.uk/_UserFiles/Files/_Other/157149-26_January_2023.zip

It's fair to say there is a closer working relationship between KPC and FoSB than KPC and OUFC. For KPC to really claim neutrality Robey, Middleton and Ward should resign and KPC should resolve to spend the amount of time with both OUFC and FoSB. By that I mean over a week if they have a hour long meeting/call with FoSB then they need to have a hour long call/meeting with OUFC. If they reply to emails then the same amout of time should spent replying to the other parties emails. This should be proposed and accepted at the next KPC meeting for them to really claim to be neutral and impartial and represent the best interests of Kidlington residents. Their very public posts and TV appearance may have already cost Kidlington privately funded improved facilities.

Last edited:
Whilst out at a park this afternoon we happened to end up sharing a ball court with another dad and his sons. Anyway it turned out that one of them played against Kidlington Youth at Stratford Brake yesterday morning. I asked what the pitches were like and he said boggy. I explained about what OUFC would like to do around there and he commented what a good thing it would be. Also he commented about the amount of things our players do at his son’s primary school and in particular Simon Eastwood.

Last edited:

Update issued today by FoSB:

View attachment 11924View attachment 11925View attachment 11926

KPC documents: http://www.kidlington-pc.gov.uk/_UserFiles/Files/_Other/157149-26_January_2023.zip

It's fair to say there is a closer working relationship between KPC and FoSB than KPC and OUFC. For KPC to really claim neutrality Robey, Middleton and Ward should resign and KPC should resolve to spend the amount of time with both OUFC and FoSB. By that I mean over a week if they have a hour long meeting/call with FoSB then they need to have a hour long call/meeting with OUFC. If they reply to emails then the same amout of time should spent replying to the other parties emails. This should be proposed and accepted at the next KPC meeting for them to really claim to be neutral and impartial and represent the best interests of Kidlington residents. Their very public posts and TV appearance may have already cost Kidlington privately funded improved facilities.
Well I hope any Kidlington Yellows are getting the 30th March 7.30 pm Exeter Hall, firmly in their diary. I will try and issue regular reminders, unless that's over the top. Let me know if it is, I not out to upset anyone

Dear FoSB,

As a Kidlington resident (not Summertown) I would like my local opinion to be heard.

I WANT THE STADIUM BUILT!
AND I WANT ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES!

Thank you for listening
Well that's the opening ceremony sorted out then, just for you.

TimelyShallowHen-max-14mb.gif

Yes sent a letter well two actually one on the 9th countering Steve Fishers allegations that we wanted the triangle so we could build 159 houses on SB, also sent one on the 18th complaining that 4 letters in two weeks prior the council meeting that were so negative and no positive letters printed in reply.

Funny you mention elections. His Cherwell seat is up this year. Looking back to the last election, he won his seat by 73 votes. Turnout was 38.24%. With even a half-decent organized campaign against him, he is very vulnerable. Last election only 1 in 7 people eligible voted for him. Hopefully we can come together so Kidlington gets better representation and an obstacle from CDC planning committee can be removed.

This

When is the election ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom