General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
heres Mr Fisher's latest proclamation n demands, via the View attachment 11945platform provided by Oxford Mail.....
to counter his self righteous blustering, the Triangle is owned By Oxford county council, therefore all county council residents ( democratically) have a say. Which is exactly what happened with the county council consultation last year on SB sports ground, which included The Triangle, as part of the County council land 'we' have already been consulted on.

The Local Government Act allows a council to dispose of any land it owns in any manner it wishes provided they get the "best consideration" that can reasonably be expected, but if the disposal will contribute to the promotion or improvement of the economic, social or environmental well-being of its area, it does not even need to achieve that.

There is no obligation to consult residents or put it out to tender as was also suggested.

to counter his self righteous blustering, the Triangle is owned By Oxford county council, therefore all county council residents ( democratically) have a say. Which is exactly what happened with the county council consultation last year on SB sports ground, which included The Triangle, as part of the County council land 'we' have already been consulted on.
Well that will be the basis of your letter to the Oxford Mail then Sarge. See if you can secretly drop in a few Northern Soul titles into the text as well...

Well that will be the basis of your letter to the Oxford Mail then Sarge. See if you can secretly drop in a few Northern Soul titles into the text as well...
got a deadline to reach over the next few days- Im taking a few hours off tomorrow eve already- wont have time till at least the weekend. Hopefully someone else can oblige

though if there's still anti stadium letters going into the OM next week, I may accept your challenge ;-)

The Local Government Act allows a council to dispose of any land it owns in any manner it wishes provided they get the "best consideration" that can reasonably be expected, but if the disposal will contribute to the promotion or improvement of the economic, social or environmental well-being of its area, it does not even need to achieve that.

There is no obligation to consult residents or put it out to tender as was also suggested.
They're not even selling the land just leasing it out.

Just had a reply from my e mail to Layla Moran where I accused her of being bias towards the anti stadium brigade.

She dodged my accusation like any politician worth their salt but went on to give a fairly balanced view about consultations and voices being heard for and against

click bait
I see Middleton has put his 10 pence worth in the comments section ,to that article. He is the most, so non partial person ever .it oozes out of every pore in his body.. who's he trying to kid , he must think we're that naive to believe him..

I also had a response from Layla Moran today:

Thank you for taking the time to write to me about the future of Oxford United and its need to find a site.

Like many fans and residents, we are all keen to find a new site for a stadium for Oxford United. I have heard from many residents and fans and I appreciate there are strong views on both sides.

While the current situation is the result of decisions made by the City Council and previous owners of the club some years ago, I am pressing Oxfordshire County Council to ensure that meaningful consultation happens at the earliest opportunity in order to find a solution that is acceptable to the local community directly affected.

The planning process is a step-by-step process that ensures that all views are considered. It also provides the necessary check step to ensure that the impact of any new development is assessed against all national and local planning policies and strategic priorities.

This issue was discussed at Oxfordshire County Council's cabinet meeting last week (24th Feb). The discussion and decision can be viewed via this video link https://mycouncil.oxfordshire.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=115&MId=6888

Agenda for Cabinet on Tuesday, 24 January 2023, 2.00 pm
Members of the public who wish to speak at this meeting can attend the meeting in person or ‘virtually’ through an online connection. To facilitate ‘hybrid’ meetings we are asking that requests to speak or present a petition are submitted by no later than 9am four working days before the meeting i.e., 9am on Wednesday 18 January 2023.
mycouncil.oxfordshire.gov.uk

Thank you once again for writing to me.

I went back with this:

Dear Layla,

Thank you for responding.

I watched the entire OCC cabinet meeting and appreciated the discussions. I was particularly impressed by the speakers, many of whom were from Kidlington, who were unambiguously in favour of the development.

I am quite concerned by your statement that you are pressing OCC for further consultation. I am sure you are aware that a consultation has already taken place with details below:

https://letstalk.oxfordshire.gov.uk/stratfield-brake-land-use-proposal-2022

With a corresponding BBC news article reporting on the outcome:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-60658733

You'll therefore know that the majority of Oxfordshire residents want the development to go ahead. Further consultation at this stage is just an unnecessary delay that could cause serious harm to the club, who need to complete the build in time for the lease expiring on the Kassam Stadium in 2026. We already have a consultation that shows public support, and further community engagement is required at the planning permission stage.

Can you please assure me that you will press OCC to approve the lease so that the club can quickly submit planning permission, and further local engagement on the details of the build can then take place.

I went back with this:

Dear Layla,

Thank you for responding.

I watched the entire OCC cabinet meeting and appreciated the discussions. I was particularly impressed by the speakers, many of whom were from Kidlington, who were unambiguously in favour of the development.

I am quite concerned by your statement that you are pressing OCC for further consultation. I am sure you are aware that a consultation has already taken place with details below:

https://letstalk.oxfordshire.gov.uk/stratfield-brake-land-use-proposal-2022

With a corresponding BBC news article reporting on the outcome:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-60658733

You'll therefore know that the majority of Oxfordshire residents want the development to go ahead. Further consultation at this stage is just an unnecessary delay that could cause serious harm to the club, who need to complete the build in time for the lease expiring on the Kassam Stadium in 2026. We already have a consultation that shows public support, and further community engagement is required at the planning permission stage.

Can you please assure me that you will press OCC to approve the lease so that the club can quickly submit planning permission, and further local engagement on the details of the build can then take place.

Well done keep pushing her. She'll side with the opposition, they're more appealing to her.

The letter in today's Oxford Mail smacks of snobbery as does FoSB's endorsement of it:

Screenshot_20230131_183520_Facebook.jpg

I think that FoSB (aka EoOUFC) have missed a trick here. Surely the new stadium survey shouldn't include ANYONE who might conceivably support the stadium being built on the Triangle.

See, I know something about survey creation...maybe EoOUFC will hire me.

I also had a response from Layla Moran today:

Thank you for taking the time to write to me about the future of Oxford United and its need to find a site.

Like many fans and residents, we are all keen to find a new site for a stadium for Oxford United. I have heard from many residents and fans and I appreciate there are strong views on both sides.

While the current situation is the result of decisions made by the City Council and previous owners of the club some years ago, I am pressing Oxfordshire County Council to ensure that meaningful consultation happens at the earliest opportunity in order to find a solution that is acceptable to the local community directly affected.

The planning process is a step-by-step process that ensures that all views are considered. It also provides the necessary check step to ensure that the impact of any new development is assessed against all national and local planning policies and strategic priorities.

This issue was discussed at Oxfordshire County Council's cabinet meeting last week (24th Feb). The discussion and decision can be viewed via this video link https://mycouncil.oxfordshire.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=115&MId=6888

Agenda for Cabinet on Tuesday, 24 January 2023, 2.00 pm
Members of the public who wish to speak at this meeting can attend the meeting in person or ‘virtually’ through an online connection. To facilitate ‘hybrid’ meetings we are asking that requests to speak or present a petition are submitted by no later than 9am four working days before the meeting i.e., 9am on Wednesday 18 January 2023.
mycouncil.oxfordshire.gov.uk

Thank you once again for writing to me.
I got exactly the same response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom