General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
18k is perfectly realistic even on "back of a fag packet" maths.
Doing well in Div 3 as we are, even in an unpleasant stadium we can push 10k.
Get to Div 2 and full houses would be a thing.

Throw that, and maybe Div 1 in a shiny new ground and bingo. :)

Hope they build in expansion potential....

Not sure people are moaning really. Just observing that however green you want to be, there are some of us (non-locals plus away fans) for whom public transport isn't a realistic option so *some* provision has to be (and undoubtedly will be) made.

That's what the park and ride sites are for, you drive to one and get on a shuttle (bus) to the ground. Think of it like an airport where you park elsewhere.

You've changed your tune rapidly - welcome aboard the positive bus!

Well if its four stands and a bowl roof shown in the plans surely filling in the corners would take us to around 25k.

I know that,
It's the Oxford greenbelt negative not me.
That's why similar sized towns years ago.
Swindon, reading, nothhampton has dwarfed Oxford is because of negative nimbys, councilors, etc why our growth is where it's at.youve got to get past them. They won't make it Easy
This land was bought by the County Council in the 1930’s with the sole aim of keeping a gap in housing between Oxford an Kidlington. 90 odd years later the same council are advising their councillors to approve negotiations for a 250 year lease on the site for this project. Hopefully I am right here🤞🤞but I suspect things are far further down the line regarding many things than we know at present.

but I suspect things are far further down the line regarding many things than we know at present.

That would make sense, I believe everything that could be kept out of the public eye has been done and this was the point where the public had to be informed. I know the rumours were going round Gosford allblacks atleast a year ago about the site being redeveloped but nothing was official until now.

I'll try to explain the deal to the best of my knowledge.

The ground will be owned by a holding company, but will have a long term (50 years or more) lease agreement with a peppercorn rent.

All football related revenue will be kept by the club and used to offset financial fair play rules. This will include ticket sales, sponsorship, on site food and drink sales, corporate packages etc. So not only do we gain from greater footfall and income streams but we also save paying out on rent and service charges.

All additional businesses and facilities, and non-matchday revenue will help offset the cost of the development and then eventually give the owners an income, meaning that the club/development effectively pays for itself.

Additional protective measures will be in place to ensure that the club can't suddenly become homeless or face a huge increase in rental costs.

Now I appreciate that I can't have a view without having copied it from others so obviously none of this is to be believed, but it is what it is!

Cheers Scotchegg..

It is early days and I am sure those involved with Kassam first time around will have learnt many lessons. As ever a healthy scepticism can be a useful stance to take.

It's hard to fault the current board, and after what seemed a shaky start when Tiger first joined we seem to have moved forward in so many positive ways. However things can change, and one thing I'm sure Oxvox will be pushing on is protecting the club in the long term.

When the time is right it will be great to hear from Oxvox / various officials involved with regards to the 'Additional protective measures will be in place to ensure that the club can't suddenly become homeless or face a huge increase in rental costs'

I understand what a holding company / peppercorn rent is, so I assume that if the current owners ever sold the club we would not be back in a situation where we were paying rent? I assume that there might be some protection in place so that 'associated football revenues' couldn't be carved off, i.e. taken away from new owners etc.

If done rightly the whole county and beyond will buy into this, and it looks like we are going in the right direction. Through work I've had the opportunity to hire out conference facilities, and was once offered the facilities at the Kassam. Due to the history / club not benefiting there was no way I'd take them up on the offer, and went elsewhere. If done correctly there will be so many people trying to find ways of spending their business and leisure pound at this complex and that will be a key to it's success.

Lets stay on the positive bus but keep asking the questions whose answers will give us that long term peace of mind.

ps I can't wait until it is all built! I'll be getting their early with my daughter, we'll use the leisure facilities, have a bite to eat and then we'll go to the afternoon footie match which will be followed by the early evening Ice Hockey match - bring it on!!

That's what the park and ride sites are for, you drive to one and get on a shuttle (bus) to the ground. Think of it like an airport where you park elsewhere.
Oh yes - indeed. That is exactly what I think would be the plan. The questions then are about cost of parking, amount of parking, frequency and capacity of shuttle busses and provision of safe walking routes for those so inclined.

Oh yes - indeed. That is exactly what I think would be the plan. The questions then are about cost of parking, amount of parking, frequency and capacity of shuttle busses and provision of safe walking routes for those so inclined.

Suggested that there will be new walk ways to both p&r sites. Obviously cost of parking and shuttle will be revealed further down the line.

At that time it wasn't the first choice. Absolutely 100% it wasn't, as we were looking at a smaller piece of land next door to Parkway. But as time went on Stratfield Brake became more attainable, and is larger, so it became first choice.
Well as I originally stated, it was an employee of the club who told me and maintained from the outset right up until now that it was Stratfield Brake that had been identified as the prime site. I have known this person for over 20 years and trust them. One or two 'dummy' sites may have been thrown in!!

Bakrie’s interview with Jerome was filmed after a morning visiting the university and several colleges. I think it may have actually been filmed on university premises. I believe either Bakrie himself or one of the other investors has a child attending the university, or one that will be soon?

He said in the interview that any project would include benefits for, and links with the uni. These are the sorts of wealthy people that universities enjoy dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom