General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
18,000 was the figure I arrived at Mark, based on very extensive research of similar clubs who had moved to new stadiums.

Interesting that our new stadium is proposed to be.......................... 18,000 ;)
Will you be included in the credits ;)

Well ,well if the university's involved.
As I have said , chances are high of it getting accepted then.🤫

I know it's usual to concentrate on the people who may be against this proposal, but it's also worth pointing out the massive support this is going to have from those outside of OUFC...as after all this project is more than just a stadium for OUFC.

You've got both Kidlington Cricket Club and Gosford All Blacks supporting the project as they've both been promised upgraded facilities. Ice Hockey stadium with perhaps Oxford City Stars relocating? Local pubs booming on matchdays and overall massive investment into the area can only be a good thing for jobs and the local economy.

Now of course the Council will need to ensure that this is done properly, you've got to think that with a multi-million pound oversees investment into the area, they are going to be rubbing their hands?
Plus +- 800 new jobs. That is also very attractive for councils, especially Kidlington.

If Oxford City Stars did move across to the planned ice rink it would make for perfect family days out for my gang. My other half loves ice hockey but doesn't like football. The only time I convinced her to go to an OUFC game, away to Newport in the League Cup (living in Cardiff at the time) was by also taking her to a Cardiff Devils game the following weekend. Could be a perfect little setup - OUFC game at 3, bit of grub in one of the various eateries that I'm sure will be in the area, then an ice hockey game in the evening.

If that does happen, I'll take 3 season tickets to both OUFC and Oxford City Stars 😁

If Oxford City Stars did move across to the planned ice rink it would make for perfect family days out for my gang. My other half loves ice hockey but doesn't like football. The only time I convinced her to go to an OUFC game, away to Newport in the League Cup (living in Cardiff at the time) was by also taking her to a Cardiff Devils game the following weekend. Could be a perfect little setup - OUFC game at 3, bit of grub in one of the various eateries that I'm sure will be in the area, then an ice hockey game in the evening.

If that does happen, I'll take 3 season tickets to both OUFC and Oxford City Stars 😁
Yes I'd certainly stay on following the football to watch the Ice Hockey.

Oh dear we have a new CassOx. 11 posts in total and starts posting straight after some excellent news is released. I smell a Scummer.
Probably not, south of Didcot, north side of Newbury. Close to the A34.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom