General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do all realise those are not the actual plans just some back of fag packet sketches for initial consultation the final site will look nothing like this.
The document also states that the existing sports facilities will be replaced locally not necessarily on the same site.

I heard the cricket club have been looking to move for the last couple of years due to the ground conditions being too soft in the summer at that location. It could also be possible we allow the cricket club to have a pitch on the training ground land?

Do they fancy playing in Horspath as OUFC have a couple of cricket pitches there available in the summer? :)

You do all realise those are not the actual plans just some back of fag packet sketches for initial consultation the final site will look nothing like this.
The document also states that the existing sports facilities will be replaced locally not necessarily on the same site.

Well the PO in the top right corner is the spitting image of the Populous logo who designed dc united stadium so hardly just some drawings on the back of a fag packet. Obviously changes will be made there always is but I wouldn't say it will be miles off looking like that.

Alot of folk at Stratfield Brake have known about this proposal for over a year and I know sueveys have been carried out on the site and the roads.

Timings in the proposal...

May 2022: legal and preplanning due diligence concluded.

May 2023: planning application submitted.

May 2026: construction of the new Stadium to be completed.
Bloody bureaucracy. Just goes to show this is a long process which needs to be taken step by step. Let's hope for a positive outcome from the meeting on the 18th Jan as a first step.

What’s happened with Tariq Fosu?
He's still in the squad. He did well for us last season in the Championship, and teamed up well with Ivan Toney on a number of occasions. But not sure he's quite at Premier League level. Whereas Baptiste clearly is, and if he can get a long run of games, where he's stays fit, he could turn out to be our star player over the next couple of seasons.

He's still in the squad. He did well for us last season in the Championship, and teamed up well with Ivan Toney on a number of occasions. But not sure he's quite at Premier League level. Whereas Baptiste clearly is, and if he can get a long run of games, where he's stays fit, he could turn out to be our star player over the next couple of seasons.
Thanks and it’s decent to see a another supporter from another club grace our forum with decent posts. Best of luck for the season.

Excellent - we like a sell-on clause 😎

They are for illustrative purposes only!

Looks like it has the markings of one.
Although the parkway will be used for stadium parking, I think it’s reasonable to estimate the number of home fans bringing cars could easily be cut by 50%, maybe more with those transport links. Most of Oxfordshire’s larger urban areas have easy access to this site via Bus or Train, in some cases, both.
The only time I would ever consider taking a car to Oxford is when visiting the Kassam, because of the transport options available.
Just outside Stratford Brake is also extremely well served by city centre buses and a 10 minute journey.

The arrows on the master plan could be predicted people flow?

Arrivals by train/Park & Ride being the longer arrow, from the hotel (in the triangle) being the top one and then flow around the venue being the curved one on the left?

Wouldn`t expect a "sustainable" stadium to have much more than the bare minimum of parking.

I`ve already sussed out where I`ll be dumping the gas guzzler. :ROFLMAO:

Although the parkway will be used for stadium parking, I think it’s reasonable to estimate the number of home fans bringing cars could easily be cut by 50%, maybe more with those transport links. Most of Oxfordshire’s larger urban areas have easy access to this site via Bus or Train, in some cases, both.
The only time I would ever consider taking a car to Oxford is when visiting the Kassam, because of the transport options available.
Just outside Stratford Brake is also extremely well served by city centre buses and a 10 minute journey.
Get the match day busses back, taking fans to and from the likes of Cowley, BBL etc. When we moved to the Kassam we gained a lot of fans who probably went because it was on their doorstep but then became ST holders etc.

Get the Cowley line opened, that would help, imagine being able to get a train from Parkway to Oxford Business + Science Park, changing at Oxford.

To absorb traffic from the north and ease pressure on the A34, what about creating some additional match day parking at the old MOD site in Islip next to the station, a <5 minute train ride to the ground.

Screenshot_20220111-074410_Word.jpg
Anybody know what the circled bit is? Looks like ice hockey markings to me but not heard that mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom