General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
God if we think the current stadium is neglected, imagine what it will look like in 2 years time if a new stadium is being built!

Or maybe this is all a plot to make Kassam sell the stadium at a fair price?
Highly doubt (and hope) not. Why would you sell to us when you can redevelop the site as housing and make multitudes more?

Think this move is a win win for everyone

Looks like it's one way round. Entry is from the roundabout and exit is the current entrance. It will only be limited parking, disabled and reserved parking for the other businesses on the site. Parking will be the various park and rides and the use of public transport.
It’s a dual carriageway so traffic will only be able to enter the South entrance coming from the A44

It’s a dual carriageway so traffic will only be able to enter and exit the South entrance coming from the A44

Currently yes. But this plan shows the entrance/exit of the garden city roundabout and an entrance on to the dual carriageway aswell.

Pic shows where the road will enter the roundabout.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220110-221441_Maps_50.jpg
    Screenshot_20220110-221441_Maps_50.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 63
Currently yes. But this plan shows the entrance of the garden city slip road/roundabout and the exit from the site coming on to the dual carriageway.
It shows an arrow pointing to the road away from the site and each entrance has an island suggesting two way traffic, but we’ll see.

20220110_221719.jpg

So is that the Populous logo in the top right? (Architects that build DC United's stadium)

Last edited:
Looks like it's one way round. Entry is from the roundabout and exit is the current entrance. It will only be limited parking, disabled and reserved parking for the other businesses on the site. Parking will be the various park and rides and the use of public transport.
They must have parking onsite for the various outlets otherwise people/families would have to do a fair bit of walking in between,?

It shows an arrow pointing to the road away from the site and each entrance has an island suggesting two way traffic, but we’ll see.

Yeh I've just noticed that. Looks like the road in the site is 2 way. Also looks like there is 2 bridges across the dual but are they both pedestrian only?

They must have parking onsite for the various outlets otherwise people/families would have to do a fair bit of walking in between,?

There is parking on that plan but I would say max of 500 spaces. Obviously match days it will be restricted and more then likely pre booked only.

More use of park and ride sites and the public transport systems around them is beneficial for all.

Won’t Oxford City have a moan that it’s full but there aren’t any shoppers on a Saturday in Oxford

You will still get people going shopping in Oxford on a Saturday match day, that won’t stop because we have a new ground. You are getting increasingly desperate in your attempts to find problems with something that is 5 years away.

Christmas time possibly but even if they don’t they will with fans using them

I think with the other options available not as many cars will be travelling as they do to the kassam. Don't forget we could run football busses from Thornhill, seacourt, Redbridge if needed when we hit 18k fans.

Of all the times to come back and gloat, and you pick today?!

Sad man.
Is that really ‘Ibiza’ Charles returning? Funnily enough, i saw his name on the TV earlier on - not a repeat of the old Netflix sitcom but as a question setter on Victoria Coren’s ‘Only Connect’ on BBC 2. Seriously - I noticed it a few weeks back but had forgotten until today.

so if the lease is agreed with OCC next week, how long before we could see planning permission submitted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom