General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a post of the Friends of Stratfield Brake Facebook group that read like it was written by KPC and/or G&WEPC and pretty soon after I highlighted that that post was hastily deleted. What are we to take from that?
That they were libeling GWPC and KPC and were advised to take it down. KPC position is on their website and I believe they are there to be persuaded, if they are not we are not going to SB.

You might not be comfortable with people referring to outside owners. Similarly, I am not comfortable with OUFC being referred to as a byproduct of their business venture.

But, I am sure we all want the same thing, no disagreement there.

I'm sure they all want the same thing as we do. A successful, sustainable football club that maintains links with the community.

I only made the comment that Oxford was a byproduct of the wider buisness plan to avoid anyone implying that they are pretending to be lifelong fans. But that doesn't mean that they don't care passionately about the club, the city and everything that goes with it.

That they were libeling GWPC and KPC and were advised to take it down. KPC position is on their website and I believe they are there to be persuaded, if they are not we are not going to SB.

They weren't but it was written in a way that suggested to me with the use of the word 'we' it was written by one of those two councils. I posted about that that and it was quickly deleted. If members of those councils are involved in a prominent opposition group then they can't claim to be neutral pending seeing detailed plans. If my suspicions are correct then they should stand aside and let CDC or OCC decide if they should surrender their lease.

Just seen on local news that the immigration camp in Kidlington looks like it may be reopened after donkeys years. That should give the anti-campaigners something else to occupy them.

Just seen on local news that the immigration camp in Kidlington looks like it may be reopened after donkeys years. That should give the anti-campaigners something else to occupy them.

It's a long way out to be fair so wont affect many to be fair. Still, I'm sure that won't stop angry scout masters from getting on their high horse.

Bearing in mind that the areas of Stratfield Brake that are pencilled in the the stadium is mostly grass pitches which are cut and played on several times a week I doubt that land has much O2 producing or CO2 reducing capabilities. A reminder that the Woodland Trust land does not form part of the proposal and will remain untouched.

Screenshot_20220629-122429_Twitter.jpg

It's a long way out to be fair so wont affect many to be fair. Still, I'm sure that won't stop angry scout masters from getting on their high horse.
just the one angry scout mistress isnt it? :sneaky:

A strange response when asked why she had an issue with the owners being foreign

Is she trying to equate our owners, who visit the country (none of them live here afaik), to asylum seekers? If so, that is truly sad and isn't a good look.

On the stadium, nice to get an email from the club today, just confirming what was on the public website last week really. Looking forward to the fan wide/non Kidlington resident opportunity to provide our priorities.

As I suspected its Victoria that's behind FoSB, and no shock that it's people that indulge themselves in snobbish attitudes towards football fan's that she is rounding up, imagine my shock!

If that’s the case, then one of the only people ‘liking’ FOSB’s Twitter posts is none other than Victoria!

We’ve had pages and pages on this thread pouring over everything that they say like they’re a genuine threat to the project. They’re not. They’re one lone voice (or a handful at most) shouting into the void.

I can’t be arsed keeping up with this thread anymore. I’ll wait until proper plans have been put in and then wait for the genuine opposition and not some chumps on Facebook or Twitter who, quite frankly, we should be ignoring.

If that’s the case, then one of the only people ‘liking’ FOSB’s Twitter posts is none other than Victoria!

We’ve had pages and pages on this thread pouring over everything that they say like they’re a genuine threat to the project. They’re not. They’re one lone voice (or a handful at most) shouting into the void.

I can’t be arsed keeping up with this thread anymore. I’ll wait until proper plans have been put in and then wait for the genuine opposition and not some chumps on Facebook or Twitter who, quite frankly, we should be ignoring.
I said this last week and got shouted down by some! Best to ignore them completely.

It may not have occurred to you but I can assure you FoSB will be the main opposition, their account is run by Victoria clearly and obviously has few followers on twitter(her and her husband seem to be the main contributors) but she is most definitely going to be at the forefront of this.

She uses multiple platforms and at the council meeting was sat with a large group and clearly getting people sat with her to ask her questions for her.

We can dismiss her all we want but her group will grow.

And the more we know of what she is arming herself with the better.

It may seem like aimless ramblings but surely it's better to know these topics so we are prepared

So here's another strange angle of money laundering

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220629-181350_Nextdoor~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220629-181350_Nextdoor~2.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom