General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takeaways:

Nobody saw the triangular bit of land as being part of the agreement. That's a real positive and would give a nice split - it looks like the main pitch will the in this two with an additional one in the top left.

There's a rather distinct lack of cricket pitches; what the clubs plan for that?

Looks to me like the plan is highlighting the flow into the ground as via Oxford Parkway. Based also on the comments on RADOX from NMAC, they're also hopeful the two parkways will act as a lot of the parking need.

THAT IS AN ICE RINK

Big area on the lead up to the stadium so plenty of space for food and entertaniment

Populous are the architect. Well known, though the grounds I've seen them build are very nice but aren't necessarily the most atmosphere focussed.

Top of triangle - leisure facilities? Gym etc? Below that i assume is the clubhouse below is the Rugby club.

The part that links the ice rink and the ground must be conference facilities and hotel?

The bottom left - cannot work it out for the life of me. Unless this is the hotel?

Takeaways:

Nobody saw the triangular bit of land as being part of the agreement. That's a real positive and would give a nice split - it looks like the main pitch will the in this two with an additional one in the top left.

There's a rather distinct lack of cricket pitches; what the clubs plan for that?

Looks to me like the plan is highlighting the flow into the ground as via Oxford Parkway. Based also on the comments on RADOX from NMAC, they're also hopeful the two parkways will act as a lot of the parking need.

THAT IS AN ICE RINK

Big area on the lead up to the stadium so plenty of space for food and entertaniment

Populous are the architect. Well known, though the grounds I've seen them build are very nice but aren't necessarily the most atmosphere focussed.

Top of triangle - leisure facilities? Gym etc? Below that i assume is the clubhouse below is the Rugby club.

The part that links the ice rink and the ground must be conference facilities and hotel?

The bottom left - cannot work it out for the life of me. Unless this is the hotel?
I thought hotel, or perhaps appartments?

Reading everything that has come out, nothing states that the current tenants will remain at the site, rather that OUFC is responsible for the provision of other facilities for them. I would infer from the graphic above that their future lies elsewhere in the area.
This is the statement from Gosford All Blacks:

"Along with the other resident clubs, last week we were sent the letter from Oxfordshire County Council to Stratfield Brake Sports Ground sports clubs in relation to plans from Oxford United Official, and are following with great interest.
Should their plans come to fruition, this may represent an excellent opportunity for all community sport in the locality including Gosford All Blacks RFC.
We look forward to working with #OUFC and all Stakeholders to understand the opportunity this may bring in greater detail".

Certainly not negative and welcoming the opportunity to look at plans - as I would be in their situation.

Where's that plan from?

There's no parking I can see on there but I true OCC fashion I'd imagine they'd not want that so we have to use public transport and the park and rides which I'm sure will do shuttle buses from them to The New Manor.

Why is there an ice rink?!
It's from OCC's website and the documents detailing what is to be discussed at cabinet next week.

As for the ice rink, well I suspect it's a way of maximising the site's multi-use capability and also frees up Oxpens nicely for development.

Having an Ice Rink on site is a real win
Where's that plan from?

There's no parking I can see on there but I true OCC fashion I'd imagine they'd not want that so we have to use public transport and the park and rides which I'm sure will do shuttle buses from them to The New Manor.

I think the Ice Rink is a brilliant Idea as it enables OCC to demolish the eye sore opposite the Westgate. More chance of the plans being accepted.

Looks like an arena top right with the ice hockey markings. Could house Ice Hockey, basketball teams etc along with bands and comedy acts. Just what oxford has been crying out for and will hopefully tempt some bigger acts touring to visit here if it is actually an arena.

Where's that plan from?

Ice rink may be be a quid pro quo so the one in town can be bulldozed for residential reasons...

Looks like they are already planning their own STADCO (from those linked OCC meeting preparation notes)
"OUFC propose that the lease would be taken in the name of a corporate entity, owned 100% by Oxford United Directors shareholders, to be set up to develop the scheme."

"OUFC request that the remainder of the OCC land not utilised for the Stadium may be sublet as a whole or in parts by the corporate entity of OUFC, at a market rent to operators providing commercial and leisure facilities such as retail, hotel and conference facilities. All of these would, of course, be subject to planning approval. It is understood that the revenue from these is required to fund the construction of the Stadium. In the event that the OUFC fold and no professional football club can be found to sublease the Stadium, the entire headlease is assigned to the landlord."

So ... will the football club actually benefit from revenues around the stadium?

Is the black line/shape on the top of the pitch the proposed roof outline? Unusual shape (not that I know what a usual shape is).

Looks like they are already planning their own STADCO (from those linked OCC meeting preparation notes)
"OUFC propose that the lease would be taken in the name of a corporate entity, owned 100% by Oxford United Directors shareholders, to be set up to develop the scheme."

"OUFC request that the remainder of the OCC land not utilised for the Stadium may be sublet as a whole or in parts by the corporate entity of OUFC, at a market rent to operators providing commercial and leisure facilities such as retail, hotel and conference facilities. All of these would, of course, be subject to planning approval. It is understood that the revenue from these is required to fund the construction of the Stadium. In the event that the OUFC fold and no professional football club can be found to sublease the Stadium, the entire headlease is assigned to the landlord."

So ... will the football club actually benefit from revenues around the stadium?
If it had a peppercorn rent and control of the stadium (big assumptions, I know) would it matter? It would certainly be in a much better place than it is now.

Your point stands, though, and your question and a gazillion more will all need answering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom