General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they are already planning their own STADCO (from those linked OCC meeting preparation notes)
"OUFC propose that the lease would be taken in the name of a corporate entity, owned 100% by Oxford United Directors shareholders, to be set up to develop the scheme."

"OUFC request that the remainder of the OCC land not utilised for the Stadium may be sublet as a whole or in parts by the corporate entity of OUFC, at a market rent to operators providing commercial and leisure facilities such as retail, hotel and conference facilities. All of these would, of course, be subject to planning approval. It is understood that the revenue from these is required to fund the construction of the Stadium. In the event that the OUFC fold and no professional football club can be found to sublease the Stadium, the entire headlease is assigned to the landlord."

So ... will the football club actually benefit from revenues around the stadium?
Can anyone elaborate on this? Sounds worrying if I have read it correctly.

I there's going to be an ice rink, would it not be sensible to put a swimming pool next-door the heat from the ice rink could warm the pool water.

Looks like they are already planning their own STADCO (from those linked OCC meeting preparation notes)
"OUFC propose that the lease would be taken in the name of a corporate entity, owned 100% by Oxford United Directors shareholders, to be set up to develop the scheme."

"OUFC request that the remainder of the OCC land not utilised for the Stadium may be sublet as a whole or in parts by the corporate entity of OUFC, at a market rent to operators providing commercial and leisure facilities such as retail, hotel and conference facilities. All of these would, of course, be subject to planning approval. It is understood that the revenue from these is required to fund the construction of the Stadium. In the event that the OUFC fold and no professional football club can be found to sublease the Stadium, the entire headlease is assigned to the landlord."

So ... will the football club actually benefit from revenues around the stadium?

I suppose the club will benefit from paying no or a peppercorn rent.

Seems pretty clear the ground lease will be held by the 'corporate entity'.

You're very good at posing questions but ignoring answers.

This came up several time on previous threads link to the stadium ownership. All matchday revenue will go to the club, all ancillary income will offset the cost of the development. There's nothing underhand about this, no matter how hard you try to find it!

Populous built Allianz Field for Minnesota United - 20k capacity. Don't be surprised if it's similar to this:

EDIT: When I say similar, assuming our project spend comes in at £100m as mooted, you'll sacrifice some of the luxury that Allianz Field has. That being said, the design as a template probably won't be dissimilar, though remove the top tier in their ground and remove the corners with a few additional rows.

Last edited:
Hopefully there'll be some parking for those with mobility issues. Not sure this will be positively received

If it relies on car travel, it won't happen.

The task here is to make the public transport links of such a high standard that no one will give two hoots. I will accept a moving walkway from my Cotswolds idyl to my seat, via several eateries, obvs.

Populous built Allianz Field for Minnesota United - 20k capacity. Don't be surprised if it's similar to this:

Thats not too shabby.............. and its got a pub! :)

• React
Reactions: ljs

Er, wow!!!😳

EDIT: When I say similar, assuming our project spend comes in at £100m as mooted, you'll sacrifice some of the luxury that Allianz Field has. That being said, the design as a template probably won't be dissimilar, though remove the top tier in their ground and remove the corners with a few additional rows.
Looks like it would fit in the footprint on the plan posted on the thread earlier, Maybe 18k without the corners filled in.

That’s what I was getting at in this thread earlier. That stadium is stylish and it’s memorable. It’s like a smaller Amex and there’s no shame in that.

That kind of stadium would be terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom