New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

On this day of good news and converts to the cause Councillor Miller and dear old Steveopedia I wonder who will be next
Mr Middleton, Vicky,Suzy?

Probably not and certainly not the Bain of our lives The Oxford Mail

In Vickys letter re the letter sent to an OUFC fan she says the Mail didn’t name FoSB and was right to do so.
And when commenting on the redactions by CDC they can’t help but get two anti stadium messages out, one by KPC and the other Gant

I’m beginning to wonder if the editor has connections in North Oxford and is pulling the strings
Just wait for the latest piece on the signing of the lease.
Middleton, KPC or Mc Ivor will have a say

It stinks

Sorry to go on about this but in any other town/city the local media would be right behind it. Yes there would be balance but here even with positive news the balance is just not there.
Agree. It sounds on the face of it to be pretty shady.
The local paper not supporting the lively football club is an absolute disgrace

Given the local political context, I'd take that statement as a relative positive.

There's some positive senitments and signals in there - not every politician is going to be able to come and publicly back the stadium 100% pre-planning (much as we'd like them to!)
Very true. The shift from 'if' to 'what type' of stadium feels significant. The specific reference to traffic and parking but not any other itemised concerns also telling. That would be an issue for any councillor anywhere on any big development and feels like a very 'solvable' issue to focus on. Someone looking for a way to block would surely also include other talking points. What a week

On this day of good news and converts to the cause Councillor Miller and dear old Steveopedia I wonder who will be next
Mr Middleton, Vicky,Suzy?

Probably not and certainly not the Bain of our lives The Oxford Mail

In Vickys letter re the letter sent to an OUFC fan she says the Mail didn’t name FoSB and was right to do so.
And when commenting on the redactions by CDC they can’t help but get two anti stadium messages out, one by KPC and the other Gant

I’m beginning to wonder if the editor has connections in North Oxford and is pulling the strings
Just wait for the latest piece on the signing of the lease.
Middleton, KPC or Mc Ivor will have a say

It stinks

Sorry to go on about this but in any other town/city the local media would be right behind it. Yes there would be balance but here even with positive news the balance is just not there.

The Oxford Mail are about as neutral as their go to ‘rent a quote’ Green Councillor claims to be.

The Oxford Mail used to be good for Oxford United , and Oxford United used to be good for the Oxford Mail.

But something changed and the Oxford Mail decided to back a shouty bunch of North Oxford NIMBYs, rather than an amazing world class eco friendly community stadium that the whole county can be proud of. The front page reporting on the stadium has clearly been biased, and unbalanced. That is a deliberate editorial policy.

It’s a shame they’ve fallen this low. I miss what the Oxford Mail And Times used to be.

The Oxford Mail are about as neutral as their go to ‘rent a quote’ Green Councillor claims to be.

The Oxford Mail used to be good for Oxford United , and Oxford United used to be good for the Oxford Mail.

But something changed and the Oxford Mail decided to back a shouty bunch of North Oxford NIMBYs, rather than an amazing world class eco friendly community stadium that the whole county can be proud of. The front page reporting on the stadium has clearly been biased, and unbalanced. That is a deliberate editorial policy.

It’s a shame they’ve fallen this low. I miss what the Oxford Mail And Times used to be.
agree 100%

If it hasn’t already been suggested (and isn’t obvious), we’ll need to be on our best behaviour in and around Kidlington on the 18th. FOSB will be ready to pounce on anything they can spin as anti-social.

Should we also (through @OUSP, perhaps?) have some sort of proactive comms strategy alongside the club to explain that because there are no trains to Wembley from Oxford, Bicester etc. that more people will likely be going to Wembley from Oxford parkway than will attend a match at the triangle, so parking, volume of people on the day, etc. *will not* be representative of a normal Saturday.

Can I also suggest that people use public transport to get to Oxford Parkway if at all possible to minimise the impact of traffic on the day?

We need to give them absolutely zero reason or chance to use this match as an example of why the stadium should be there.

If it hasn’t already been suggested (and isn’t obvious), we’ll need to be on our best behaviour in and around Kidlington on the 18th. FOSB will be ready to pounce on anything they can spin as anti-social.

Should we also (through @OUSP, perhaps?) have some sort of proactive comms strategy alongside the club to explain that because there are no trains to Wembley from Oxford, Bicester etc. that more people will likely be going to Wembley from Oxford parkway than will attend a match at the triangle, so parking, volume of people on the day, etc. *will not* be representative of a normal Saturday.

Can I also suggest that people use public transport to get to Oxford Parkway if at all possible to minimise the impact of traffic on the day?

We need to give them absolutely zero reason or chance to use this match as an example of why the stadium should be there.
train stops at bicester village

Hopefully Cllr Miller didn't mean this type of stadium:

With regards to Cllr Miller's what type of stadium comment, it should be exactly as is proposed now. No more amendments, no more consulting, no more delay.

Personally, I think now is the time for FoSB to call it a day.

The momentum is with the club now. There's the club at Wembley again next weekend. The county is buzzing and football is on most people's minds.

It would be very unwise for them to keep smearing the club that 35,000 people will be going to support in the capital next week.

They could go out with a bit of class if they did it now. Thank their supporters, wish OUFC good luck and put a line under this whole sorry saga for them.

Very true. The shift from 'if' to 'what type' of stadium feels significant. The specific reference to traffic and parking but not any other itemised concerns also telling. That would be an issue for any councillor anywhere on any big development and feels like a very 'solvable' issue to focus on. Someone looking for a way to block would surely also include other talking points. What a week

Tbf, the 'what type' of stadium has also been answered by the planning application.

Back
Top Bottom