NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all getting quite ludicrously semantic. It is not an 'opinion' that the wages and the taxman were not paid on time. It is a mixture of fact and alleged fact.
What is abundantly clear - to anyone who is not living in Alice in Wonderland - is that it has all been a helluva mess.
When you takeover a company, cashflowing it is a clear and obvious priority. It is a simple matter of competence not to overlook overdue payments. The fact that it got as far as an HMRC court case is bloody disgraceful and embarrassing. One of the companies I once founded went bust. We went under having paid all our VAT and other bills. Not to do so is dirt in the corporate world - it is called 'trading insolvently' and is illegal.
The new owners need to inject significant cash into the club. Hearing the stories of club employees on Saturday was truly appalling. Wages paid late, no clue on what is going on......
Maybe they all have -agendas' but the bottom line is that a serious takeover of the football club should involve the following:
1) immediate cashflowing
2) a clear declaration of intent
3) appointment of critical, qualified executives to make that plan happen.

Instead, we have seen HMRC take the club to court, no plan, no indication of the funding of any plan, the ckub loaded up with hard debt to fund the deal, a part-time MD told to carry on, no managerial appointment in weeks. Need I go on?

Ten days ago, when people were getting angsty, I recommended a short period of calm. If there is no plan and no manager by the Peterborough game then start to get worried. A bunch of the moonshiners applauded me. Well - here we are.

Who called Charlie???!!!

Charlie et al how a point though. Has Tiger for the money to run the club? Perhaps if he has another business generating cash flows in of a few million a year then yes?

This is all getting quite ludicrously semantic. It is not an 'opinion' that the wages and the taxman were not paid on time. It is a mixture of fact and alleged fact.
What is abundantly clear - to anyone who is not living in Alice in Wonderland - is that it has all been a helluva mess.
When you takeover a company, cashflowing it is a clear and obvious priority. It is a simple matter of competence not to overlook overdue payments. The fact that it got as far as an HMRC court case is bloody disgraceful and embarrassing. One of the companies I once founded went bust. We went under having paid all our VAT and other bills. Not to do so is dirt in the corporate world - it is called 'trading insolvently' and is illegal.
The new owners need to inject significant cash into the club. Hearing the stories of club employees on Saturday was truly appalling. Wages paid late, no clue on what is going on......
Maybe they all have -agendas' but the bottom line is that a serious takeover of the football club should involve the following:
1) immediate cashflowing
2) a clear declaration of intent
3) appointment of critical, qualified executives to make that plan happen.

Instead, we have seen HMRC take the club to court, no plan, no indication of the funding of any plan, the ckub loaded up with hard debt to fund the deal, a part-time MD told to carry on, no managerial appointment in weeks. Need I go on?

Ten days ago, when people were getting angsty, I recommended a short period of calm. If there is no plan and no manager by the Peterborough game then start to get worried. A bunch of the moonshiners applauded me. Well - here we are.

Charlie, i asked the question regarding who is running the club a week ago and still non the wiser. The fact that the old regime have now stepped away, it’s even more important to know who is running Oxford United on a day to day basis. I would think that the current situation must be very unsettling for all those employed by the club. The fact that Tiger is yet again absent when he was supposedly in a position to announce our new WOW manager this week should make people start to think maybe those who challenge what’s going on are not being negative for some secret agenda. Dave T has reiterated the fact that Oxvox are in regular contact with the new owner, maybe they can shed light on the situation.

Just to show what a load of pointless willy waving this thread has become.

Some really amazing news has come to my attention. The training ground and academy we know about already. But Tiger has got so much money as a gesture of good will he has increased everyone’s pay in the club by 10%.
The budget for next season is set at 20 million for transfers and 1.2 billion for wages.
We will own the stadium by next Thursday week. Tiger also plans to build the 4th stand and significantly upgrade every aspect of the ground.
All 100% true.
How do I know all this well I’m sorry I can’t reveal my sources but it’s come from 4 different people in the club.
The thing is if I tell you next time they might not keep me informed. It’s a trust thing.

I’m not sure why when armed with this amazing info I decided to write it in an Internet forum rather than publishing an actual article, perhaps for the Oxford Mail but still.
Renting a different training ground to the one we had previously is not 'amazing news'. It is entirely expected news. It has been in the pipeline for ages.
The amazing news is that the club was so far in arrears with HMRC that it got a court summons.
Almost as amazing is that after weeks of being promised a new manager, there still is not one.
These issues are matters of basic competence. Even famously badly run clubs are not being hauled up in front of the revenue and are able to appoint a manager if they want to.
Things may change swiftly. A plan may be announced, the club may receive an injection of cash, a manager may be appointed. That is the easy bit. Jesus, even Nick Merry managed that!

Renting a different training ground to the one we had previously is not 'amazing news'. It is entirely expected news. It has been in the pipeline for ages.
The amazing news is that the club was so far in arrears with HMRC that it got a court summons.
Almost as amazing is that after weeks of being promised a new manager, there still is not one.
These issues are matters of basic competence. Even famously badly run clubs are not being hauled up in front of the revenue and are able to appoint a manager if they want to.
Things may change swiftly. A plan may be announced, the club may receive an injection of cash, a manager may be appointed. That is the easy bit. Jesus, even Nick Merry managed that!
Won’t make the slightest difference regarding your last paragraph because you and your gang will still fault find at every way possible. It’s so tedious.

Just to show what a load of pointless willy waving this thread has become.

Some really amazing news has come to my attention. The training ground and academy we know about already. But Tiger has got so much money as a gesture of good will he has increased everyone’s pay in the club by 10%.
The budget for next season is set at 20 million for transfers and 1.2 billion for wages.
We will own the stadium by next Thursday week. Tiger also plans to build the 4th stand and significantly upgrade every aspect of the ground.
All 100% true.
How do I know all this well I’m sorry I can’t reveal my sources but it’s come from 4 different people in the club.
The thing is if I tell you next time they might not keep me informed. It’s a trust thing.

I’m not sure why when armed with this amazing info I decided to write it in an Internet forum rather than publishing an actual article, perhaps for the Oxford Mail but still.

So ur give him time, and judge him on what he does has lasted 2 weeks ?

Come on charlie, if u agree with Ed ,that it is that bad ,then let’s have some evidence, if players ain’t being paid it’s massive, is it really worth the future of the club not to reveal a source just so that more inside info can be got in the future? In today’s social media world, would it really not slip from one player or staff member that has just had enough, or who is off in the summer anyway. Would their first call really be to ed or you, instead of radio oxford or oxmail (even anonymously) I can’t see any of them muttering the line, right I’ve had enough of this I’m going to phone ed so he can put it on yellows forum.

I've half followed this thread in the last 24 hours. Am losing the will to live when I read it. But just for clarity:
1. Do we know for certain that OUFC employees were paid late?
2. Do we know for certain that OUFC were issued a winding up order by the HMRC?
3. Do we know for certain that Bellamy rejected the manager's job once he had met Tiger?
If 'yes' to at least two of the above, then I am seriously concerned.
As we all should be tbh

I believe they were 2 days late. I’m not sure who paid the bill.
From what I’m hearing I’d be concerned about The next payroll being late as well
Thank you Hawk.
I've checked and OUFC staff - up to May 2017 at any rate - are paid on last working day of the month. So that would mean money due on Wed 28 Feb was paid on Fri 2 Mar... "only" two days but that is a shitty thing to do to anyone, especially as football clubs are hardly the best payers of admin / office staff so people would have been relying on that money, on time to pay mortgages etc.

As per previous thread it could be that it was the takeover causing the issue... however, that was announced on 22 Feb from memory - the press conf was on Mon 26 Feb - so it was on Tiger's watch if it was delayed. A week on Thursday will be interesting then, especially if we still have no manager by then serious questions will be warranted.

Its time to step up.
I am Tigers wealthy backer.
The HMRC thing was just HMRC flexing their muscles.
HMRC are all Rugby chaps that detest football clubs.
Southend suggested that the 19th WU order is the worst.
Somethings haven`t changed though, CM is still picking that infuriating scab known as "HesgotwhatIwantbutwillneverhave".
Salmon pink cords have been burnt as a sacrifice.
Oxvox are continuing a hybrid of the Third Reich and Satanism.
Next years budget is going up faster than NHS pay scales.
Cushions will be attached to every other seat in the ground.
The rent will go up by 300% to cover the cost.
Every out of work manager is on holiday.
Every in work manager is in work.
And finally.... "The Hawk" is about as deep and investigative as a ten bob hooker.

Night night xx

I've half followed this thread in the last 24 hours. Am losing the will to live when I read it. But just for clarity:
3. Do we know for certain that Bellamy rejected the manager's job once he had met Tiger?
As we all should be tbh

No
Yes
Not really.

So only half concerned? Which Ian probably a fair reflection of the majority who sit between sun is shining and the world is ending

I
Work in MK, and know people who have children at the same School as KR. Apparently he has an ego like Jose and believes his own career early hype. We have worked for several of the MK Dungs players over the last 10 years and all have said the same thing....good tracksuit coach, but nicknamed Billy Bullshit by the players as you can't trust a word he says to your face. None of this was from out of favour players at the time, or Robbie Hall.[/QUOTE I agreed. I know he likes to "hang out" with his celebrity football mates. I saw him @ the Kaz with Ian Wright.

As we all should be tbh
Question 3 is irrelevant as it could’ve been over a difference of football opinion/ direction which is I think basically what Bellamy said. Point 2 as I understand was issued but had been payed the previous day which is still clearly not good enough and mustn’t happen again and point 1 if true not good enough although why has it taken the hawk? and gang so long to find this out. Also the Oxford Mail knee about Hmrc but not a word on wages. I have asked for backed up FACTS on this not pr/ media bullsthit and still await answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom