NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is Oxford United living legend. What a team we had late 90's. I thank you Robin Herd for bank rolling us.

Matt Elliott was the best player I've ever seen in a yellow shirt (started going to games early 90s). No idea whether he would be a good manager or not, but I hate the suggestion of him less than some of the others on this thread!

On the Robin Herd front.....no doubt that his heart was in the right place. But he also mismanaged the club off the field to the extent that we ended up with a rusting pile of metal in Blackbird Leys rather than a new stadium. If he'd done a better job, none of us may ever have heard of the name Firoz Kassam.....and we'd all be better off for it!

You're assuming he wasn't making a metaphysical point.

Err, excuse me MC, if I may finish, oh and thank you Belgium Yellow. If I may continue, the only way the manager situation will be solved is if we embrace, and try to understand the origin, structure, and space-time relationships of the universe

129 pages of frenzied/ frazzled supporters wondering what is going to happen next. Seemingly 24/ 48 hours from naming someone we never thought would come and the Forum has almost ground to a halt. We’re an odd lot us Oxford fans (and probably exhausted by the whole thing too!)

Surely if an appointment was going to happen this week the media
would be briefed in advance that a news conference was being
held? We could hear something in the next 24 hours.

I think Dean Saunders may be in the mix. Was at the game on Saturday. Last result as a manager was a loss to Swindon so not the best pedigree!

Matt Elliott was the best player I've ever seen in a yellow shirt (started going to games early 90s). No idea whether he would be a good manager or not, but I hate the suggestion of him less than some of the others on this thread!

On the Robin Herd front.....no doubt that his heart was in the right place. But he also mismanaged the club off the field to the extent that we ended up with a rusting pile of metal in Blackbird Leys rather than a new stadium. If he'd done a better job, none of us may ever have heard of the name Firoz Kassam.....and we'd all be better off for it!
Herd bought me a pint in the Standard so I'll not hear a bad word about him!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom